Mucle Cars and Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mucle Cars and Trucks

Can Mucle Cars and Trucks Drift as gd as imports.This is something that I would like to know.
    Last edited by GM_Racer; 10-22-2004, 10:06 PM.

And the answer is - Rhys Millen.

Comment

I think he means old muscle cars. As good as certain imports: Probably not. Can they do it? Yes. Any Rear-wheel drive car with over 100 HP can drift.

Comment

My dream is to create either a Orange 70 Dodge charger or a 79 Trans Am (Giant golden eagle on hood) with a Toyota 1UZ V-8, 6-speed, modern suspension from C5 or something, Volk Te-37's and coilovers.

How cool would that be?

I think the problem with muscle cars and most trucks is the solid rear axle, they don't take well too loading. But then again, enter the AE86, its got a 4-bar rear end, lots of people upgraded muscle cars too that, if you had a good weight distribution (AKA no big block) it might work eh?

Comment

How cool would that be. A JDM'd IROC camaro. sick

Comment

I mean that Cars that Have Real American Muscle Cars and Trucks

Comment

I Drift my Truck and it hasd a Big Block the Weight Distribution is gd my sway bar keeps it down and its a long bed so it slides out really gd

Comment

well, it seems that while these front heavy cars can drift, it seems like it would be harder to control and negotiate a series of drifts, since it would be much harder to regain balance before you reach the next corner.

most of the best drift cars seem to be very balanced

also, don't older muscle cars weigh like over 4500 Lbs?

Comment

Anything rear wheel drive is "driftable" in the end it comes down to driver skill. Then again somethings will always drift better than others. I also agree with what Clayton says. Oh and Octagon, not everyone consider Rhys Millen to be that great a drifter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsoup

I think the problem with muscle cars and most trucks is the solid rear axle, they don't take well too loading. But then again, enter the AE86, its got a 4-bar rear end, lots of people upgraded muscle cars too that, if you had a good weight distribution (AKA no big block) it might work eh?

you can drift anything, the supra motor seems original bu tunnessecary. If your gonna build a muscle car drifter and you put a import motor in it, its not a muscle car any more is it?

Comment

Its only a matter of time before we see the well known Muscle cars getting into this sport. The newest thing in the Muscle car scene is the Pro-Touring look, which IMO is perfect for drifting. I'll even go as far to say that the older Muscle cars have more aftermarket roadracing support then my 3rd gen Camaro.

Comment

when i think muscle cars, i think things like 70 charger, or 65 impala. big boats with tons of torque.

Comment

Drifting, to me is the Best thing since My First Drive in My Truck,I Love to Do it and it keeps getting Better Every Time I do it.I just Came back from a Sweet Drive I just had the best time out Driveing my truck.I was on the Highway and some stuped guy tryed to cut me off so I cut him off after that he passed then he got off the highway so I followed him off as we drove we passed a corner that I Drifted a few days ageo and knew that it was a good corner to get side ways on so I got on the side of him and as we entered the corner I sped up and hit the Ebrake and Drifted right in front of his a@@.He was so scared that he hit the brakes and tryed to get me back by trying to follow me so I pulled up to a light and saw that there were no cars comeing so I reved the Engine and took off like a Person running fron the Cops.Thought that I share it with everyone that thinks that Mucle Car and trucks are not fun lol.
                          Last edited by GM_Racer; 10-24-2004, 03:19 PM.

Comment

You hit the ebrake in an automatic-trannied pickup truck? You got some talent, let me tell you. What do you throw it in neutral and ebrake it with your foot?

Drifting in front of passerby on a public road?

You need to leave now and come back when you have a clue. Also, if you spell good as "gd" one more time I am going to beat you with your own conecting rods. Also, they are BRAKES not BREAKS. You can break your brakes but you can't brake breaks. Got it?

Thank you for playing.
                            Last edited by Parry; 10-23-2004, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Here's a sick Pro-Touring 1st gen ...

Comment

Working...
                              X