ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious - how many of you guys tune your car's suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious - how many of you guys tune your car's suspension?

Kind of like what the title says, how many of you guys do suspension tuning on your car. I'm not sure what I'd include/exclude here. It can be as basic as throwing on some stiffer springs. However, you could really get into fine tuning every aspect as well: spring stiffness, ride height, shock compression/rebound, front/rear sway bars, toe-in/out, camber, caster. All kinds of stuff.

I'm curous how far most of you have gone, maybe give a short description, change in car characteristics, and maybe a ball park price, whatever you feel like mentioning.

i do..
    right now im running a set of tein HA.I was to do swa bars as well and i really need a set of rear stear elimanator bushings..

but im running bout 2.5 neg camber...half a degree of toe out up front and about 1.5 neg camber in the rear and no toe..( i want to try bout .5 deg toe out..
    I also want to get a set of 25mm wheel spacers for the front..but thats on my to do list...along with everything else..

Comment

We do the basics on our cars. Height, Camber, Dampening. Its basic. Havent really messed with toe or caster yet.

Comment

I have KYB AGX adjustable struts (set at 2 in front and 4 in rear (medium hard)) ($350) all around with Tein S-tech springs($155). Suspension techniques anti-roll bars front and rear (30mm and 22mm respectively) ($260 a set). Ebay struts tower bars front and rear ($13 and $12 respectively). Factory alignment settings to save tire wear, 17's are expensive.

Comment

17's? isn't that pretty big? Someone on this board said that anything bigger than 15's isnt good. Its just for show/roadracing. Unless anyone drifts with 17s or 20s.

Comment

Chas you would be supriesed how much toe and tire pressure can make on a cars handaling

Comment

Ill have to look into it.

Comment

almost every single part on my suspension is adjustible. Also considering that most parts made for my car are either to make them grip turns good or to get straight line traction. So I'm forced to tune my car and experiment to try and get the right settings down.

Comment

Originally posted by s0nny80y
                  17's? isn't that pretty big? Someone on this board said that anything bigger than 15's isnt good. Its just for show/roadracing. Unless anyone drifts with 17s or 20s.
                  almost all the of the pros run 18"s the 86s run 15"s and there are a few 16"s in the mix

Comment

BUT also the pros are making more HP than most of us

Anyway here is an example of why bigger rims take more HP to spin..

get a 5 pound sledg hammer...
                    first hold it kind close to the head...holdit straing out...easy huh?

now old it at the end of the handle...
                    lot harder to hold it straight out? yup

and most the weight of a rim is around the edge where all the metal is to for a seal with the tire...

So the larger the rim..the more area this has to cover...the heaver the rims(all of it on the out side edge...the more weight the motor has to spin to get this rim to move..

Comment

Yea a larger rim is harder to spin due to the weight and also due to the fact that their usually bigger then factory. Usually raising your rear gear ratio.

Yet there is a great advantage of using bigger rims. Which is the fact that you can run lower profile tires. The front will have more response and the rear will spin easier due to the fact that theres a small *Censored**Censored**Censored* side wall. So the rear will also be more responsive. When I use 205/65/15 in the rear its actually harder to slide it and keep it sliding then when I used 245/50/16. While the other one is alot wider the sidewall is alot skinnier. Making it slide out better. Soon I'm going to be running 225/50/17 in the rear. Mostly because it'll have a small sidewall...wont be to skinny...and also their cheap as hell O_o (I can get them for about $60 or less a tire)

Comment

17'' tires are cheap? Damn you're lucky to fing them for $60, they cost me about $110 a tire!

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                          almost all the of the pros run 18"s the 86s run 15"s and there are a few 16"s in the mix
                          Hey im using 16's... (still far from pro ) they work fine with some low pro's. Had no probs with em and good news is, i know some hippies who run a tire shop. Most of the time theyre either drunk or high so they never charge me full price.

Comment

I have tuned my suspension. Im running HKS Hipermax II's. I also have cusco sway bars. Recently i just added Nismo front and rear link arms w/bushings. Toe in has been adjusted. Thats about it for my suspension.

Comment

on my fc i am running tokico 5-way with eibach's, ft and rear strut bars, turbo II sway bars, rear steer elim kit as for tires i use kuhmo's 712 on gtus 16x7 wheels, seems to work well for me

Comment

Working...
                              X