No announcement yet.

Question about torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its always good to see a little b^tch fight now and again on the forums.

Comment

You gotta admit that GRiD has the best answer for this question: "Actually, torque is what will fight to break the tires loose and horsepower will keep them spinning. So without enough torque, a car won't be able to break traction with power alone, and without enough horsepower, a car won't be able to keep the tires spinning long enough." That says it all right there ...

Comment

yer man thats true...

But if you got a pissy weak car like a celica (and i mean a celica not a celica supra!) you will also understand that you can drift without heaps of horsepower. It depends exactly on the drift technique your trying to execute.

My 2 cents laterz....

Comment

Originally posted by FreightPheen
          As much as i love cracking skulls, in the name of drifting.com ima keep this civil. You're getting into grammar here buddy, not correcting a word misuse. As for calling me out with AND using the word "diddly-squat".... lol do your thang. There's always gonna be a demographic sporting 1930's vocab.
          Who's skull are you going to crack? Your answer was vague, muddled, and wrong.

Who doesn't like 1930's vocab? Not all of us want to sound urban-hip and Gen X/Y.

Comment

Originally posted by subaru_drift
            But if you got a pissy weak car like a celica (and i mean a celica not a celica supra!) you will also understand that you can drift without heaps of horsepower. It depends exactly on the drift technique your trying to execute.
            hahaha, quoted for truth (however the celica has a.. reasonable amount of power). though remember you can do the same with a car that is your opposite. take my volvo, i've got 110hp and about 136ft-lbs. plenty of torque to go around for how much hp i've got availible. makes driving through those turns quite interesting (plus, my car can warp a lot off the line... kinda sad)

Comment

Working...
            X