!!HELP!! Motor Swap Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!HELP!! Motor Swap Idea

Well I am just throwing out an idea to see if it could work. I was visiting a shop that had began to build an s15 for the drift comp at Evergreen for formula d, and they had put in a 2jz-gte motor and some 70 series turbo. they said that once they had pulled out the fire wall, to fab some mounts wasn't that bad. Well it sparked a little idea in my head and i want ot know what you all think. the f20c out of a Honda S2000 into an s13. I know the exhaust runs down the other side of the motor but would the tranny fit, it seem a lot bigger? the only reason i think of this motor is because it has about 240 hp from the factory and redlines at 9000 rpm's. there also is no limit to the amount of aftermarket products for this motor that could put it into the 300-400 range. also the 9000 rpm range would be sick and just imagine a S2000 cluster in an s13. for me i don't really like running turbo's, and i don't want to build a monster of power for drift, but something that has good power response and use the tech of drifting to get around the coners sideways. Also the motor is a little shorter, so you would think that the weight balnace would be better. from looking at it the exhaust is the real problem, drive shaft could be fabed to fit the bolt patern of the f20c tranny at one end and the s13 diff bolt pattern at the other. but i need advice, help and i know that there will be *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* talked alll around this subject but i need some real advice. another thing is that the f20c is a little spendy, you could get an rb26dett for the same price as some of the f20c's i have found. Let me know what you all think and if you know anything that could/would make this swap a lot easier than let me know.

just get a sr20de, itbs, cams, pistons, and stand alone.
    way cheaper, easier, and cooler.

Comment

who makes a good set of itb's, and how are the internals different from the sr20det, you know like are the pistons a higher compression because no turbo? with cams, pistons itb's what kind of power can be made and would it be safe to make it rev it a little higher like the f20c motor, around 9000. thanks man.

Comment

The exhaust is one of the easiest problems you will run into. All you have to do is move the fuel lines to the other side so they aren't in the way and then fab up headers and exhaust that will work. Getting the gauges to work will require a custom under dash harness and I don't think you will be able to get the speedo to work. If you do end up doing this I ope you have deep pockets and you need ITB just to lay your *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out on the table. On a different note I hope that shop you are talking about didn't do anymore than beat the firewall with a hammer because tech is pretty hardcore about firewall modifications a 2j should of easily fit without touching the firewall(fits perfect in s13 and s14).

Comment

your talkin about a 20k swap

Comment

ITB's come stock on gti-r sr20det's they can be modded to fit pretty easily and if going n/a you can run stacks so no need to fab an intake manifold.

Comment

If you wanted the NA response of the F20c... why dont you just get an S2000? or is that too obvious

Comment

thats what this thread is about, but we have been talking about alternatives that might be a lil more wallet friendly

Comment

wallet friendly and motor swap can only be used together in one sentence.
                  "Motor swaps are not wallet friendly."

Comment

Working...
                  X