No announcement yet.

Street Legal Jdm Cars Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing that I am aware of. ....kind of sucks for you fellers. Most gear heads can't afford a legit GTR or Silvia anyway so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Comment

well once you have the money for a skyline, some people would rather buy somethin else

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrift
        ...as far as d.o.t approval it only has to be approved in our state since thats where it will be titled from now saying that you will get a title with your car that is registered to D-stage as a company and when you get that you can take it to your dmv and transfer it to your name. thats why i mentioned the title transfer earlier.
        and yes once the vehicle has passed approval here and has its VIN and title we ship the car to your door..
        This doesn't make sense. DOT approval is on a FEDERAL level. The DOT does not make approvals on a "per state" basis. Titles are issued on a state level...therefore the DOT and STATE are two totally seperate items. They are not related as much as you are implying.

Since you mentioned that the vehicle will be registered to D-stage...what will D-stage be listed as on the title? The registered owner or the lienholder? If D-stage is the registered owner,...how is the customer guaranteed delivery of "their" vehicle? If D-stage is the lienholder,...how is the customer guaranteed ownership of their vehicle? After all...if D-state is listed as registered owner...they own the car. If D-stage is listed as lienholder...they have a security interest in the vehicle. Both of these situations put D-stage ahead of the "customer". What PROTECTION does the customer have...if D-state were to take the vehicle? (I'm not saying that D-stage will do this...just a scenario)

now if you likve in california we really have no way of guaranting its going to pass emissions because of the foresaid reason. all we can do is double cat the exhaust..
        So you arbitrarily just add an extra cat on a vehicle HOPING that it will pass emissions?

so when i say "street legal and d.o.t approved" i mean that it has a working title and VIN number. so if you are pulled over you dont have to worry about your vehicle being taken away.
        ive been pulled over in mine twice already.
        and yes the d.o.t is federal but each state has its own regulations for titleing.
        DOT approved means that it has passed the DOT's guidelines for vehicle importation. Given that...let me repeat myself, as I don't think you heard me the first time.

Vehicle Importation Guidelines
        http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...t05282004.html

What Vehicles Can Be Imported
        http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...LIG071404.html
        If it isn't on this list, it can be PETITIONED to be on this list.

List of Registered Importers. These companies are the ones who will be doing the actual importing.
        http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...t07142004.html

The Gloria and your Silvia are not listed on the list of vehicles able to be imported. So it is NOT "Street Legal" nor "DOT Approved".

Just to let you know...I'm familiar w/ the vehicle importation laws. I'm also familiar w/ DMV paperwork...as my previous job dealt w/ processing DMV paperwork for collateral in situations such as loans.

I also happen to know a few people (and/or associated) w/ Team Velocity (the website you list in your signature). I can figure out who you are.

Again, please respond to my comments. I see some people are agreeing w/ my view on the situation.

Comment

I know some of you guys have an understanding of what it takes to legalize cars.

It is just sad to see fellow car enthusiasts try to take advantage of other car enthusiasts. These guys are the ones who get f0cked in the end, as they have no idea what may be legally required...because they believe the lies that are fed to them. They end up losing the most in the end. In the end,...they have no car...and no money...

I've seen this happen on a number of forums. It got to the point where I was sick of it.

Comment

ok dom lee you need to stop assumimng that we are trying to take advantage of anyone.
            i dont care if you "figure out" who i am my name is Eric Dillon from velocity racing team indianapolis chapter.
            yes i was associated with works yamaguchi and if you go into most of the normal forums youll see where i pulled out of works yamaguchi due to ryan stevens screwing over his friends and customers, which since then i have done whatever i could to make it right with them.
            so to call me shady is completely wrong, i know what its like to be screwed and ill be the last one to do it to someone else.
            and as far as taking a title from a 240 or whatever it might be we dont do that at all.
            thats the same as running a chop shop.
            again ill say it these are brand new issued titles. we have a nissan pulsar gti r and it says nissan pulsar gtir on the title we also have an s14 silvia that says silvia on the title. i even have silvia on my vanity plate .
            dom lee you seem like a very smart guy and youve done alot of research. im not arguing that. but still the fact remains that the cars we sell are street legal and yes d.o.t approved. they check everything to make sure they pas d.o.t approval
            it costs us out the *Censored**Censored**Censored* to make sure they pass whether its replacing bumper supports, wind screens headlights whatever. but we make sure they pass. so if you dont want one thats fine, dont buy one . and ill be glad to answer questions but im not going to respond to attacks.

Comment

oh and to reply to to the titling , its titled to d-stage as owner but can be signed to anyone.
              just as if i were to sell a car as myself Eric Dillon would still be on that title as owner until you get it registered.
              were not trying to screw anyone or be above our customers . its just a precaution for insurance as on e and for 2 it has to be assigned to someone at the time of titling.
              like i said before i have been screwerd by car dealers from japan .
              i had an r33 that" couldnt make it through customs" and i lost 20 grand.
              i know how bad that sux thats why i figured out a way to do it and do it legally.
              so like i said before if you want one great we would be glad to work with you if not thats cool aswell.
              but we have our container full now so we wont be taking anymore orders for this container but if anyone need cars engines etc send us an e mail .jdm_cars01@yahoo.com
              thank you drifting.com for your help.

Comment

Hmmm JDM, you have to understand were DomLee is coming from. You have almost no posts on here and a very limited reputation. Same for him but he seems to know the ropes. As for gettin screwed over by 20g's for a R33, srry to hear that. To hear you came up with a way to import legally, congrats. Still I would like to at least see a website, other customer opinions, pictures, proof of the car being here and that it passed inspection, and the checklist of all the state officials you had to bribe (just kidding). If you can answer those than I will have no doubt that you talk the talk and back it up. Thanks, Good Day.

Comment

Hello Eric. My name is Dominic. Please to meet you. Unless your name is Jordan...
                  What exactly are you wanting to be quoted? Ive got a big list in front of me. Send me an email at JDM_Cars01@yahoo.com

Jordan
                  I have NEVER said that YOU were out to take advantage of people. Quote me. What I CLEARLY said was that I've encountered situations in the past where there were companies scamming people.

I have NEVER said that YOU were ripping people off. I questioned what you said. I qouted you directly. I asked you questions. The ONLY thing that you have done is say that you are not out to take advantage of people and that you claim that your cars are street legal and DOT approved. This despite the fact that I provided a list of cars from which the NHTSA/DOT says are DOT approved vehicles. Show me where the Silvia and the Pulsar are on that list. IF a vehicle is not on that list, you must PETITION for it to be allowed into the US. The Silvia still would not qualify.

Given that you say you fell victim to an importer who claimed to be able to get you a R33. Sorry. Do you know why the R33 couldn't get out of Customs?

I never said that you were a chop shop (VIN swapping, etc.). That method was mentioned by another forum member.

You say that it costs you a lot of money to ensure that cars pass, by adding "bumper supports, wind screens headlights whatever. but we make sure they pass."...why do you need to add bumper supports for a Silvia (I'm using your car as an example. After all, it is street legal and DOT approved)? The Silvia is similar to the 240sx BUT it isn't allowed into the US. So, why are you adding bumper supports to a car (a Silvia) that isn't allowed on NHTSA's list of allowable vehicles? The crash test data is for a Nissan 240sx, not a Silvia. This data cannot be "borrowed" between like models. So why add bumper supports to a car w/ no known crash test data?

I'm in no way attacking you. Just mentioning the things that I clearly see...and questions that I have based on what you say. I quote you. I break down your sentences. But it is all based on what you say.
                  Last edited by DomLee; 01-28-2005, 01:53 PM.

Comment

The R34 ended production in 2002.

Comment

Dominic, I appologize. Im Erics Business partner Jordan, i dont have a s/n on here and was just on his. Sorry for the mix up.

Website is being built as we speak and should be up very soon.
                      Once we do get some feedback from our current customers i would be more then happy to show pics and what they have to say about everything.

I do understand that were still unknow to most people on this forum and i dont blame you guys for protecting yourselves and others on here.

If anyone has questions id rather them be directed twords our e-mail so that we can get everything taken care of professionally.

Thank you guys for your time and patience, i hope to be doing business with you.

Jordan
                      DarkStar/D-Stage

Comment

Reason why they are asking it here is so that everyone knows the deal,
                        rather than everyone asking countless emails and waiting for replys, just checking previous posts will make ease the process for everyone and anyone.

Comment

Hey JDM, thanks for the info though and the heads up on the information you have given us. Dom might want alot of proof but its understandable. When dealing business for a car at 20k + you cant be too cautious, after all its money, not nails. Well I hope your business succedes, its good that you guys are making your presenece though. Good Day.

PS- Dom, take it easy 'bre'!

Comment

I was the one who mentioned the chop shop method. Sorry if that offends you, but any process which circumvents USDOT and NHTSA regulations to get cars imported, titled, and registered is basically a chop shop - of little to no legal validity, and therefore, no legal protection to any dupes...er.....buyers.

For the people who didn't bother to click the links, here's some highlights:

"Under 49 U.S.C. § 30112(a), a person may not import into the United States a motor vehicle manufactured after the date that an applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standard (FMVSS) takes effect unless the vehicle complies with the standard and is so certified by its original manufacturer."

"Under one of the exceptions to this prohibition, found in 49 U.S.C. § 30141, a motor vehicle that was not originally manufactured to comply with all applicable FMVSS can be lawfully imported into the United States, provided it is determined eligible for importation by NHTSA, and is imported by a registered importer, or by a person who has a contract with a registered importer to bring the vehicle into compliance with all applicable FMVSS following importation."

"Vehicles that have been determined eligible for importation are assigned a vehicle eligibility number. All eligibility numbers are for left-hand drive motor vehicles except where right-hand drive (RHD) is identified after the model. While there is no specific restriction on importing a right-hand drive vehicle, these may not be imported under eligibility decisions based on the existence of substantially similar U.S.- certified left-hand drive vehicles. Our experience has shown that the safety performance of right-hand drive vehicles is not necessarily the same as that of apparently similar left-hand drive vehicles offered for sale in this country. However, we will consider the vehicles "substantially similar" if the manufacturer advises us that the right-hand drive vehicle would perform the same as the U.S.-certified left-hand drive vehicle in dynamic crash tests. Absent such a showing, the RI would have to demonstrate (through a petition) that the vehicle, when modified, would comply with all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards, including those for which dynamic crash testing is prescribed.

Note in the blurbs posted that one thing is very clear. The only legal avenue of importation is through the Federal government - DOT, EPA, NHTSA. Anything else is just shady. Sorry to bust anyone's balls, but I didn't make the rules, they did.

I won't duplicate the list of eligible cars, but if you care to look at them, 95% of them are variants of US legal cars in the first place. Why would people bother bringing in cars they could get in the states anyhow? Lots of reasons. US servicepeople, for one. People living overseas on business coming home. Bringin in versions of cars which were sold here in very small volumes (Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc). It's the same as when I see people with Hawaii plates driving around on the mainland.

Now, to be fair, this list is not all inclusive. There is another list of cars eligible to be imported. NHTSA maintains a tiny list of vehicles that can be legally imported, provided they meet a standard of "historical signifigance" and less then 500 units were produced. There are usually stringent restrictions on how/when/if you can ever resell the vehicle, how many miles per year it can be operated, etc. This is how Porsche 959s, for instance, which, you will notice, are not on the list of eligible cars, are legalized. Currently, the list is very small, if memory serves - Porsche 959S, the rally version of the Puegot 205, McLaren F1, two or three others. There was a guy trying to get the Series II Mazda Cosmo (369 produced) in under these rules.

Vehicles are held up at customs until the Registered Importer can supply the appropriate paperwork that proves the vehicle has been cleared by the EPA and DOT. No paperwork, no car. It will sit in customs (think Bill Gates and Paul Allen's Porsche 959s which were held up for years) come hell or high water. So if the cars in the container are truly legal, a quick scan or photo of the correct documents will be easy do to to put people's concerns at rest. Otherwise, it's a chop shop, and caveat emptor applies as well here as anywhere else.

Comment

oh and to reply to to the titling , its titled to d-stage as owner...
                              I rest my case. It CAN NOT be titled to just ANYONE!

Comment

Well if a car is held in customs till it is clear to be registered how does http://www.autoconxion.com/ bring over s15's? or is it different if you are not planning on registering the car and its for track use only?

Comment

Working...
                                X