For all the readers of this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the readers of this forum

Sorry for being quite mean, but there are much more FANS of drifting than those who actually do drift. Non-drifters post irrelavent questions and also ask quesitons htat can easily be answered by the SEARCH button. But Since this is a "beginners" forum, people have to be patient with them. Sure, I'm fine with that, but why answer a question to a 13 year old who doesn't know what a clutch is yet? I don't want to put emphasis on flaming other people, but there's not enough people out there to do something instead of making something up. I wouldn't like to see 10 threads made by the same person asking stupid questions regarding items portrayed in an anime that is fictitious. (Forgive me for my incorrect spelling). Also, there have been numerous threads on if a 1986 Corolla GT-S is adequate and an easy drift starter, or if people could give stronger suggestions to different types of cars to use. There's a saying that helps you with everything, since you are starting to drift, you have to take risks, so make your best judgement, instead of bombarding senior members of the forums with questions that don't help you get anywhere closer to drifting. I hope at least some people have read this, because I took some time into doing this. Thank you everyone and have a nice day.

Comment

I think we need to treat the ENTIRE forum like this.
      I came into here with more patience in this Beginners section than the rest.
      So, naturally, I'm a bit harsh in the other sections.
      Boy, now I get blasted for being disrespectful and banned.
      It looks like the Mods and Admins are looking for being TOTALLY panty when it comes to responses, and certain people can't take being argued against...

Good luck.

Comment

Hey man.

I fully understand exactly where your coming from.
        But i have to point out a few issues.

1. Most people who are new to a forum don't know at all where to start this goes for people who drift like most or us or the others who are just fans.

2. "There's a saying that helps you with everything, since you are starting to drift, you have to take risks, so make your best judgement, instead of bombarding senior members of the forums"

Mate this is the newbies section! A section for people with no idea to start and decide how exactly they are going to drift. Those "risky" questions are ones a senior member could easily answer and could take newbies ages to find out and waste lots of money, thats why they are asked.

3. I understand exactly what you mean by 13 yo's on da forum. And it is really stupid!!!!! But think about it this way they are the up coming generation who are going to explore new horizons and popularize the sport in area's its not.

Your arguement is completly valid but at the same time very one minded.

I hope all the people who are new to the forum realise that instead of NOT reading the stickys the guys here worked hard on and post stupid questions will stop. But then thats what makes them new.

Just be patient man. And i bet alot of people found out about the sport through Initial D.

what does everyone else think?

Comment

Lol funny,
          I was going to try and start with the Corolla, but soon realized I was just following what everyone wanted me to. I'd say that just being different, is what would clear all these stupid threads up! (Not this one, the other newb ones). But hey, just try and act polite, and tell the person the link, and don't say another word if it has been posted before.
          I to am trying to learn as many things as possible, but people on this forum overreact, but I do see what y'all mean.

Lol and what does Initial D have to do with this? It's a good anime, I don't know about you, but I've loved initial d before I started drifting, and I'm not going to try and pull a paralell drift with a partner on a cliff edge mountain road.
          Last edited by rwd polak; 08-26-2004, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X