240SX Electric Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240SX Electric Fan?

So i want to get rid of my clunky mechanical fan, is there a fan from another nissan that i can use, and does anybody know at waht temp the fan should turn on at?

What kind of car you drive, that would help

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
      What kind of car you drive, that would help
      sorry i forgot to list that but you could have guessed it's the one at the bottom of my post.bump
      Last edited by Warped; 01-22-2005, 11:05 PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Flex A Lite Fans

Or if you feel confident with wiring, you can use the fan from a Ford Taurus 3.8L. $20 at the local junkyard, the high setting flows over 3000cfm.

Comment

I can handle the wiring but at what temp should i have it kick in?

Comment

this is what i did, i got some random single 12" fans ( 2 of them) saved about 80 dollars over the combo one, and put them on my radiator(duh).

at firdt i had mine wired threw the ignition and to a fuse in the fuse box. DO NOT DO THAT! if your not paying very close attention you will destroy your motor. the fuses will blow all day long and you will overheat unless you are on the freeway.

i wired them threw a fuse carier( 20 or 25 weight i dont remember) and then to a togle switch in the cabin of my car. from there one is ground and one goes to my battery. i just turn mine on as soon as i start it and leave it running, it takes a while to warm up but its not a big deal.

you can get 2 12" reversible fans off of ebay for about 50 dollars, i would do that because the other brands are a rip off.

MAKE SHURE you wire the fans on puller mode if you plan to have them on the engine side of the radiator(wich i recomend), or if you have them on the bumper side of the radiator pusher. (youn wont be ably to have your fans their if your car has ac).

there was a article a couple issues ago in sport compact car(best mag imo) on how to wire it into a sensor in your lower radiator hose (again if you have ac or you can just buy the stuff) that will automatically turn it on for you at i think 176 or so.

does anyone have the artical they can scan or anything.

good luck and let me know if you have any questions,
              matt

Comment

Thanks alot, sorry about the long response time, i didn't know there was another reply. o looked all over but i can't find the article on how to wire the fan into that sensor. Does anyone have it? or know how it's done?
                Last edited by Warped; 03-18-2005, 08:57 AM.

Comment

look on sport compact car's website

Comment

i found the article it just say's they use the sensor for my a/c fan. ok i'll figure it out from there. thanks guy's.
                    Last edited by Warped; 03-18-2005, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You could always go with a Flex-a-lite Black Magic model 150 or 155. Those fans are GREAT! They are pretty much indestructable. I have used them on both my RX-7's with great results. You have to pay a little more up front, but it's well worth it. Check out www.partsusa.com They have the fan on there. You can also go through www.summitracing.com Best of luck to you.

Zach

Comment

Working...
                      X