• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhys Millen + Hyundai = .... ?

http://www.everythingdrift.com/blog/?p=66

Well, that looks gross.

Comment

Certain people have known about this for quite some time.

I just didn't think they'd come out with it this soon.

I have a feeling Rhys will adapt to this quicker than he adapted to the solstice.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        Well, that looks gross.
        Better than your piece of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* overprice car that you are trying to sell for 7K.

that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* should be like 2K.

Comment

I dont know Al.... it is down at like $3500-4000 now.
          I just want to get rid of it.
          I don't want to be involved with drifting anymore.

p.s. I like how your Ruckus turned out. The rear wheel is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            I dont know Al.... it is down at like $3500-4000 now.
            I just want to get rid of it.
            I don't want to be involved with drifting anymore.

p.s. I like how your Ruckus turned out. The rear wheel is cool.
            That's still kinda high for a Topaz

Comment

^^^
              ok.
              That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                Certain people have known about this for quite some time.

I just didn't think they'd come out with it this soon.

I have a feeling Rhys will adapt to this quicker than he adapted to the solstice.

You are definitely jumping the gun....

Remember Rhys is still under contract with GM... this is basically a concept show/grip car at the moment.

Comment

I knew someone would do this... I didn't think it would be Rhys though.

But then again.. Ken Gushi and a scion TC.. no one saw that coming either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebring View Post

A little birdie told me that there's another team building a Hyundai drift car(s).

Comment

oh noes....

spill it man. I must know...

Comment

Originally posted by Sebring View Post

I knew it... and I'm not a insider

I thought:

A. Scion is going to get in the drift game some how
                        B. Ken Gushi will end up in a Jap car

But Rhys in Hyndai.....

Nope, I dont see it happening.... Dai though.... thats a diferent story.

I dont know nothing about nothing, but I see this car being ushered in to him.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                          You are definitely jumping the gun....

Remember Rhys is still under contract with GM... this is basically a concept show/grip car at the moment.
                          That contract is pretty much done by the end of this season...think about it..why would Rhys do anything with Hyundai at all in the first place if there was still more than a few years left with GM?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                            That contract is pretty much done by the end of this season...think about it..why would Rhys do anything with Hyundai at all in the first place if there was still more than a few years left with GM?

Because Rhys Millen as a driver, and RMR as a company are two diferent things.

Drifting as a money hungry machine better hope GM stays in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              Because Rhys Millen as a driver, and RMR as a company are two diferent things.

Drifting as a money hungry machine better hope GM stays in the game.
                              If you think his driving isn't connected to his business then you're mis-informed dude.

GM's invesntment now isn't as large as it was when they first came into it. Even without GM he still has Red Bull.

Also Hyundai is ready to spend serious money to market the Genesis coupe directly to this exact demo. You can rest assured that once the program is completed it will be a corner stone in Hyundai's ad campaign for the Genesis.

You said so yourself..you're not an insider...I am. Trust me on this...You'll see Rhys and/or Dai drifting this Hyundai in the not too distant future.

The SEMA car is just a first step in the relationship.

Comment

Working...
                              X