ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DRIFT TRUCK" Im gonna Do It!!! Goods and Bads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been keeping up unfortunately due to work.

Justin, does your radio show have a pod cast of any sort? Just curious, 'cause I have no way of catching it out here on the west coast.

You should set up a blog or something for your build. If you do, I'll link it up on my site.

Comment

• Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
      Haven't been keeping up unfortunately due to work.

Justin, does your radio show have a pod cast of any sort? Just curious, 'cause I have no way of catching it out here on the west coast.

You should set up a blog or something for your build. If you do, I'll link it up on my site.
      No pod cast yet, but if you do get a chance, you can listen in on 1340whap.com. I plan on having a site soon for Motor Radio for after hours stuff like videos of the truck, the builds, and other stuff.

Speaking of the truck, I'm going to have to bust some arse and get building. I want to have it done for the qualifying event at HIN and for the two east (well, more eastern) coast D1 events. I keep wondering how the Japanese drivers will react to seeing some that looks like it would be more at home at the desert than just drifting.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Edgar View Post
          Heh, nice!

Comment

• Some dude at Carlisle was killing it in a crew cab ford ranger last week. It was hillarious. The thing was as long as a limo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
              Some dude at Carlisle was killing it in a crew cab ford ranger last week. It was hillarious. The thing was as long as a limo.
              Crew Cab Ranger? The only thing close to that was the Explorer Sport Track. Ford Aus. had crew cab Rangers, but we didn't.

Comment

• I'm almost positive it was a ranger, though I was pretty wasted all day. Maybe it was just an extended cab. When I charge the batteries for my camera I'll check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
                  I'm almost positive it was a ranger, though I was pretty wasted all day. Maybe it was just an extended cab. When I charge the batteries for my camera I'll check.
                  Ok, could be a custom, too. Who knows.

Comment

• I got my facts a little screwy, the juice scatters my brain sometimes. The ranger was just extended cab, the full size truck was crew cab. I think the guy in the full size actually managed to connect a couple turns but the kid in the ranger was just on point all day. He tagged that barrel in the last pic and it went flying right at the people standing there and they all scattered. He put on a good show for sure.

Comment

• Looking like my truck idea isn't as rare as I thought. Good thing I'm building it as a "Drift-Runner."

Comment

• Bumper rendering!

Comment

• Dumb@$$&*!

Big news coming, but first, a come to dumbass moment.

As you know I have the Megasquirt built and modified to use Ford EDIS-4. Followed the plans, then a few weeks later tried to flash the new firmware. First mistake was trying to use a 9V Battery because the Stimulator does. Well, that works for the Stimulator, but not when just working with the MS. So, after trying to build a 12V battery pack, I just used a car battery. Great, now I have enough juice, but still couldn't flash it. I would run Port Check and two ports would come up. Moving the tuning cable helped find the right port to use (or rather which number not to use).

Well, tried to flash it again, no go. After trying another port, I then tried flashing with the MS unattached to my computer. Same error, (the "expected this but got '""' error) meaning the MS wasn't receiving power. WTF? I started to panic then get ticked off as I started thinking "CRAP, I JUST KILLED IT!" Went up to the house, got some sleep, this morning got up and read some trouble shooting instructions. "Diodes could be backward" read one of the thoughts, so I figured I did that. Went to work and started thinking of plan B. Every time I thought up plan B, I kept thinking, "come on, you don't need a plan B if you haven't done all of plan A!"

After getting done with Brent and Redbeard: UNLEASHED on 1340whap.com, I get home and start looking at the diodes, they're all correct. CRAP! Read through the EDIS mod instructions, get to adding a wire from the bottom of Resistor 10 to the... "NO! I didn't," I thought! The instructions read "Fit wire between bottom of R10 and right of D9 (banded side)," you take a guess (yeah, unbanded side). So much for following directions! Gah, all the worry over nothing! Or so I thought, after fixing the wire I try flashing again, but as a check I run Port Check. Sees it, as it's supposed to, but when I tried flashing, still wouldn't do it. COME ON, why is this thing being so stubborn?

Then a thought hits me, "My Boot jumper wire, what if it's too small? The holes are pretty big." So, I go back to my old mechanic self and grabbed a paper clip, cut it, then flashed one more time. It counted to 1750 lines! It worked! Ran Port Check and all is well with the world!

Proves, never give up on plan A so quick and be more stubborn than the equipment!

Now, on with the big news!

Local NAPA Parts Dealer and Psycho Drifting Team Up

Exclusively through Powers NAPA Auto Parts of Petersburg, VA and Psycho Racing's Drifting Driver, Justin Banner, also of Petersburg, VA, bring you one more way to get quality parts at inexpensive prices! When you come in to your Powers NAPA Auto Parts stores (25811 Cox Rd or 201 N Market St) and mention "DRIFT27," you will receive a discount on parts and items not already on sale.

Thanks to the partnership of Psycho Racing's, Justin Banner and Powers NAPA Auto Parts, the quality of NAPA Parts, and the demand of OEM or better quality parts, you can "GET THE GOOD STUFFtm" at great prices!

"NAPA, GET THE GOOD STUFFtm"

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRoadster View Post
                            i think a F150 is too big... the ranger may work, but on the topic of american trucks the S-10 would be the best choice... there have been a few cases were people have put IRS systems from an RX7 in the s10... and a V8 swap aint hard tah do in the s10

do they have any sick mini-trucks in Japan, that we dont have? cause ill probably start this project when i go there in sept.
                            yeah, the 2000 Toyota Tacoma is a small pickup truck

Comment

• Originally posted by Import Guy View Post
                              yeah, the 2000 Toyota Tacoma is a small pickup truck
                              Wow, coming in a little late, huh?

Comment

• Hey whats up guys and gals, new to this forum but have the same plans for my future. I and my wife have been kicking the idea around for a year or so and have finally started the build. I have a 1990 single cab D21 with a z24 in it. I will be posting pics as the build goes on but I have seen trucks keep the overall factory bed in tact but with link suspension. I am thinking of running a 4 link with weighted frame plugs mounted throughout the rear section of frame by boxing in the remaining sections of what will be left of the frame around the c-notch, and run coilovers with lots of adjusting capabilities. I will build the rollcage throughout the whole truck ending just outside the rear of the cab. My biggest hurdle right now is deciding which powerplant to run. First thoughts were to get a VG30DET from a mid 90's 300zx used and run twin turbo's, Or I might stay with the current motor and go with a Turbo setup I have seen at a couple places for it. I have family that is big into drag racing and have lots of resources for engine modifications and fab. I think if we were to get enough people to follow along Drifting Hardbodies will blow up pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X