Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arent we not supposted to be doing anything illegal and if we are arent we not supposted to discuss it on here?

If I can complain for a little while, which i dont care i am anyway...

I was at the arcade wasting my time and money(usually what i do when my girlfriend cant come out, and what i do when she can come out...) When they were holding a Initial D Tournment, and here's a kid talking about seeing some Ford? Colt or something by his house, and talking about how great it would be to auto cross with... I kinda looked at him funny and walked away, As I was walking away I noticed his shirt, a Drift Chaser was plastered all over the back... normally you'd think this kid was a real drifter... except the colt thing Well about ten minutes later I was standing there when him and another kid were talking about taking their license tests.... WTF! I just wanted to slap him... but insted...walked away....

Comment

How bout this?

This seems like a great opportunity to have members who are older than 14-16 to help answer the questions of Noob's....is there a section for "help the newbie?"

Judging from what I've seen, there are people of all skill levels on this board and denying the younger ones encouragement to post questions, even seemingly entry-level questions, might be an opportunity to welcome new members to the sport.

Other sites have stickied "Answers to Frequently Asked Questions" on their main page, so I'd think that most entry level questions/answers would be best dropped into that area.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Re: How bout this?

The NEW to DRIFTING forum was recently added.

NEW to DRIFTING
        http://www.drifting.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=65

Originally posted by craiglieberman
        This seems like a great opportunity to have members who are older than 14-16 to help answer the questions of Noob's....is there a section for "help the newbie?"

Judging from what I've seen, there are people of all skill levels on this board and denying the younger ones encouragement to post questions, even seemingly entry-level questions, might be an opportunity to welcome new members to the sport.

Other sites have stickied "Answers to Frequently Asked Questions" on their main page, so I'd think that most entry level questions/answers would be best dropped into that area.

Just my two cents.

Comment

The fact is we have done all that stuff and we continue to educate newer members on a daily basis however we an only handle so much on the forum. We think the young kids should be more concerned with getting there drivers license then doing a complex drive train conversion on a maxima.

Comment

As long as you dont sit and point fingers at EVERY 14 year old, its cool. Ive been into drifting for a little over 3 years, and im almost 14. Thats longer than a lot of people. Also, theres nothing wrong with asking how to import JDM cars. Its a good question, and one that im sure plenty of people wonder.

Comment

Nice point out there Nissanguy. I visited the site for a good 3 to 4 months before I even concisdered registering to voice my oponion. This place was awsome before it crashed and I reregistered and like a month later it was blah and I only visit once in awhile. Not to bring down the youngins but if you don't have a liscense your posting should be limited. Permits doesn't even count. Otherwise, Nissanguy stated it all very well.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                As long as you dont sit and point fingers at EVERY 14 year old, its cool. Ive been into drifting for a little over 3 years, and im almost 14. Thats longer than a lot of people. Also, theres nothing wrong with asking how to import JDM cars. Its a good question, and one that im sure plenty of people wonder.
                You guys can't afford JDM cars, wait until you get older, you'll just be thankful to get your hands on a USDM version...

Asking about how to import JDM cars is like asking, can I buy a fully automatic machine gun that was used in this and that movie? No offense... You prolly can, but in all realism it's not going to happen.

I'm saving 2 thousand bucks for a S13 right now. I'm not blessed with an endless bank account like some of you guys. I drift my truck that I currently drive, but it's just not the same as drifting a car that I enjoy drifting...

Just wait until you get older. It's great to know that you guys love drifting. It's very encouraging to the pros and the amateurs here.

Matt.

Comment

I think SMC said what he said, and all these "I love you" comments should just be kept to themselves, even if it is a joke, you're just trying to put 14 year olds down, instead your posts should be...

Good point smc (i've seen alot of these) and then not "I love you" but maybe a little more of something like this

...You kids keep it up, read everything you can and don't get to wound up in these forums, get out and try new things, stay out of trouble, and try to make a friend who actually drifts and instead of troubling everyone on the forum, if you do make a friend, that is, i'm sure if that friend is experienced you wont have a thing to worry about.....

Comment

Re: To all the 14 year old "drifters"

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                    My friends, i write this out of concern. there are a number of people on this site who can not yet drive legally. Paticularly a number of 14 year olds. This isnt going to be a long post but basicly i wan tto ask my friends who are not old enough to drive not to post. Dont post to ask questions. First of all, most the questions can be found by searching this site or google for them. And second of all we have heard them all a million time.

Nothing bugs regular users on this site more then seeing a 14 year old asking about importing rare JDM cars or whatnot. Or asking if the technique they secretly used last night in mom's van is the same one a character used on initial D. Not only that but serious drifters will visit the site, do you think they will post if half the topics some how involve initial D? or start off with "Im 14....."

Dream and have fun and listen and read, but dont ask random things, you should leark on this forum for several weeks before ever posting. And only post when you can actually ADD something. Remember relax, read but dont worry about posting.. And if your brand new, dont ask a string of questions. if you have a question ask a single question and relax.

Thank you all for listening. And thank you even more to those newbies who are reading this, who arent posting!

+1

Comment

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA
                      sorry guys but this must be the funniest post i've seen i a long time.......................dam i just realized i haven't been on here for a long time either, been ripping honda drivers over here in SA i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by MoNkEy_MaGiCx
                        i know i cant drive yet(unless if driving home from the rosebowl counts),
                        you live near the rosebowl? what school do you go to? ever seen a black and white 510 thats loud as all fcuk? i live in la canada and i pull some late-night drift runs in the rosebowl parking lot every once in a while. i dont drive it much during the day, i need my licsence first, but its my daily driver in august.

Comment

You guys have a point but, you shouldn't tell us (younger members) to not ask questions or anything. I know sometimes we can ask stupid repetitive questions but bear with us you were a newb once and everything. And how will we ever learn?
                          Most of the time I just sit back and take in the information but come on guys loosen up a bit and have fun! Oh yeah I'm 15 And I drive in empty areas and everything already else when I'm trying new stuff

Comment

Originally posted by streetkid
                            You guys have a point but, you shouldn't tell us (younger members) to not ask questions or anything. I know sometimes we can ask stupid repetitive questions but bear with us you were a newb once and everything. And how will we ever learn?
                            Most of the time I just sit back and take in the information but come on guys loosen up a bit and have fun! Oh yeah I'm 15 And I drive in empty areas and everything already else when I'm trying new stuff
                            Finding out for yourself is how you learn. I doubt any of these kids even tried looking up the books I suggested since i didnt link them. I learn from reading books and looking up information online. Took a while but it was worth it. If you're too lazy to look up the information then we're too lazy to help you out. But come on guys theres tons of information out there use it!!! And if you did look it up but dont get some concepts come and ask us, well definitely help you. I love helping out people with car stuff, people are amazed I know so much because I'm a girl. But I didn't sit there and wait for someone to give me the answer I went out there and looked for it myself. You wont retain enough information if you dont do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                              Finding out for yourself is how you learn. I doubt any of these kids even tried looking up the books I suggested since i didnt link them. I learn from reading books and looking up information online. Took a while but it was worth it. If you're too lazy to look up the information then we're too lazy to help you out. But come on guys theres tons of information out there use it!!! And if you did look it up but dont get some concepts come and ask us, well definitely help you. I love helping out people with car stuff, people are amazed I know so much because I'm a girl. But I didn't sit there and wait for someone to give me the answer I went out there and looked for it myself. You wont retain enough information if you dont do that.
                              You for a girl, you make a good point...

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                                You for a girl, you make a good point...
                                For a girl????!!!!! I'll show for you a girl!!! nah...JK

Comment

Working...
                                X