Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html

ALS systems explained...

When the driver lifts his foot from the gas pedal the ignition timing is altered with sometimes 40° or more of delay (r-e-t-a-r-d) and the intake air and fuel supply mixture is made richer. The inlet butterfly is kept slightly open or an air injector is used to maintain air supply to the engine. This results in air/fuel mixture that keeps getting in the combustion chambers when the driver no longer accelerates. The ignition being delayed, the air/fuel mixture reaches the exhaust tubes mostly unburned. When the spark plug fires, the exhaust valve is starting to open due to the ignition delay mentioned above. Additionally, the exhaust temperature being extremely high, the unburned fuel explodes at the contact of the exhaust tubes. Luckily the turbo sits right there and the explosion keeps it turning (otherwise it would slow down since its intake, the exhaust gases, is cut-off)

Comment

• haha, I totally missed what he said about it being like JGTC. He was probably referring to a flat-shift system or something, where it cuts the spark when the gearshift lever is pulled.

Either that, or he thinks there is an on-board flame-shooting system to make JGTC cars cool... for his online credibilities sake, lets assume he didn't mean that.

don't worry, I know what an anti-lag system is, how it's applied and it's effect on turbos.

Comment

• ST205, go big or go home man. It's probably one of the best cars I know. So if I had the cash and the resources to get one, yeah. Oh, btw, thats a 6th Gen Toyota Celica jic some of you didn't know, but its awd.

Comment

• Yes! i love this thread.
          Ae86 Levin coupe painted black
          Full Ueo Style suspension arms and body braces
          Kei Office coilovers
          Spot welds and rivets
          Largus sway bars
          Roll cage and chasis stiffening foam
          SR5 non-power steering conversion
          project Mu Stainless steel brake lines and brake pads
          Toda 20v with 4agze ignition system (so you dont need to dent the firewall)
          Griffin Radiator
          Ueo Style pulleys
          Greddy DD exhaust, oil cooler, and oil catch tank
          ORC clutch and super lock LSD
          Wantanabe RS8 15"x7.5 & 15"x8" with
          Vertex aero kit
          Bride seats, Nardi steering wheel, Team tech harnesses, nismo GT shift knob Defi gauges, and a simple lightweight sound system.
          Or this other AE86 i've thinking about, which i'll post in a bit.
          Last edited by driftex; 09-27-2005, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• A 1971 Toyota Carina, with a 3rd gen Mazda RX-7 TT motor, converted to a single T-67 turbo, with a V-mount setup, the motor would have a Monster Bridgeport done to the rotor housings, Stand alone fuel management, a beefed up tranny, rearend. The color of the car would be flat-black, the rims would be some old school watanabe, 18x11 in the rears, and 17x9's up front. Some fatt azz fender flares, the inside would be striped of everything except my TRD seat. I would have a nice 12 point roll cage in it, and i would just tear up the touge!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by Rufio_28532; 09-28-2005, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• here is the other Corolla is was talking about:
              Corolla GT-S trueno
              entire S13 suspension with Kei Office GX coilovers and custom arms, rods, etc. Nismo SSS limited slip diff. spot welded chassis. Stock 20V with intake and exhaust. Light weight interior parts (light sound dampening, carpet, etc.) Removed rear seats, front Recaro SRD seats, sabelt driver harness, momo monte carlo steering wheel, nismo GT shift knob, and a Defi link display.
              painted red with SSR mesh rims, and a j-blood body kit with wide fenders and light weight hatch.
              Last edited by driftex; 09-28-2005, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• Lotus Elise, Hardtop.

I'd put a 5-point harness in it so it counts as "a mod."

The own teh touge.

Comment

• I know this is out the price range, but I would just get a Formula One car and call it a day

Comment

• Well if were talking about no budget, then i would take the Suzuki Escudo,

If close to the budget, then i would take the Lotus Exige, with built NA 2 liter.

Comment

• cappuccino!!! make that sucker put down 100whp and away you go

Comment

• Originally posted by RED350z
                        Well if were talking about no budget, then i would take the Suzuki Escudo,

If close to the budget, then i would take the Lotus Exige, with built NA 2 liter.
                        YOu've been playing too much GT3. You should come into reality some time.

The Escudo is nothig more than a Suzuki Vitara or whatever. so go pick one up for a few thousand bucks and go mod it for touge.

Comment

• Originally posted by aristo
                          YOu've been playing too much GT3. You should come into reality some time.

The Escudo is nothig more than a Suzuki Vitara or whatever. so go pick one up for a few thousand bucks and go mod it for touge.

Thats funny, especially since i havent ever played GT-3, and the Escudo actually has 2 engines and is insanely fast, when its made to do the Pikes Peak hillclimb - its got to be fast. but like i said thats if i had unlimited funds, with will probably never happen, so dont ruin my dreams man!

Comment

• Leave the guy alone

Comment

• Suzuki Escudo = Grand Vitara

Comment

• Originally posted by RED350z
                                Thats funny, especially since i havent ever played GT-3, and the Escudo actually has 2 engines and is insanely fast, when its made to do the Pikes Peak hillclimb - its got to be fast. but like i said thats if i had unlimited funds, with will probably never happen, so dont ruin my dreams man!
                                Only when it's made to do the pikes peak hillclimb which is unpaved. There's a twin engine tiburon but that doesn't mean all tiburons are teh rox.

My car is like 8 engines and two transmissions, but maybe it doesn't have any at all for weight reduction.

Comment

Working...
                                X