DriftFotos.com Turns 3 Years Old Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DriftFotos.com Turns 3 Years Old Today

DriftFotos.com turns 3 years old today and to commemorate the occasion I put together a page with every single home page photo I have had over the years with a little bit of corny commentary.

You can find it on my new blog that can be found here:
    http://driftfotos.blogspot.com/

Its hard to tell which are my favorite photos over the years since I have so many to choose from. But here are a few that might not be the best but each and everyone has a special place in my heart:

Kuroi has always been one of my favorite drivers. Im glad I got to see him drive at D1GP. RIP.

The first time I shot drifting outside of the country was in China. This photo of Ross Petty and a random Chinese guy always made me laugh.

The drift scene in South Africa was lacking but it was still one of the best trips I have ever taken.

Without the support of drivers I don't think my site would have lasted very long. Justin Pawlak and many other drivers supported me in the beginning.

I always liked Nissans. Even before the drift scene. I was very happy to cover the release of the new GT-R for Nissan Sport Magazine.

This Chinese wanna be drifter tackled me and smashed my camera because he didn't win a race. boo hoo.

American drivers going out on a parade of the city.

Mark from FloridaRacing.org getting pelted with S13 tailights at D1GP.

In terms of paint scheme design I'd have to say Tony Angelo takes the cake with his RX-8.

This photo always makes me laugh. Pat looks like hes having so much "FUN"

I never thought 45,000 people would show up to a drift event.

This event had some of the best lighting conditions ever. If only it wasn't raining ash everywhere!

Every big Nissan fan should make at least one trip to the Nismo Festival in their lifetime.

Forest is the only one I know who has a car that corners so hard when drifting he lifts his front wheel off the ground.

This wasn't so much drifting as it was putting on a show for us soaking wet photographers.

It was nice to see Tanner in his element.

Making models jump is not an easy task.

This is definitely one of my favorite shots of all time.

5 drifters one convertible.

I have a feeling open face helmets will be the next big thing.

To another 3 years!

A brief history of DriftFotos / Larry Chen:
    I started out shooting event coverage and writing for FreshAlloy in 2004. It was a prefect fit since I was an avid Nissan Z-car enthusiast and I still actively compete in SCCA solo2 with my 240z. I eventually worked my way into Nissan Sport Magazine and CarDomain. DriftFotos was just a way for me to show my work on a more personal level. Load times were not an issue. Large files are a must because I wanted to provide quality photos for everyone to enjoy and for sponsors to consider using in their advertisements. Today the site is pretty much the same except the addition of a blog. I am still doing what I love with the support of the entire drifting community. I am hoping to take it to the next level with more events and different techniques.

-Larry Chen
    http://www.driftfotos.com

out of all that were posted this one is my favorite!!
    keep up the good work!

Comment

Larry always takes the best pictures and he is even a better person. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Congrats! The composition on this shot is A+...

Comment

Congratulate Driftfotos.com

Comment

Hahaha man good times. I miss the 400 DO.

Larry it's been great shooting with you all these years man. You really continue to improve on your skills from back when you just had an old *Censored**Censored**Censored* Rebel XT to a really exceptional photographer <3

BTW I think that was Verderererers WRX taillight

Originally posted by Checowa View Post

Mark from FloridaRacing.org getting pelted with S13 tailights at D1GP.
            Last edited by markshatchi86; 02-16-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
              Hahaha man good times. I miss the 400 DO.

Larry it's been great shooting with you all these years man. You really continue to improve on your skills from back when you just had an old *Censored**Censored**Censored* Rebel XT to a really exceptional photographer <3

BTW I think that was Verderererers WRX taillight

That means a lot coming from you. I have always looked up to you and your photo skills. I know one thing for sure, I will never get close to your car building skillzzzz

I think you are right about the taillight!

-Larry

Comment

Congrats -- thanks for taking the great photos and more so, thanks for sharing them with the community.

Comment

lots of great footage. Thanks for your excellent work

Comment

keep it coming 2007 til infinity...

one of the best photographers on the scene right now!

Comment

Larry... you rule..and always will.....

follow ur heart and believe your mind. dont get taken advantage of.

Comment

Keep up the good work Larry! I really like your style! The drift scene would not be the same without your pictures!
                        Hubert Young
                        KORE 8 Films

Comment

Happy late birthday driftfotos!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alex View Post
                            out of all that were posted this one is my favorite!!
                            keep up the good work!

X2!!! the soarer looks dope

Comment

Working...
                            X