Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going "pro" is figurative I guess, I think if you compete well in your series you should give one of theFD events a try, you might suprise yourself. I don't consider us PROS yet... When you make your sole income off of drifting, then I would say you are a pro. I don't think there is anyone in the US doing that currently, so thats what I mean when I call us "so called pros" cause I am definatley not making my whole living off this. So go out there and have fun and compete. That is the main reason we still do this is "fun". As soon as this stops being fun, I'm out...So stay focused on the fun and you will do very well.

just my thoughts
    Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

• Originally posted by vigvoodoo
      After reading through a lot of the posts, yet again, I think that a lot of you are scared that drifting will become a fad and disapear. And well... when a fad goes away it's not cool to still be a part of the fad. So, that brings me to the conclusion that a lot of you are in it because it's cool or new (yes, it's new to the majority of Americans). There's only one thing I can say and that is: "Going sideways on the verge of crashing at insane speeds is HELLA FUN!!! Cool or not."

Perfect!! Well put!! I applaud you!!

Okay I've posted enough, I'll shut up now, its what good politicians do...Good night everyone I'm going to bed..

PS thats my wife in the picture... So am I objectifying her?:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RyanHampton; 08-12-2004, 08:19 PM.
      Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

• thanks. i already have to tell myself at every event to just have fun. the only time i haven't placed in the top 3 was when i went out there for the points, and wasn't at all interested in the fun of it. it's always good to remember why you started doing things in the first place. well... I'll see you in person next year, Ryan. maybe eventually we'll be running side-by-side. even then, I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanHampton
          Hey guys,

Here is my new campaign poster,

Sorry to go off topic it needs a little humor.....I think i will start an off topic poll, also ghost, I need a campaign manager, interested? You look like the best candidate...
          I hope that's your wife because I'm not electing another Bill Clinton into office

EDIT: DOH I didn't read... That's your wife...

Staying off topic... How about me for vice Ryan?

I like girls too...

Matt.
          Last edited by Craftsman; 08-12-2004, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vigvoodoo
            After reading through a lot of the posts, yet again, I think that a lot of you are scared that drifting will become a fad and disapear. And well... when a fad goes away it's not cool to still be a part of the fad. So, that brings me to the conclusion that a lot of you are in it because it's cool or new (yes, it's new to the majority of Americans). There's only one thing I can say and that is: "Going sideways on the verge of crashing at insane speeds is HELLA FUN!!! Cool or not."

Even, and if, drifting ever becomes a long gone fad I will still be out there in some empty parking lot bathed in moonlight battling my thoughest opponent , myself, on my mechanical beast. That, to me, is the best part of all.
            I'm just going to assume this post is directed at me (but I know it is). So I'll say this:
            I've been interested in drifting for something like 5 years now. When I heard drifting was coming to America I was excited because I had trouble finding anything about it before, in English anyways. I only said things on here because I care... and maybe I'm a bit opinionated. But who am I to call the shots? It's not like I'm the CEO of American motorsport trends. I really do want drifting to grow in America, but it needs to do so correctly to sustain any kind of life. I'm sorry if I pissed anyone off.
            And by the way, good luck with your wife. I hope I can get that lucky.

Gaaaaw! I need to shut up now.

Comment

• It was directed at no one, I just wanted to say that no matter what happens drifting will still be drifting. If you truely like drifting nothing can change that. As for the direction Formula D is heading, It really doesn't matter to me nor does it affect me. Ofcourse if I dont like it then I don't like it, if I like it I like it, either way drifting is for me.

Comment

• Okay...

We've beat this one to death. Consider this one... CLOSED for good.

Comment

Working...
                X