Where can I learn how to drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I learn how to drift?

Where can I learn how to drift? Is there a place that teach you how to drift? If there is let me know because I'm dying to learn how to drift?

http://driftday.com/

Comment

an empty parking lot at night. start it of slow.

Comment

This is the best noob question ever. I am not being sarcastic either. You deserve a pat on the back. I wish all the noobs were as smart as you.

Comment

ya, and as stated in the other thread, we should have a group with this and questions like it for people who want these answers. its always hard being a noob, but it would be easier if this group of ?'s was easily found.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

i think someone should start a drifting school. drifting is getting pretty popular and it could rank in a lot of money.

eh? EH!?

Comment

Originally posted by hardcoredrift
                i think someone should start a drifting school. drifting is getting pretty popular and it could rank in a lot of money.

eh? EH!?
                A very good point indeed. I have brought this up to a lot of track managers and soforth. I have talked to other manufactures to see if they and others would be interested in building a facility or helping with tracks and what not. The first response is always liability. These people are concerned for your saftey and would rather see you on a course but for now stepping up to help in something that needs to be addressed they refer me to all the track time that will be available to you at the different events. This is one point that myself and others here in Japan do not understand. To keep the puplic safe and to help the sport along many tracks offer school and or track time in a safe enviroment for people to practice. On any given day you can find a place to practice for a nominal fee and have no worries other than maintaning your car and improving your skills.

Comment

Hey!!! There is one

I found this class a long time ago at Skip Barber Racing School.
                  This is from their website www.skipbarber.com

Car Control Clinic

Have you ever wanted to exit a corner with a perfect four-wheel drift? Car Control Clinics can familiarize you with the art of sliding, downshifting and "rotating" your racecar using the resources of both the Racing and Driving Schools. These skills are key to mastering advanced handling techniques and maximizing the performance potential of your car. Students drive and learn in a mix of Skip Barber fleet vehicles including the Dodge Dakota pick-up truck, Formula Dodge racecar and Dodge Viper ACR, all on an obstacle-free skid pad and autocross course. Unlock your potential as a driver in a safe, controlled environment. Then start putting your newfound skills to the test in your next Skip Barber program. The Car Control Clinic is available at Laguna Seca Raceway, Lime Rock Park, Road America, Daytona International Raceway, and Sebring International Raceway.

$925

Holy BLEEP!! This is my first post since i reregistered

Comment

like monkey magic said.. parking lot at night.Thats the best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by hardcoredrift
                      It's already been done. Drift Day and DGTrials events have instructors on hand to help people learn and improve. Now things just needs to fill in between the coasts, and it is little by little.

I remember seeing a link on FreshAlloy or the DGTrials board that went to some driving school's website advertising their new drift program. I can't remember the name of the school or the website though. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

Comment

what about jap teachers

i think it would be sweet if the actual d1 drivers came and taught us even tho they don't speak english well if at all that would be way better becuz u learn that japanesse style of drifting,way betetr compared to our's
                        anyone agree????

KEEP IT SIDEWAYZ!

Comment

the skip barber skool wont be teaching you "show drifting" though. i'm sure they will teach you about acute angle drifting techniques used with open wheel racecars. but i guess they would help you alot with car control.

i agree with the parking lot school of drift, hehe

Comment

Not True

They state in their site that they use a dodge viper ACR to teach you. Your right about the show drift though. I doubt it will be training on super wide angles with lots of smoke. This prolly will teach you how to use slippage to your advantage, but in the end thats what your trying to learn anyway. Right?

Comment

I rather use my own car to drift.

Thanks winding master. It still kinda far but I will go any ways.

I'm going to Irwindale. That's where to D1 was at.

Comment

Working...
                              X