No announcement yet.

Drift Corolla GTS on Tuner Transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That S13 was a good car, about the only good car ive seen come out of that garage... I really dont like that show but I'll try to watch it, unless im out working on cars myself...which is usually what im doing...sorry TV id rather do it in real life...

Comment

I'm watching the show right now. This is one of the most intuitive episodes I've seen from them yet. I'm glad they got rid of that deuschbag who was hired to do all the exterior stuff, I didn't like him at all. I had no idea that Brian guy could drift. He did very well testing the 86. I have to say, they did a pretty simple, yet bang up job.

Comment

Originally posted by svtxchinoy
        I'm watching the show right now. This is one of the most intuitive episodes I've seen from them yet. I'm glad they got rid of that deuschbag who was hired to do all the exterior stuff, I didn't like him at all.
        Yea, I hate that "style" expert. He is just a stupid jabroni that loves rice. So he won't be on the show anymore? I'll agree, the episode wasn't half bad, but I would have gone 20v instead of GZE.

Comment

yeah it was pretty good, except for the fact that they painted it purple. uhhhhh, and that suspension guy can drift because he knows how to drive really well. that is the problem with most people today, they wanna learn how to drift, they should just learn how to drive well and control a car under many different situations, and the drifting will come easily. just my .02

- peace

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
            yeah it was pretty good, except for the fact that they painted it purple. uhhhhh, and that suspension guy can drift because he knows how to drive really well. that is the problem with most people today, they wanna learn how to drift, they should just learn how to drive well and control a car under many different situations, and the drifting will come easily. just my .02

- peace
            I totally agree wiith you 180. I'm not to fond of the idea of building a "drift" car, should be more along the lines of "setting up a car for drifting". A good driver should be able to drift any type of car. I hear too many people that want to learn to drift, yet they can't even switch lanes on a highway without snapping passengers heads. And yes, I wasn't feeling that blue/purple color they painted it. I would've just restored it or at least go the extra mile and get the JDM kouki or zenki kits. Silver top 20v would've made it interesting, but from the looks of what they did, didn't seem like they had been given much of a budget to work with. I'm not sure if the styling guy is gone for good, but I hope he is and glad he didn't touch this project.

Comment

Yeah I hate the graphics guy, he's always talking crap about how good or bad a car looks. I mean that guy was in love with the Escalade that they spend 20 grand on and left the motor stock. I too noticed how good of a driver that guy was, he had really quick hands.

Btw did anyobody notice that they put new shocks and springs in and nothing else, I thought than when you lower an 86 you have to put in a new bracket for the panhard rod so the axle stays centered in the car. I know they swapped the springs but I dunno if they were stock height or not.

It was enlightening to see just how much work it was to swap the GZE in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                Btw did anyobody notice that they put new shocks and springs in and nothing else, I thought than when you lower an 86 you have to put in a new bracket for the panhard rod so the axle stays centered in the car. I know they swapped the springs but I dunno if they were stock height or not.
                You dont need a new bracket, just an ajustable like the one the Battleversion makes. They used TRD japan springs and GC coilovers, this is a lowered car. Yeah it would have been nice if they used an ajustable panhard but then an 86 could use RCA's when lowered too, or they could have put in some swaybars, rollcage and what not, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Comment

It was definatley one of the better episodes (The silvia one sucked. The Body kit/wing combo was horrid)

I was surprised how much the make funb of the 4AG motor. it's not a bad motor. They did that with the KA motor too. Not everything is better that base. You just have to learn about it and fugure out it's querks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deluxe_247
                    You dont need a new bracket, just an ajustable like the one the Battleversion makes. They used TRD japan springs and GC coilovers, this is a lowered car. Yeah it would have been nice if they used an ajustable panhard but then an 86 could use RCA's when lowered too, or they could have put in some swaybars, rollcage and what not, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
                    So if the suspension geometry has changed wouldn't that put the axle slightly offcenter and make the car squirrely or would it be a small enough change that the driver wouldn't notice?

p.s. Other episodes I liked were the Saturn Ion Redline and Neon SRT-4. That SRT-4 was pushing 372 hp. Funny they didn't bother putting an LSD in it.

The graphics guy drives me nuts. He disses everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tight_corner
                      they should consider getting this body kit... http://www.booststore.com/ae86kits.html

especially the one at the bottom its crazy hope they have like 10-20 grand to work on it....the 240sx that they way bac was crazy but they should of got some stuff inside it was a drift car with out racing seat racing steering wheel and etc....
                      Your tachometer has serious revving problem...The guy starts the car, redline it, turn off engine and repeat...

Comment

the best part was when they said he just got his engine rebuilt and then they just rip it out. it would have been cooler if they worked with the stock rebuilt blue top

Comment

Working...
                        X