Are Corvettes Good For Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Corvettes Good For Drifting

hey, my dad has a corvette and i love driving it, i love it. I am going to be getting a car soon and i want to know if they are any good for drifting?
    thx, sorry if this is a noob question

Maybe follow Conrad Grunewald's Corvette specs ? I think it took a crash at FD Long Beach World Championship, not sure where Grunewald is at this point.

I would suppose a rear sitting tranny might help with weight distribution but give it a lot of grip at the same time. Kinda like the case with drifting S2Ks, from my knowledge...drifting S2Ks have the gas tank relocated to the trunk for a more ideal weight distribution.

I hope this helps

Comment

The only thing that would have me concerned would be inexperience drifting (if you haven't done it before) and the power the Corvette is capable of producing.

Comment

horrible steering radius from what I remember driving in them. though they are 6 generations, which one are you referring too?

Comment

my dads is a c4, wich is 4 generation, and i would probably buy a c5.

Comment

generally sucks

get S13 u noob

Comment

how much work did the tanaka racing/conrad grunewalds take?? is there a lot of custom stuff or is it just bolt on parts??

Comment

Thats a pretty expensive car to be learning how to slide in cause its not if your gonna wreck it, its when are you gonna wreck it. If you want something to learn to slide in with a good amount of power for cheap just put a LS1 in a s13 you can have a pretty dialed in setup for under 10k verses 20k+, but then again its your money thats just what i would do.

Comment

the corvette is a poor platform for drifting if you are on a budget. the steering needs to be almost completely redesigned as there are no off the shelf parts for it to help increase its pathetic angle.

the REST of the car is amazing. but unfortunately steering is somewhat important in drifting haha.

besides when you wreck a corvette its going to be expensive to fix. stick to a replaceable chassis while learning like a S13, FC, etc.

Comment

You can pick up a C4 for 2K on craigslist anywhere in the USA. You can get a custom steering rack made for less than 1K from most circle track shops.

Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X