Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350Z LS1 SWAP vs 240SX SWAP, Ask Here

350Z LS1 SWAP vs 240SX SWAP, Ask Here

Sam Yousif has almost completed his 350Z LS1 Swap with Fueled Performance.
    http://www.fueledracing.com/

Please post your 350Z LS1 SWAP vs 240SX SWAP questions on this thread.

will people be able to purchase just the oiling portion of the swap?

any pics of the pan?
    does this address the issue with block deformation considering that the pan is a structural piece to the oil pan?

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. Im not sure if purchasing just portions of the swap kit will be available, however I will double check on that as soon as I talk to Fueled Performance. I will also have new pictures of the kit for everyone to see the awesome quality.

Im not about your last question though, I have never heard of the block deformation issues with the LS1's...can you explain?

Thanks
      -Sam

Comment

LS1 Oil Pan
        The structural oil pan is cast aluminum. Incorporated into the design are the oil filter mounting boss, drain plug opening, oil level indicator tube opening, and oil pan baffle. An internal tube assembly directs pressurized oil from the engine block to the oil filter (mounted in the left front area of the pan). Filtered oil is then returned to the engine block through the tube assembly into the engine block oil galleries. The oil pan transfer cover is mounted to the left front area of the oil pan. The alignment of the structural oil pan to the rear of the engine block and transmission bell housing is critical.

you can find numerous information in regards to this.

I've seen motors throw rods/distort crank due to running an aftermarket oil pan..

Comment

Anotheraznguy,
          I would LOVE to see documentation on the motors you've "Seen 1st hand with distortion issues".

Give me a break.

And don't reply back with the structural thing, I can read what is stamped into the pan, and enough people with solid mounts/engine plates on cars doing wheelstands are doing just fine with sheetmetal/aftermarket pans.
          :logs back out to lurk for long times between postings:

Comment

sorry maybe i should be extra careful with the wording.
            I have no first hand experience / thankfully
            but have seen online / heard through reputable sources
            of this happening.

If the oe pan is misleading and it does nothing for the structure of the pan that is fine.

but i am still curious to see their pan setup.

Comment

Working...
            X