What is different between Sprinter Trueno and Corolla Levin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is different between Sprinter Trueno and Corolla Levin

I was wondering what are the technical differences between these 2? I noticed visually, with the AE86 series, the Trueno has pop up lights and the Levin has fixed ones but with the AE111 it looks the same so what's the difference between the 2? (In both series).

As far as I know LSD and the engine was different, as for styling, the lights you mentioned, and I think thats all, I've never gotten much of a chance to look over a Levin.

Comment

AE111 is not a RWD. It's a FWD 20v motor from a newer Levin. That's the difference for sure

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20t...erminology.htm

Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 06-11-2004, 07:40 AM.

Comment

thanx ppls,
        how do the engines differ between the 2?

Comment

Wait a minute.. i think you guys are answering the wrong question

The levin and tureno both had the same engine and LSD options, the levins having flat headlights.

Now everything after the AE8 series of tureno/levin/corrolla were FWD... considering the levin and tureno relationship to be similar to the 180sx/Silvia relationship in the AE8 series.

Comment

He was asking the difference between AE86 and AE111.

So I answered. AE111 are FWD. and AE86 are RWD. that's the huge difference.

Engine wise.. AE86 is a 16v engine and AE111 is a 20v engine.

I think you may want to specify your question.

But. I suggest taking a peek @ www.club4ag.com

pretty good stuff when it comes to 86's and levins.

good luck

Comment

Nah man,
              nissan guy is right, soz. I was asking 'bout the diferences between the AE111 Trueno and AE111 Levin, and the AE86 Trueno and AE86 Levin. (not the difference between AE111 and AE86). Soz again for wording it wrong. But thanx for that website u suggested, I'll take a look.

Comment

Well my reading comperhension is very very high...

Comment

I know this may sound hypocritical, but are u on here 24/7? Everytime I post something, u instantly answer. It's not a bad thing, I really appreciate your help, but I'm just curious that's all. (Note. I already know you are a moderator ).

Comment

Originally posted by mugenpower168
                    I know this may sound hypocritical, but are u on here 24/7? Everytime I post something, u instantly answer. It's not a bad thing, I really appreciate your help, but I'm just curious that's all. (Note. I already know you are a moderator ).
                    Actualy i've been gone most of today.. tomorrow too. When im home i a broad band internet connection and yahoo messanger. I am set up to get e-mail alerts on topics im already in. You respond, i get an e-mail alert, yahoo messanger tells me i have an e-mail, it makes a sound, in a mater of minutes i shoot off a reply.

im unemployeed right now so im home alot. Also i just finished school so yeah.. home alot.... And my S13 is broken so no drifting....
                    Last edited by nissanguy_24; 06-11-2004, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Here are all of the specs on all of the Hachi's and Levin.

http://my.tele2.ee/levintrueno/engine/engine.htm

have fun!

Comment

Oh I see,
                        Then how do u get ur money to do up ur car? Oh also a qucik newb question? How do drift rules differ from sumthin like JGTC? I know drift is powerslidin' and stuff but wat happens if u dont powerslide round the corners in drift? Also same goes with normal racing, wat happens if u powerslide the corners? ( like in JGTC or DTM)?

Comment

hmmm if you ever get a chance to watch most of the Option videos that feature Drifting you'll notice that not all corners are drifted......more like certain big/main areas are drifted.....more so i think it would be hard to drift every single corner you run into hahaha. Drifting competition grades on numerous things....but i think for the most part its all about the style/grace and controlling of the drift through the corners and so on......i haven't been in competition yet so i wouldn't really know......D1 and JGTC i believe would have some rules that differ from eachother but yeah nissanguy_24 should know!
                          as far as JGTC and DTM goes I don't think you'll see a lot of powersliding......well at least i haven't seen any yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mugenpower168
                            Oh I see,
                            Then how do u get ur money to do up ur car? Oh also a qucik newb question? How do drift rules differ from sumthin like JGTC? I know drift is powerslidin' and stuff but wat happens if u dont powerslide round the corners in drift? Also same goes with normal racing, wat happens if u powerslide the corners? ( like in JGTC or DTM)?
                            That is both a personal question and a off topic topic question that i will not answer here

Please start another thread

Comment

soz nissan guy, neway, Drifter N thanx 4 the reply. But in drifting, isn't also about winning the race (ie coming 1st place) just like any other car race? Oh I don't get what you wrote in your signature, bout the chinese or sumthin. Could u explain that?
                              Last edited by mugenpower168; 06-11-2004, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X