Strange Drifters <~~~READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Drifters <~~~READ

I am one of those people who always has to be different. I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of a 3000gt or a 300zx competing in a drift contest (of any kind). I love to see an S15 drift as much as the next guy, i just wont to know the other possibilties are. Also if anyone has any other links, or information about strange drifters, post them!
    Attached Files

300zx could be drifted, but arent most 3000gt's fwd? and the ones that arent are 4wd, right?

im not really sure, i dont know too much about 3000gt's. the 4wd version maybe could be drifted though.

Comment

300zx, YES... but change the vlsd first, i read about it in super street (i think) its clutch plates heat up and cause this silicone goo to expand and put more pressure on the vlsd so its not consistent, you have to warm it it just like the have to warm up your tires. 3000gt, maybe. only the japanese version which is awd and you might be able to "unplug" the front wheels and it would be great, i just saw a fwd version today it wuz sweet

Comment

ohhh yeah... i just remembered the VR4 versions of the 3000gt has awd and ALL WHEEL STEERING... that would be hard to drift

Comment

hey man if you want to be different.........

that or you could drift a truck...

Comment

if you wanna be original dont drift... its turning too bandwagon... =/...

hah but honestly! go to the junkyard and find some older beat up rwd car and start from that. i think a 300zx and especially a 3000gt would really chew up ur wallet but if originality is your thing, go for it! people drift all kinds of cars

Comment

the balance on a 300zx sucks.

are you trying to be different just for the sake of being different? cause thats just stupid. go with what feels good.

i swear to god everyone trying to be "different" like its a trend.

so if youre actually the same as everyone else and youre trying to be different, arent you just foolin yourself?

Comment

heyyy the z32 300zx is a great if slightly porky drifter, but the z30 300zx is a royal stinker that handles like a trash can on skateboard wheels. my neighbor thinks he has the cribs style bling since he has this 3000 gt that has a messed up 4 wheel steering that is constantly out of phase and shudders and is jst plain scary. oh and a cheap way to learn how to 4wd drift is ito get a old subaru like a 89-91 and just destroy it. plus side though you get better as a mechanic if you have to fix it all the time too

Comment

Infinity M30/Nissan Leopard(Very cool, great engine options), MK3 supra(what I have)/ Nissan 200sx(late 80's, pre 240sx)Miata MX5(short wheelbase, but cool none the less).

I really like the M30, but it is on the expensive side(for me)like 3-4 grand, and they come with an rb20 in japan I believe.

Comment

You know as a followup of what I said earlier. I remember something about how Modified, or Import Tuner, one of those mags... had a Tacoma given to them by toyota to tune and drift.

I swear I'm not making this up... or am i??

Comment

When I start earning some $$$ I want to get an old rwd celica or celica supra and drift that. I dont think ive seen one done up in my area. Maybe theres a reason for that tho...

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
                        the balance on a 300zx sucks.

are you trying to be different just for the sake of being different? cause thats just stupid. go with what feels good.

i swear to god everyone trying to be "different" like its a trend.

so if youre actually the same as everyone else and youre trying to be different, arent you just foolin yourself?
                        Coming from a Z32 driver:

The balance of the car doesn't nessisarily "suck" its just not easy to handle for beginners. I've found that - Clutch, Ebrake, Gas, Release brake and release clutch - gets you sideways quite easily and, though it may be becauce I'm used to it now, it is easy to control the degree of the turn by the amount you release the clutch. Yes, I know thats considered more of a "power slide" but the point is you get sideways and its controllable.

BTW: I still consider myself a beginner.

300zs ARE hard to control. Though they are heavy, the combined enginuity of the transmission and the differential makes sure power goes right where you need it most, in turn balancing the car.

As for "being different." I see nothing wrong with being a non-conformist. Just try not to conform to non-conformity. Being different is one of the reasons why I bought my Z.

Comment

The S12 200sx would be great if it wasn't lacking in the aftermarket department.

Comment

they are great. But finding even basic parts is a hassal most of the time. head light relay cost me $59!!

Comment

Working...
                            X