This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help choosing a good car

hi ive recently been looking at buying a car and i want to be able to use it as my drift car as well i am currently looking at buying: an 87 mr2 ,a 90 240sx,a 90 celica gt,a 85 supra,a 88 rx7,a 86 crx and a 90 honda civic hatch back and i dont know which would be the best drift car to buy.thank you any tips would be helpful

hmmm im only 17, im livign in Australia so that means i can drive wifout a teacher now w00t and im getting a 180sx (240sx) i think that wat u call them in usa, and yeh 180sx is a sick car to drift wif one of them est i rkn =)

Comment

Re: i need help choosing a good car

Originally posted by driftkid
      hi ive recently been looking at buying a car and i want to be able to use it as my drift car as well i am currently looking at buying: an 87 mr2 ,a 90 240sx,a 90 celica gt,a 85 supra,a 88 rx7,a 86 crx and a 90 honda civic hatch back and i dont know which would be the best drift car to buy.thank you any tips would be helpful

Happy 16th birthday in 3 months.

Comment

Civic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

CRX!!!!!!jokin...

the FF are cool for the grip touge but for drifting i recomend the FR cars...and please use the search button, there is a hole bunch of threads with full info about which one its the better selection. and remember some of the models are cheaper to tune-up..

peace...

note. FC3S its not recomended for newbies......
          Last edited by twcfc3s; 07-12-2004, 02:43 AM.

Comment

If you get a Civic, make it look like a real street racer, not a rice racer

Comment

If you get a Civic, make it look like a real street racer, not a rice racer

lol wat do u mean by a rice racer =P

Comment

thanks guys i appreciate all the help

Comment

haha man

Comment

Go old school AE86 or 240

Comment

If you find any of these cars, take them for a test drive, if you like how they drive, and you do reserach and consider the pros and cons of the cars, then you'll make the right decieson.

I'll break these cars down for you.

MR2= Its a nice lightweight sports car, but its MR which puts the majority of weight in the back of the car, making it oversteer quite a bit, also it is a little drift happy because of that. This car makes drive really fun...its a sports car...a fullbred sports car

240SX= Lightweight, FR car with a 4cly, its about the best setup you can find for drift, and grip. I give it 2 thumbs up, and they're fun to drive... its sporty but still conseritive.

Celica= Sporty, but thats about all it has going for it, I like its looks but other then that... I personally dont like the car.

Supra= HEAVY!!! this car is like a FAT BIATCHY on a moped...but its a turbocharged moped, so it goes fast but can turn a corner for crap, also I've heard of these engines going KA-Boom quite fequrently.

FC3S= Neat, Sport, Stylish and Downright sexy. But its like that Hot girl in your math class... Tight... but too hard to get... Good luck mastering that car... but its still a cool car...only the brave boys get the hot girl...think about that...

CRX= I love this car, its just sooo cute... ha..It has a major downfall of being FF, which kills its drift hopes, you could touge with it...because its soo lightweight and sporty.

Civic= Once again the FF part kills the drift hopes but it could be used for touge though i recomend the EG6 or 92-95 Verison more.

NOTE: This is all just the writers opion based off what he knows, how the cars acted when he drove them, or in the case of a ceilca rode along in.

Comment

I agree, go for the 240SX. Cheap, easy to fix, can always upgrade to the SR20 motor if you ever get the cash for it. Finding a good AE86 these days, especially in the US is hard to come by. Now that drifting is taking off here, the price of those cars have skyrocketed, so not a good time to be looking for those now. Some are asking 3g's for a near burned out motor and rusting fenders. Not worth it unless your a Fujiwa-nabe =P RX-7, I'd go look at it with a mechanic. Most FC's I've seen need a serious overhaul. If I had some money, I'd go out and get a 240 and do a sil-eighty conversion. Benson Hsu is the only one I've seen do this so far. His car looks great.

Comment

Those cars are every where in the bay area and can be found really cheap and in good condtion.

Comment

Pho like the soup?

Comment

man b original.....get yo self a tight azz geo metro or a tight azz dodge stratus.......heres some inspiration
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X