Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D (This SUNDAY) July 11th

Formula D Infineon Raceway Sonoma, California July 11, 2004

Formula D Infineon on stage to be the biggest event yet!!!
    While competition usually is cut-off around 35 drivers due to event time restrictions, Formula D Infineon has entered 40+ competitors in what is set to be the biggest event yet! Demand has allowed the number of competitors to soar to this level. Everyone is excited to see the sames stars and the new faces making their debut. More than 15 competitors had to be turned away for this event.
    Competitors:

Rhys Millen
    Chris Forsberg
    Andy Yen
    Vaughn Gittin
    Calvin Wan
    Ross Petty
    >Ken Gushi
    Ernie Fixmer
    Dai Yoshihara
    James Bondurant
    Ryan Hampton
    Charlie Ongsingco
    Tony Schulz
    Kurt Schilling
    Rich Rutherford
    Samuel Hubinette
    Benson Hsu
    Hubert Young
    Alex Pfeiffer
    Taka Aono
    Hiro Sumida
    Tony Angelo
    Verena Mei
    Ben Schwartz
    Eric Jacobs
    Tyler Mcquarrie
    Barry Wong
    Steven Oliberos
    Tsutoma Maehana
    takahiro Fujita
    Alex Chang
    Jay Lapid
    Casper Canul
    Yoshie shuyama
    Wes Hamachi
    Stephen Papadakis
    Todd Ho
    Al Lagura
    Eric Threats
    Ali Aljibouri
    James Evans
    Brian Forster
    Ko Kagiya

Key Notes:

- Making the trek al the way from Houston are Cartune's own Ali Aljibouri and Eric Threats.

- Local favorite's Todd Ho and Al Lagura set the stage for the No. CA guys

- Import Drag racing driver Stephen Papadakis makes his drifting debut in a nicely built 240. Not one for talking Steph has mentioned he is just out to drive and whatever happens, happens

- We have two female entrants making their debut in Sonoma: Verena Mei and
    Yoshie Shuyama

-After much anticipation the JIC RX8 will be piloted by Ryan Hampton.

-A documentary following the drifting happenings of Ross Petty will be filming the man and his escapades at Sonoma. He along with the Grip Video crew will be flying out from Hawaii.

Current Driver Rankings:

- Samuel Hubinette - Team Mopar/Dodge Viper 212 Points
    - Chris Forsberg - Team Motorex 169 Points
    - Ken Gushi - Team Gushi Auto/Rotora 154 Points
    - Hiro Sumida - Club 4AG 140 Points
    - Vaughn Gittin - Falken 129 Points
    - Dai Yoshihara - Pacific Rim 129 Points
    - Taka Aono - Club 4AG 128 Points
    - Andy Yen - Autolink 119 Points
    - Hubert Young - Falken 117
    - Calvin Wan - Falken 115 Points
    - Alex Pfieffer - Falken 113 Points
    - Ernie Fixmer - Rotora 111 Points
    - Tyler MCquarrie - Jasper Performance 74 Points
    - Rhys Millen - RMR/Pontiac 67 Points
    - Derrick Rogers - Cowboy Club 67 Points
    - Ben Schwartz - Falken 64 Points
    - Eric Jacobs - DG Trials 62 Points
    - Tony Schulz - Toyo 56 Points
    - Benson Hsu - HIN/Hot Wheels 55
    - Casper Canul - Manster Fab 55 Points

Woo hoo! Thanks for the special mention, this website rocks! We are very much looking forward to this event and hope to put on a killer show. I come from a road racing background and absolutely love road courses!!! Stop by the Cartune trailer while your out and check out the custom built 240SX driven by Eric Threats and the only Skyline competing in Formula D, driven by your truly.

Comment

Holy Crud!

Look at the size of that list! Holy moley! I just hope there won't be any time issues. I say... first round of eliminations is decided by... COINTOSS! Then followed by "rock, paper, scissors". Then directly into a "red light, green light" elimination. Next a spirited, "heads up 7-up". Finally followed by, "duck duck goose" That should take us right into finals. Are you with me?

Comment

To all that will attend, PLEASE instead of shouting one more time because your unedjucated eyes cannot judge the competition allow the judges to make their own judgments. If you all want to shout something it should be "Viper verses Viper" loudly in unison.

Comment

wish i could go, which means we better have some good videos of this event and that would be awsome to see viper verses viper, that could be the whole competition right there. Anyway, hope the people that are going have fun, and get some good pics and videos

Comment

Re: Holy Crud!

Originally posted by JasperShowWRX
            Look at the size of that list! Holy moley! I just hope there won't be any time issues. I say... first round of eliminations is decided by... COINTOSS! Then followed by "rock, paper, scissors". Then directly into a "red light, green light" elimination. Next a spirited, "heads up 7-up". Finally followed by, "duck duck goose" That should take us right into finals. Are you with me?
            If there is a tie the winner can be decided by a sudden death match of hot hands.

Comment

oh man i'm so pumped, this is gonna be dope!

Comment

WOOHOO!!!!!!! do they allow spectators to bring camras in??? if so....i better go charge up my video camra battery!! im excited!!!

BTW: i forgot....what time do the gates open and what time does it end??
                Last edited by craziazzmofo66; 07-05-2004, 08:55 AM.

Comment

check the flyer but it starts Sunday at Noon and ends around 6pm

Comment

Formula D

I'll be there bright and early.

Comment

CRAP! Sonoma is too damned far for my sheltered, So-Cal self. I'll just have to wait for the August 29th Formula D at Irwindale.

Comment

remember guys, "Viper Verses Viper!!!!!!" shout it loud and proud. And get good footage.

Comment

damn i wanted to go i was gonna go with ross petty and the rest of the rotary power grip video crew but there was no room o well but im sure that ill be able to go the one after this on august 29 but yea i cant wait i hope ross is doin good out there!!! man hes a cool a*s guy but yea i hope to c some good pics and vids

Comment

Im gonna be there what time should i leave it says its starts at 12 i live about an hour away from there so maybe i should leave at 10 just in case of traffic hmm...

Comment

Working...
                            X