Why on Earth a VIPER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by noobster
    there are 3000+ vipers built a year. the viper comp coupe is listed as a trim level of the production viper. this gives it the production run it needs to qualify.

BY THE WAY, before everyone starts hatin on the viper cuz its hella expensive...LETS NOT FORGET that the Pontiac GTO that Rhys drifts is WAY more expensive than the Viper in competition form. production yes, less expensive. competitively though, the GTO is way more expensive.

and if ur concerned about sponsorships, than more ppl should be hatin on the GTO. GM gives that program tons more than the mopar deal from what i heard.

Very correct. The operating budget for Sam's deal is way weak in comparison to the Pontiac GTO deal. It's like peanuts. But, suppose it's appropriate since there isn't much to change on the VCC, where as the BTCC-style preped GTO is pushing the new frontier.

And there are deals in the pipeline that will make Rhy's sponsored budget look like peanuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
      Very correct. The operating budget for Sam's deal is way weak in comparison to the Pontiac GTO deal. It's like peanuts. But, suppose it's appropriate since there isn't much to change on the VCC, where as the BTCC-style preped GTO is pushing the new frontier.

And there are deals in the pipeline that will make Rhy's sponsored budget look like peanuts.

really? who else is coming in to the mix??? please tell!!! haha

Comment

• Hey, I'll be honest here, I know #&$% about drifting. That's why I'm going to buy a S13 and start toying around with it. Heck you guys will see me next year in drift events

Anyways, Factory sponsered cars are cool, but they quickly get played out. Did you guys ever go up and try to talk to Samuel? He's an arogant Jerk. Just considers the rest of us Ricers... WTH?

Anyways, GTO is cool with me, I think that's a perfect car for drifting. I think we need more American Muscle FR cars. Viper isn't a car though, it's an exotic. I'm sure a well off drifter could afford a GTO, but the $%^*ing Viper is 2 times as much as the GTO...

Get my drift? Anyways, hopefully I'll get a S13 soon and be competing against you Cali n00bz

BTW, the figures of Sponsership are not disclosed by either companies... Plus Viper has an UnGodly amount of Horsepower compared to all the cars on the field. Viper is a Racecar not a street car. The GTO has about $25,000 worth of modifications on it from what I understand. It prolly costed more, but Rhys was saying that he could replicate it for 10 - 25 K...

Matt.
        Last edited by Craftsman; 06-14-2004, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• This is really far fetched, but what if Ken Gushi's forfet was not do to mech failure, but in protest of the non-street legal factory race car. I know I would in his shoes.

Comment

• hey matt...cool, good luck with your S13.

by the way, the Rhys GTO makes 560hp to the rear wheels. Viper makes 520whp.

sorry, as you can prolly tell, i like the viper but i actually cheer for gushi cuz i think the kid is amazing. even still, i like to keep the facts straight.

a good thing to remember is that horsepower does not win in drifting. driver skill does. also, the GTO and Viper weigh considerably more than all the other vehicles competing which make them more diff to drive in my opinion. the viper being the heaviest at about 3100lbs. yikes.

as far as samuel, never met him. but he gave one of my friends a tire in atlanta and signed it...thought that was kewl.

Comment

• I've been in a group conversation with Sammuel before. Didn't get that vibe from him.

Comment

• viper cc
                Curb Weight: 2995 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                  viper cc
                  Curb Weight: 2995 lbs
                  add driver

Comment

• Why would someone incorporate the weight of a driver into the curb weight of the car?

Comment

• He's not incorporating it,he's just saying after you add in the weight of the driver,the car knocks over 3000lbs.Compared to the lighter cars like the 86 and S13,that's at least 400+lbs more.

Comment

• drifting will probably get into different leagues or types of drifting as it grows larger. Different classes for power and such tracks changing depending on the cars being used.

Also isn't sammuel swedish, its just ghost of duluth said way earlier it was good to see an all american drifting team or something like that.

Comment

• How about Swedish bikini drift team? (anyone remember those commercials from the '90s? )

Comment

• Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                            This is really far fetched, but what if Ken Gushi's forfet was not do to mech failure, but in protest of the non-street legal factory race car. I know I would in his shoes.
                            very far fetched. The Gush wouldnt do that. He broke multiple axles that day. So did a few people. The Falken crew was able to knock one out in about 12 minutes on Saturday afternoon during qualifying.

There was a dip/bump at the end of the beginning straight that everyone started their drift on. It was kinda nasty and sent lots of sparks from most cars. I think this dip is what caused all the axle loss at this event.

Comment

• I say they just include one more rule:

all suspension points must be located to the chassis at the stock positions.

all of a sudden, tube-frame cars are banned, and perfect/wildly expensive suspension is not legal either. Also, throw in another rule:

all cars must weigh at least 85% their stock weight.

Now semi-tube-frame cars are not really needed.

Comment

• Those rules would hurt everyone else but the Viper.

Comment

Working...
                                X