1990 nissan drift truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 nissan drift truck

i have a 1990 Nissan hardbody what is about 3 1/2 inches from the ground. z24 motor swap/5spd. Has anyone set up their truck for drift? How would you stiffen up the suspension(torsion bars), chassis, sharper steering...etc. Also i'm guessing a welded differential and hand brake is a must. Don't think i'd have to make too much power because of no weight in the rear.

Well, when it comes to your suspention there's a number of possibilities. One is fabricating mounts foe coilovers, probably the best solution if you have the money, but far from the easiest. The other, is artificially hardfening the ride with airbags. Now, on a smooth track this could be a reasonable directions, but on a rough track, may not be reliable being as there's a possibility of blowing out the bag.

You don't have to worry about tortion bars that much being as it's a solid axil truck, they'll be pretty heavy allready.

The chassis will be your biggest issue. Trucks use a solid frame, which is good for both stiffness and safety, but on most trucks, especially smaller ones, the bed is kind of on a seperate piece. Now if you're not gonna be beating the crap out of it, it won't be an issue, but hitting things like walls and what not, it will. You may want to consiter beafing up the frame at this point.

There's also the issue of weight. On a flat smooth surface, you won't have any problem at all getting it to slide. Where you will notice problems is in surface changes and directions transitions. The rear end being so light will want to pass you up pretty easily. Just something you'll prolly have to get use to though.

Ii've done a bit of street driving in my truck, but I'm much more familiar with off road stuff with her, which the light rear end is a blessing instead of a curse.

Comment

i got a 91 nissan pickup ka24e i am down to the ground about 3 inch clearance and i have 18'' rims only mods i have now is a stage 2 clutch, towed out the front wheels, msd ignition, changed my intake to plenum, and working on better torque. thats what i have on my truck and i drift oh i'm 16 and yes i drift against people at parking lots and country roads.

Comment

Working...
      X