Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

redline tv suck, the host sucked(such a fake, she a model!!), that craig guy dam someone needs to beat him up..he's sooo annoying....and that slogan of magnaflow..."Catch our Drift?" that's so g-ay and annoying now...i bet anyone 5 bucks that we'll hear more dumbos tryin to drift....i give the show about a month before we all get to hear CANCELLED!!! I hope they dont even try to show Touge..at least the didnt show the Drift King cuz that would really kill his reputation...."Catch our Drift?" dam they killed that!!!
    Last edited by FD3S_pilot; 07-05-2004, 11:53 PM.

Comment

To Redline and the good folks at Spike TV

Now i have not seen this show yet. I hope to catch it next week. Some of the things i heard were talking about the music and strange camera angles and effects added. I have to say, this is not what we want in a car show.

Now i know it seems like a cool idea. but heres a good example. ON Spike TV there was a show called "Super 2ner TV" not a bad show really. The host were abit annoying. i mean they seemed genuin but they were the Emenem looking white guys into rap and stuff type. Thats fine... but not my cup of tea. so no biggie, but they had an Episode where they showed a pair of Nissan Skyline. Now its very rare that we get to see skylines on American TV, so i was very excited. And they had good technical information on the skylines and the host knew what they were talking about but the camera angles and effects were awfull. There was never a straight shot of the skyline that lasted more then a single second. Everything was a fast pan, or a split screen or the screen would go into four parts, each of a different angle then it would go negative image. All this stuff. Honestly after a 5 minute segment on the R32 i couldnt tell you if the body was stock or what kind of wheels or brakes it was running because they never showed a solid picture. All we really needed was a solid shot for 30 or 40 seconds. Now i know you think us "kids" and our "Mtv" makes us not able to concentrate on anything not moving.

However, How many of those kids buy serious performance products? and how many serious enthusiest do.. Okay then.. Yeah 10 kids might buy 10 fast and the furious seat covers, but 1 enthusiest may plop down 3500 dollars for a turbo kit.

After Super 2ner TV went off Horse power tv went on. Old school domestic show, but entertaining. They showed there feature car with one long 30 second shot of the car. Then a few long shots like that of the interior and the wheels and the rear. Very nice, i saw more of the charger or wahtever it was ( i dont recall) then my beloved skyline.

Also about the hostest, like i said i didnt see, but i hear she was dressed in a miniskirt or something sexy, thats fine, i like girls, but you know what, Drifters are not just about that, we see our sexy girls as equals not just models, stick her in a racing suit or a team uniform or a nismo tshirt and jeans next time! now thats sex appeal!

Remember drifting is the most exciting motorsports ever, it doesnt need blind and jazz to spice it up! just show us raw footage of the cars, excellent video of the best duels and leave the special effects at home! that will a drifting show i will love. I hope the producers of Redline tv read this and take my kind words into consideration when they work on there next few episodes!

Thank you for listening....

- Nissanguy

Comment

They actually lost the excitment of drifting with the camera and editing work, and the lack of roaring sr20's and 4ag's

Comment

i agree with nissanguy bout the girels thing, anyone who went to DD17 can remember the stret fury guy, watch drift society vol. 1 to see what im talking about.

Comment

WoW maybe Nissanguy should be the host on redline cuz not only will he set things right but we'll know that he's knows whats he talking about and that his one of us!!!

Comment

leave it to Nissanguy to bring some sanity to our posts, haha

Comment

if anything, well i cant say that it was the best show ever but its a start to something. you guys have to remmber that they cant just come out with a drifting show by it self, but they are trying to push drifting in to the public. Well the host needs to go but all the stuff she said was actually good. Remember that there are many other import sports and markets out there that would like to get on TV also. to me its a start for the import market and drifting together and it should turn out ok

well if you ever see the other shows on TV, they are all stupid in a way if you already know whats going on, but to the new peps that are just getting in to it, its really good for the public
                DRIVE SAFE ANDY YEN SWING Battle

Comment

As much as I know you guys would love to see a hardcore drifter host the show, you need to remember that sex sells, and a show is looking for ratings. People from outside the drifting world will watch. I've already read on other forums outside the automotive industry that they watched soley because of the hostess, not because of the drifting and cars. They said they could care less about that part. Maybe in 2 years when it gets even more popular they won't need it, but right now eye candy works and sponsors and production teams know this.

Give Courtney and the show a few more episodes and I think you may warm up to it.

By the way, I am sure the producers and staff of Redline are reading, so your criticism, as long as it's constuctive, could help.

Comment

we'll ive finally found were to download it. if you have BitTorent it should be hard to find it.

That show was the absolute worse. It was like a funk flex rides segment stretched to 20minutes. The best thing about it was the commercials. All they showed of JGTC was crashing!!!!W.T.F. no passing?!! They start to test company tuner cars at the track and dont show anything for more than a fraction of a second. That sucked because we see these expensive beautiful cars in mags, read there numbers but know absolutely nothing of how they move, here was there chance to show us and they managed to blow it. Even sports car revelution on speed channel knows how to capture a race lap on camerea.
                    I agree that the info presented was not bad at all, but the editer needs to be shot.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtneyDayFan
                      As much as I know you guys would love to see a hardcore drifter host the show, you need to remember that sex sells, and a show is looking for ratings. People from outside the drifting world will watch. I've already read on other forums outside the automotive industry that they watched soley because of the hostess, not because of the drifting and cars. They said they could care less about that part. Maybe in 2 years when it gets even more popular they won't need it, but right now eye candy works and sponsors and production teams know this.

Give Courtney and the show a few more episodes and I think you may warm up to it.

By the way, I am sure the producers and staff of Redline are reading, so your criticism, as long as it's constuctive, could help.
                      What was she thinking when she chose that outfit in the mourning. it wasn't even sexy, back in my highschool she would've gotten teased or even outcasted for that lack of fashion sense. That was not even mtv standards for sex apeal. to allready drifters and fans she annoyed and even affended, to new comers she might of been dismissed and ignored as a plain white girl that is trying to hard.

Comment

I personally though that was a very good start for the show.

Noted that:
                        1 The host needs work and sounds too much like a script
                        2 the drifting shots were too fast and didnt really show what drifting is.
                        3 The AIS show coverage shouldnt have been in there
                        4 All the shots were too quick

Other things:

1 They actually did a good job explaining drifting in a short way and to the general public but they also should have had a seg with how the comp actually works and give a run brief run down with couple full runs. They way they kept doing short shots of drifting really didnt give the right effect that it is a sport and not just people out there wasting tires.

2 They are doing a good job pushing JGTC.

3 In the seg with the lancer and wrx, not in dept enough.

4 If your going to do a seg on a show (even AIS) you should take the time to find something really cool and explain why it is so cool or rare, kinda like hotrod tv does at there shows.
                        O wait, i forgot, import car shows have nothing cool or rare. (<---- that was a cheep shot, i hate car shows)

All in all, I think they do have things to work on but it was a good start for something cool to develop. It was alot better than that stupid tnr tv.
                        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

My opinion...

I actually thought the show was pretty good. Remember that this was the first show and they didn't receive any input on it yet. I think atleast it is heading in the right direction. I did find it kind of weird that the host said that it wasn't about all the bling or something and neons and then they have footage of a car show. Go figure... The JGTC stuff was pretty tight. The drifting was very short and could have been longer. I like how they tested out the cars and such.

Let's not be too critical after the first episode. I for one am glad this kind of television is on... it's better than no coverage of our passion, performance cars, right?

Comment

I am one of the executive producers of Redline TV. I just wanted to let you guys know that we are listening and appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Please know that Redline TV's production team is full of car enthusiasts. With a passion for the automotive aftermarket, we wanted to make a show that is true to the automotive enthusiast. We value what you guys have to say!

Remember, you guys have only seen the first episode. There are more to come. We will continue to work hard on Redline TV. We will continue to make changes to the show...they might not be immediate since some of the shows have already been produced, but know that you have been heard!

check out: www.redline-tv.com

Comment

it seems ok but i dont like how everything tight has to go mainstream....it was tight when it was more underground...like when people didnt noe what a silvia or a hachi was i mean ill be with some of my friends and outta no where well c a stock 240 and my friends will say o thats a pretty clean silvia and im like wtf iwell ne way what my point is i dont think drifting should of gona mainstream but hey i guesss i mean too late to bring it back now....

Comment

For me i hope drifting dies out so that its not popular anymore. As a matter of fact i love drifting. But the fact that its going mainstream pisses me off a bit. I hope it turns into a trend, that way it will die out, that way all of the bandwagon(bandwagon lol) people that are trying to drift will just stop and stop ricing it out. Pretty soon youll see drift cars with neons, dubs, and altezas, and the drivers in the cars are gunna be all gangsta gangsta. And the only reason this type of crowd will drift is because they wanna be cool and stay trendy(hmm *Censored**Censored**Censored*ots). Well anyways if drifting became uncool i would still love it

Comment

Working...
                                X