X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ask me car related physics questions

i want to see what i can answer.

billlll nye the science guy!

BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!

Comment

why do cars have higher "grip" under small slip angles? What variables withn the tire's compound (flex, material, etc.) can affect this?

Comment

if a monkey is driving an 1800 lb. car at 180 kph into a 70 degree corner on a 45 degree downslope with windspeeds at 30 mph at the apex of the turn and 27mph at the exit point from assumed entry to assumed exit the corner is 1/6th of a mile long. how much countersteer would binks the monkey have to apply assuming a perfect suspension and brakes are on the car where the car slows 10 mph every 2 seconds for ever pound of pressure applied on the brake pedal... the monkey's ability is assumed to be professional at entry point to a corner but he lacks the strength to apply appropriate braking pressure when the centrifugal force of the drift as it enters a tight corner's apex. if G-Force i the assumed variable responsible for this anomoly how would Binks overcome the setback? what would be his exit speed and what is the relativity found within this drift scenario. how much energy does binks carry when entering this corner? at the apex? at the exit point?

what would be the perfect scenario for this corner?

how would binks do?
        Last edited by ReD-CeL; 10-24-2004, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReD-CeL
          if a monkey is driving an 1800 lb. car at 180 kph into a 70 degree corner on a 45 degree downslope with windspeeds at 30 mph at the apex of the turn and 27mph at the exit point from assumed entry to assumed exit the corner is 1/6th of a mile long. how much countersteer would binks the monkey have to apply assuming a perfect suspension and brakes are on the car where the car slows 10 mph every 2 seconds for ever pound of pressure applied on the brake pedal... the monkey's ability is assumed to be professional at entry point to a corner but he lacks the strength to apply appropriate braking pressure when the centrifugal force of the drift as it enters a tight corner's apex. if G-Force i the assumed variable responsible for this anomoly how would Binks overcome the setback? what would be his exit speed and what is the relativity found within this drift scenario. how much energy does binks carry when entering this corner? at the apex? at the exit point?

how would binks do?
          damnit you stole my question

Comment

oh man i think i had that question on my SAT's. that binks and his monkey business

Comment

Originally posted by ReD-CeL

how would binks do?

you forgot the second half.

If binks hit's a rock, will he crash?

What kind of shoes would be best for binks?

How much did binks pay for his recaro bucket?

How many of binks' illegitimate children are hiding in the trunk?

and finally, Who taught binks to drive?

Comment

you forget does binks eat bananas by peeling them or by cracking them and eating the inside or by drifting to the store and gettin them pre-peeled?

Also, I thought I should add, that there are still certain variables. What is the steering ratio? Is binks an African or Asian Monkey. The Asian Monkey breeds have slightly different motor skills than the African so countersteering would be less and less effective as letting go of the steering wheel. Also, is binks wearing lip-stick?

Comment

If you had a cat tied to the roof with its feet pointing up and some toast superglued to the bottom of the car with the buttered part down, which side will the car land on if it flips?

Comment

hahah, i say that the cat lands feet first

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                      If you had a cat tied to the roof with its feet pointing up and some toast superglued to the bottom of the car with the buttered part down, which side will the car land on if it flips?
                      Oh my freakin god thats hilarious!!!

Comment

if it was my cat it would land on the cat. My cat wieghs 30 pounds. no joke
                        here is a link for a picture of him:
                        http://match.com/profile/showprofile...P=U&sec=8&lp=1

look at numbers 3 and 5

its with a friend of my dads who thinks he will get chicks of the internet because of my cat. His name is sox.
                        Last edited by sdtouge; 10-25-2004, 06:54 PM.

Comment

then go to pic number 3

Comment

ive got a question...

lets say there is a RWD car and a FWD car. same horsepower, engine, driver, same everything except that the drivetrain layout.... which will be quicker to 60? how bout the 1/4 mile?

Comment

there's no such thing as centrifugal force.

I'll let clay answer the serious ones...

Comment

Working...
                              X