ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Moderators (Weapon X and P1STON2ROTARY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Moderators (Weapon X and P1STON2ROTARY)

Please welcome our new moderators Weapon X and P1STON2ROTARY.

Also, this is a reminder about the forum rules:

1-Discussions must be focused on drifting.
    2-Forum members must be respectful.
    3-Posts cannot promote illegal activity.

Why?

1-Focused on Drifting:
    -An unfocused forum will turn away serious members who only want information about drifting and it will deter industry support for site content.

2-Respectful Behavior:
    -Respect among members helps prevent unnecessary arguments on the forum.

3-Do Not Promote Illegal Activity:
    -Promoting illegal activity attracts unwanted attention to the forum and individual members. We demand that you keep this off the forum.

Promoting Illegal Activity (Examples and Some Definitions)
    -Posting Specific or Coded Locations
    -Discussing illegal racing or runs on the forum
    (NOTE: We are serious about this rule and will take action WITHOUT WARNING or EXPLANATION)

DRIFTING.com (FAQ Sheet)
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2101
    Last edited by Admin2; 05-13-2004, 02:30 AM.

welcome moderators...your presence is highly apreciated

Comment

yeah my moderatorship consideration got thrown out when pita bread deleted my account. =|

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
        yeah my moderatorship consideration got thrown out when pita bread deleted my account. =|

Descisions like that are made by all the moderators agreeing, no one person "deleted your account"

Comment

so your telling me you agreed?? i am appalled...

Comment

There was a vote. We dont release details. PM me if you want a further explanation.

Comment

Goodluck at keeping this place in good working order

Comment

i wanna be a mod

NISSANGUY LOL......

Comment

Originally posted by nedinic
                  i wanna be a mod

NISSANGUY LOL......
                  lol what??

Comment

remember we were talking about me being a mod as a joke lol
                    nvm.

Comment

how do u become a moderator? is there like a secret passage or handshake...jk... is it voted on?

Comment

usually u become a mod by helping people out and answering people questions (and not in a spiteful way)

Comment

There isnt some specific thing. But the guys i recommended for Moderation (we needed some on top of the fact Ghost and DX left, we actualy needed some more before that) Are friendly indipendent minded people. They help guys out who have questions, They dont cause problems. They are all around nice guys. We needed some mods quick after DX and Ghost left so i suggested some guys i knew from AIM and the chats as well as here. People who i knew if we gave mod powers they would use them sparringly and respectfully, so we could put them on job (so to speak) as quickly as possible.

Even if they werent the most active members in the world. Also mods need to be online alot, on AIM alot. Some of the great members on here are very busy individuals.

No fear though because if they have problems/sugestions/cirtisisms ect... they need only bring them up, i know for a fact i am always for listening to sugestions and stuff, I just want the site to get better. And though you guys dont see them often I know the Administrators are also willing to listen to those things.

People who report post, Who help newbs, and olds alike, who are online alot are the ones considered for moderation.

I know each mod has his own philosiphy when it comes to running things. But i look at the position as an embassidor ship. I feel like i am the average users repersentation when it comes to dealing with our busy Admins. Trust me they would love to talk to most members but they are truely busy people. So they talk to me. I talk to you guys. You guys talk to me, I talk to them.

As my post count shows i use this site alot. I only want it to get better.

Anyways thats the stuff it takes to be a mod. Nothing special. And theres alot of great people who just arent on enough to be mods. So dont feel bad.

Also final descisions like anything are made by the Admins, but they listen closely to other mods and users when making those descisions.

Comment

thanks for letting me know

Comment

Whoo hoo, good job cordes.

Comment

Working...
                              X