X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acronyms

Originally posted by Fuiiru
    Mazda Engine Breakdown

From what i can see, Mazda does not use a specific engine classification method, rather, their engines are named according to that design. I will just list the names of the rotary engines here, for more information on Mazda engines feel free to visit the link provided earlier.

12A- Early Model Twin Rotor Wankel Rotary
    13B- Later Model Twin Rotor Wankel Rotary
    13B-REW - Later Model Twin Rotor Wankel Rotary Sporting Twin Turbos
    20B- Triple Rotor Wankel Rotary
    RENESIS- Twin Rotor Wankel Rotary. The name is derived from 'Rotary Engine' 'Genesis'

[[/B]
    Let me break down the rotary engines even further,because those links you provided didn't do so.The letters in the rotary engine codes aren't just some specific engine classification method,they're the actual displacement of the engines themselves as well,the A or B classifys the form of fuel injection.

The 12A comes from the 1.2 litre displacement.All the engines with an A are carburated.All of the engines with a B have electronic fuel injection.And so forth
    13B=1.3 litre displacement,electornically fuel injected
    13B-REW=the same with twin turbos.
    20B=2.0 litre displacement,twin turboed also.

Comment

Regarding Yaw Control really quick, (hopefully)

Its not just a fancy word for turning partake, more like a fancy way of turning. Advance Yaw control system is in fact system which turns the car by controlling the individual wheel spin, i.e. putting the more power to the outside wheels when in a turn to compensate for the understeer... so in stead of just front wheels and back wheels in the case of and active diff, this goes alittle further, and is usually expensive usually raking in about 50k for the systems used on the WRC Mitsubishi cars.
      Thrillz

Comment

Originally posted by TeamSLIPdrifter
        I dont think your right about the honda engines. My dads crv has an 18b but its a 2.4 liter. i dont think the number means displacment. they have an explanation of yaw in gran turismo 2 actually. YAW generates rotational movement by controlling the distribution of torque between the left and right drive wheels.
        What year CRV? Last time i checked they came with the B20 engines. Thats how people can get a B20 block real cheap and throw on a B16 head.

Comment

Another Rotory

12A- Early Model Twin Rotor Wankel Rotary
          13B- Later Model Twin Rotor Wankel Rotary
          13B-REW - Later Model Twin Rotor Wankel Rotary Sporting Twin Turbos
          20B- Triple Rotor Wankel Rotary
          RENESIS- Twin Rotor Wankel Rotary. The name is derived from 'Rotary Engine' 'Genesis'

Dont forget the R26B its the 4 rotor le mans winner, before they banned rotories. It has 3 spark plugs per cyl. and a fancy adjusting intake. But I dont think anyone every put one in a street car. Check out these links
          http://www.geocities.com/fdkaimember/r26b.html
          and
          http://www.mymazdarotary.com/mazda_r...paper_html.htm

Lucidstrife

Comment

LED- Light Emitting Diode? When do we use that? I learned that thing in physics class, but forgot about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
              LED- Light Emitting Diode? When do we use that? I learned that thing in physics class, but forgot about it...
              look closely at the G35 taillights. also, LED's are found on your alarm clock (only if they are digital display). one way you can tell if it's LED is that they illuminate.

Comment

Thanks man...But I don't why it's so significant in terms of drifting...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                  Thanks man...But I don't why it's so significant in terms of drifting...
                  headunits? the AFC controller and that good stuff?

Comment

Man good post.

There were a few things on that list i didn't actually know.

(still new to cars and drifting.)

Comment

The crv is a 2003.

Comment

me (a newbie) thinks that fc means a "generation" of a rx-7...
                        or am I wrong here?

adomz

Comment

ya once again i know its been said but thanks... from all newbies like me.

Comment

Re: Re: Acronyms

Originally posted by Feint
                            Let me break down the rotary engines even further,because those links you provided didn't do so.The letters in the rotary engine codes aren't just some specific engine classification method,they're the actual displacement of the engines themselves as well,the A or B classifys the form of fuel injection.

The 12A comes from the 1.2 litre displacement.All the engines with an A are carburated.All of the engines with a B have electronic fuel injection.And so forth
                            13B=1.3 litre displacement,electornically fuel injected
                            13B-REW=the same with twin turbos.
                            20B=2.0 litre displacement,twin turboed also.
                            i'll have to correct you there

12 is 1.2l displacement and the A is the size of the rotor.
                            13 is 1.3l displacement and the B is the size of the rotor. (a bit bigger, hence larger displacement)

in the early rx's with 13B's, they were carby fed, and some 12A's were injected so the letter has nothing to do with that.

in relation to the fc "generation" question

an fb (not commonly called that) is a 1st generation rx7. Series 1,2 and 3.

an fc is a 2nd generation rx7. Series 4 and 5

and an fd is a 3rd generation rx7. series 6,7 and 8

all have different body shapes to their catagory.

Comment

add WOT!

Comment

Just a correction for your Mazda engine breakdown.

12A - 1.2L carb'd twin rotor
                                12AT - 1.2L carb'd twin rotor turbo
                                13B - 1.3L EFI twin rotor
                                13BT - 1.3L EFI twin rotor turbo
                                13B-RE - 1.3L EFI twin rotor twin turbo
                                13B-REW - 1.3L EFI twin rotor twin turbo
                                20B - 2.0L EFI triple rotor twin turbo
                                R26B - 2.6L EFI quad rotor

Just in case you wanted a rotorheads point of view on the issue.

Zach

Comment

Working...
                                X