X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the advice!

ne ways i do know how to drive a car.

Comment

Knowing how to and how to well are two different things. I could drive a car when I was 15. That didn't mean I could drive well, lol. Driving well isn't even much when compared to drivig like the car was an extention of your body. It's amazing what you can do when you know a car that well. Throw me in an old GM full-size car and I'll freak the crap out of you. That level of understanding takes time, years. Think of the difference between someone just learning to drive to someone that has driven for years. Then think of that same person that has driven for year to say a professional race car driver. They are all completely different levels.

You should be at the level of driving well before you even think about drifting. By well, I mean you feel comfortable with the car and can handle emergency situations relatively well. A perfer level is the one higher, the point where you and the car is essentially one. You understand it so well, that whatever you picture in your mind is exactly what happens. You know what the car will do before it happens. You know every little neuance and the exact limits of the car. At this point, you can basically do whatever you want with the car under complete control. With that level of understanding, you are always in controla and always within the limits of your driving and the car. You can manipulate the car to your will and never be in trouble.

Comment

Corolla's are hard to learn in?????? Um I think they are the easiest cars to get loose in. Want a hard one, try my FD. Now that's a hard mofo to learn in.

Driftforfood is absolutely right. You need to be at a level of awareness with your machine that borders on zen before you even think about Drifting. Drifting is all about car control at the limits of that control. If you can't control your car on a regular road then whats the point. Believe me, it isn't all that hard to learn the basics. At the school I taught at we take 40+ students, most from an everyday driving background and within 3 days they are performing j-turns, 180 slides, decreasing raduis turns into slaloms, 4 car snakes and other stuff. They even do a 3 minute precision driving demonstration that they coreograph. So it can be done with instruction.
        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 03-31-2004, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Can i try it?

Comment

Zen! My whole post and you say one word to describe the same thing. lol.

Comment

Try what? that class? Sure, go to www.stuntschool.com. Thats the Stunt performer course. If you want to just focus on the driving part of movie stunts go to www.precisiondriving.net.
              That is the main instructors website. Super nice guy. Steve Buckley. Both schools are highly informative and offer a great cirriculum. You can also catch me at any event that I am at and I can talk to you too.

Comment

Originally posted by dmnyo
                thanks for the advice!

ne ways i do know how to drive a car.
                Everyone that just gets there liscense say they know how to drive. Get something that if you fook it up you won't cry about it later.

Comment

Mercur XR4Ti - great 2 learn drift

Comment

read drifting 101 =)

Comment

Working...
                    X