new to the sport and looking for a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the sport and looking for a car

hey, i'm almost 17 now and looking to enter the sport of drift. I am currently tyring to figure out what kind of car to get. I don't really wanna get the main stream cars (240's,silvias,corollas, u know). I'm looking for something a little different but I need to keep it affordable(in my case it needs to be around 8k and under 100k miles, my parents rule they want me 2 but a reliable car) I have considered a 300zx but well they are pretty expensive. So any useful suggestions would be appreciated.

86-89 300zx, Fc Rx7...

Comment

93-97 f-body 275-305hp, 345-365tq and a 6-spd

E36 BMW
      Last edited by kairles; 01-31-2005, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Gee, I wonder if anyone else has tried to be "different" before... maybe the answer lies in the SEARCH box.

Comment

Older bimmer 3-series are great, Late 80s RX-7s, pretty much any rear wheel drive, drifting a 300zx is possible but is tough becuase of the weight of the vehicle, but hell some peopl drift boats on this site.

Comment

anything light-weight and rwd is an "ideal" drift car, but i'm not saying other drivetrain layouts are impossible to use.

kind of difficult since you said you didn't want the AE86 or the 240's.

Mazda - FC3S, miata, FD(if you get your hands on one.. don't learn to drift in it... please please keep it in the best condition possible...)
            Toyota - mr2, oldsku supra, lexus sc series
            Nissan - 240sx but there are many different models (S13 coupe/fastback & zenki/chuki, S14 zenki/kouki)

Comment

Working...
            X