Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "spark Plug"

SPARK PLUG
    WHATS the best spark plug out there??? 1,2,4 tip make me confused??? HELP ME!!!!

I say run whatever type of plug the manufacturer of your ignition system recommends. You should be more worried about the gap than the number of tips.

Comment

what CH said. Fancy schmancy plugs that last forever generally take more jolt to work the way you want them too. Our old *Censored**Censored**Censored* cars ignition systems are not always up to the task. Run OEM.

Comment

remember, electricity only ever follows the path of least resistance... Chances of each tip having its own spark are lower than winning the lottery.

just go with a single tip from any name brand (NGK, Denso, Champion, etc, etc), and talk to the people selling it (or search google) to find out what heat range you want for your plugs.

Comment

the multiple tip spark plugs are actually made to let the electricity travel the path of least resisintance, choosing the best tip to fire with.

Comment

yeah, but the one out of four that the electricity does flow through won't necessarily be any better than the one out of one with a single tip plug. It's not that it's better or worse, it's just redundant, as far as I can see.

anyone know of any independent studies done on tip configurations? (sorry, I have to go, so no google time for me)

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco
              the multiple tip spark plugs are actually made to let the electricity travel the path of least resisintance, choosing the best tip to fire with.
              This is true. Therefore, for the four prong spark plugs, only one of the prongs are working...

It's redundant. You really don't need that splitfire or that other Bosch 4 Platinum *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*... Just get some name brand stuff and worry about the gap more than all the other glitter because you won't see any performance difference from it.

Matt.

Comment

Thanks Guys!!! I mean IT!!!

Comment

From what ive read if your luck spark plugs and wires CAN make a difference of like 2 hp lol (from bill sherwood- if you dont know who he is...well.. u jsut dont love the 86 )

Anyways: Agreed with what most of the others have said: Just get the ones that are reccomended, and change them as soon as your car starts "hesistating" to turn on. its as simple as that

Comment

HEY!!! What about the tip size????

Comment

I use NGK-R plugs,one range colder than stock. I had ZEX nitrous plugs for about 2 weeks. But on 2 of them the porcelin(sp?) broke apart and went through my motor. My advice is to stick to a reputable plug...

Comment

Working...
                      X