X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (3D TV SHOW) FORMULA D Long Beach 2011

(3D) FORMULA D Long Beach 2011

Formula DRIFT and DIRECTV Premiere Round 1: Streets of Long Beach in 3D

Season Opener Premieres on Sept. 17 Exclusively on n3D, Powered by Panasonic

LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 8, 2011 – DIRECTV and Formula DRIFT are following last year’s successful 3D broadcast of Formula DRIFT’s “Round 7: Title Fight” event with the premiere of the 2011 season opener, “Round 1: Streets of Long Beach” on Sept.17 at 8 p.m. (ET). This is the first-ever drifting event that takes place on actual city streets to be produced in 3D and will be available exclusively on DIRECTV’s 3D channel n3D, powered by Panasonic (channel 103).

The season opener, held in Long Beach, Calif., on April 8-9, was the only drifting event on the circuit to legally use real city streets. The 3D TV event showcases the action and excitement from the race and is co-hosted by Formula Drift vice president & co-founder, Ryan Sage and the “Voice of Formula Drift” announcer Jarod DeAnda. Footage from the event includes:

• Complete coverage of Round 1: The Streets of Long Beach,
    • Exclusive interviews with Formula DRIFT pro drivers,
    • And coverage of off-the-track action including fans, vendors, garage area, import models and more.

DIRECTV tested new production techniques for this event, including new camera angles of the course and in-car cameras that will give viewers the driver’s perspective of the track. In addition, DIRECTV has also signed on to produce Formula DRIFT’s season finale “Round 7: Title Fight,” in 3D this October at the Toyota Speedway in Irwindale, Calif., and will air it exclusively on n3D later this year.

“Besides being the most challenging course on the circuit, Round 1 truly sets the stage for all of the drama and excitement that will build up throughout the season and come to a head at the finale in Irwindale next month,” said Chris Long, senior vice president, DIRECTV Entertainment. “The new 3D production techniques that we used while shooting this race will add another level of excitement for both 3D and racing fans.”

"After a successful 3D program of last year’s season finale, DIRECTV captured the excitement of drifting that takes place on actual city streets at Round 1: Streets of Long Beach this season,” said Jim Liaw, president and co-founder, Formula DRIFT. “Drifting will be showcased in the perfect medium with the 3D technology bringing the action to the fans’ home."

DIRECTV offers more 3D programming than any other television provider in the country. n3D, powered by Panasonic (Ch.103), the nation's first 24/7 3D network, is available at no additional cost to millions of DIRECTV HD customers. n3D offers customers access to exclusive, original 3D programming such as DIRECTV's award-winning series Guitar Center Sessions; the 2011 DIRECTV Celebrity Beach Bowl and Guy's Big Bite in 3D. The 3D programming available both on n3D and DIRECTV CINEMA are all powered by Panasonic. DIRECTV also offers 3net and ESPN 3D as part of its 3D programming platform. For more information on n3D, powered by Panasonic, please visit www.DIRECTV.com/3D.

Who has DTV? Wake me up when you are on Comcast

Comment

I had comcast. Hated every minute of it. After about a month i couldn't take it anymore and switched to DTV last month. 10 times better. And with a show dedicated to showing complete coverage of the event, i feel even better about my decision to leave comcast for DTV!!

Comment

Time to set the TIVO! finally the DTV $$$ subscription is paying off

Comment

Working...
        X