Problem with 240: please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 240: please help.

Ok today when I turned on my car(240sx), it would not start. So I kept trying and smoke came out of one of the battery cables, then after letting it rest my neighbor tried to start it again and it started. Then he turned it off then tried to start it again but it wouldnt start.
    When he did it I noticed the red lights on the dash near the speedometer (the ones that light up if you dont have your seat belt on, or if your oil needs changing, etc) were really dim red. Then he pulled the key out then put it back in and tried it again and the light lit up bright red and the car started. If anyone else has had this problem and knows whats wrong or how I can fix it, can you please help me. Thanks big. Later.

take out your altenator and battery and get them tested at your nearest pep boys, kragen etc. and replace if neccesary. while your there pick p a chiltons maunal so oyu can do ome work to your car with out being afraid to mess things up. it helped alot when i put my new clutch in

Comment

Working...
    X