Initial D...ebate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial D...ebate

I just wanted to see what everyone one though about the show, and why they have that opinoin. I've noticed that some people love it, others despise it...so lets see what kind of crazy mess happens in here.

I personally really like the show, as entertainment. I understand half the things that go on are totally blown out of porportion (gutter runs, and other super techniques). I dont base my drifting around the series but I do like it. Now, since I do like the show, Am I just some pouser with no knowledge of anything about the real drifting world (say no)
    Last edited by AaronConklin; 06-28-2006, 08:16 AM.

I dont even know what this is...

Comment

I enjoy the series. It's what got me, and many others into drifting and touge, and for that I salute it.
      As far as unrealism, its no more real the pr0n but no one disses that....

Comment

I dont even know what this is...
        Initial D is an Japanese Animation about touge racers, it gets really in depth about Takumi (main character) and his stuggles and stuff...

Then the made arcade game in japan and brought it here, its getting pretty popular, I sortof hate playing it...I drive like a normal human being while im getting whooped by 9yr old kids redlining and doing some weird shift trick crap...sooo *Censored**Censored**Censored*...

Comment

What really gets me, are the people who watch or play Initial D, then the go get an RX7 or some car and take it up to the canyons or mountains...and they think it will just slide...its sad really...

Well I guess there are 2 different Initial D groups, the ones who make it a way of life, and others who just treat it as entertainment...yuuup...

Comment

this has been discussed/argued since the dawn of d.com.

its an anime, people like it, and it wont OMG ru1n the dorifto sc3n3. i personally enjoy it for what it is.

Comment

i've only seen the original anime series and not any of the later stages in the series but i can say that i don't really care for it. It's a dated, cheesy soap opera drama for boys. hehe.

there are way better anime series out there; granted not about cars. it's definitely has had a very big cult following and i can respect that. some people at live sockets do love the show, so what do i know. different strokes for different folks i guess. BUT we can all agree on the fact that it's total *Censored**Censored**Censored* to blast initial D music while running canyon so stop doing that. yeah, you otakus know who you are.

Comment

OMFG Im a tard....I saw the ebate and didnt sync that up with DEbate..I thought it was like some ner version of initial D ..I watched the initial D's pirated online before english subtitles were added lol and since then Ive seen some here or there with english subtitles, and its entertaining...I mean I watch family guy but no one in my family is like that but its entertaining..

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin
                  Initial D is an Japanese Animation about touge racers, it gets really in depth about Takumi (main character) and his stuggles and stuff...

Then the made arcade game in japan and brought it here, its getting pretty popular, I sortof hate playing it...I drive like a normal human being while im getting whooped by 9yr old kids redlining and doing some weird shift trick crap...sooo *Censored**Censored**Censored*...
                  Play Battle Gear 2. It may have better a better physics engine than Gran Turismo. The Initial D kids hate it because it's actually realistic.

B-Wurm

Comment

BUT we can all agree on the fact that it's total *Censored**Censored**Censored* to blast initial D music while running canyon so stop doing that. yeah, you otakus know who you are.

hehehehehe...........I like the music though, I was into alot of techno/dance crap, never really heard of eurobeat till Initial D...then it was like wow, but some of the music is pretty weird, even me (the weirdo) is like WTF?!?! POWAA TO ALL WHO BLAST EUROBEAT

Comment

Personally, and I hope no one from the garage reads this, I like Initial D, I have every episode from the first stage up until the end of the 4th stage on my desktop.

Yes, I like the show and yes, I even have a few songs that I like. HAHAHAHA! And YES! For those from the NME Tech Crew, I take a LOT of flack for liking Initial D. Hell, I take a lot of flack for hanging out at the drifting.com threads. Why? Because, I'm the youngest instructor in region 23 and they all think that sites like these, especially in light of recent films, are for kids. I don't know, I see quite a few intellectual people here, and many of them like Initial D as well.

It's because we know what's real and whats not. And everyone has their own reasons for liking ID. Some reasons are even shared amongst people. My personal reasons for liking ID...it reminds me of what it was like when my friends and I used to hang out back in Japan and even before (and slightly after) that time.

I don't know, it's just really fun to watch and I even find myself clenching up and becoming anxious/excited when watching certain scenes.

Do I drive up and down The Hamptons while listening to Space Boy? No, lol, but I'd be lying (and so would anyone at the garage or in the pits) if I said I didn't think about it at least twice. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh well, yeah, that's about it. ID, love it or hate it, it's changed a lot in the realm of the way people think about car clubs, drifting and racing.

Take Care Family,
                      -Dave

Comment

I like it and I am a poser that bases my driving on the anime, but damn is it crazy when I bust a mad gutter run. Def. not the best anime but maybe the best anime about cars

Comment

only anime series i actually bought. it's the greatest.

Comment

The shows alright. Im not all about the seizure enducing techno though. Ive seen all the episodes and it is entertaining. I really dont watch anime so Its strange that I did like this one. As for music.... NME.

Comment

hahaha brainfood, you really do gutter runs X_X That must totally kill your alignment!

Comment

Working...
                              X