Pro drifting: N/A vs. Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro drifting: N/A vs. Turbo

I read a Buddy Club interview in Super Street and they asked 'em whether or not Buddy Club will produce parts (and go into) for drifting. And they said not likely cause that would mean producing turbines/kits.

But I thought that the 4AG's specialty was to have the revs within the power band while keeping your foot on the pedal while sliding to keep the tires squealing. Sorta like a power over I guess.

Comment

Interesting this is in the Beginners section...

I've "overheard" from one of the competitors that 350hp to the wheels is "required" for pro-level (i.e. D1) competition drifting...

Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Dude... your statement has nothing to do with N/A versus turbo except to state that Buddy Club won't do turbines. Even so, your statement about the 4AGE makes about as much sense as using an elephant to break peanut shells.

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
          Interesting this is in the Beginners section...

I've "overheard" from one of the competitors that 350hp to the wheels is "required" for pro-level (i.e. D1) competition drifting...

Take it for what it's worth.
          wow so i guess ueo is screwed then? come on, where do people get this? it's well known that ueo is maybe pushing close to 200 maybe... that's one of a few 86's in d1 so yeah take it for what it's worth but don't believe everything you overhear

Comment

By "overheard" do you mean "imagined"

Unofficially, if you're driving anything but a sub-2000lb corolla, you kinda need around 300hp to be competitive.

The Corollas have around the same hp to lb ratio of most of the silvias anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
              By "overheard" do you mean "imagined"
              Like I said...take it for what it's worth.
              You can make fun of my reply, but it did happen and wasn't imagined.
              Funny, the guy who said it is a top-leve competitor that does drive an AE86...

Comment

Working...
              X