Drifting Sucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want it to become popular.
    True enthusiasts may get a bad name/image.
    The old babied rwd japanese sports cars will be harder and harder to find and more expensive.
    They'll all get totalled by dumb kids and be gone forever!!!
    Well, I guess that's worst-case scenario, but I'm still afraid of that.
    I sound like a pessimist. Who knows, some good things may come of it.

We'll see how long/if it lasts.

Comment

Hey i'm a owner of a Integra GS-R....

and your probably think auto-matically RICER, but then again i don't really have anything datz rice about my car and infact its more or less built for AutoX and Track days. Do I drag.... NO.... when people come up at the light and rev up at me i just look straight at them and laugh... (just to make them stop "street racing") and now i wanna get into drifting... why??? because i want to learn all aspects of controling my car to the fullest (even sideways) and of course i luv the adrenaline kick i get out of it. And totally agree its better to help newbies (like me) on how to drift.... and as for the F&F comments.... look at all the people who got into drifting because of Initial D.

Just my $0.02

Comment

Originally posted by Fuuma0083
        look at all the people who got into drifting because of Initial D.

Just my $0.02
        I got into drifting cause of Initial D. Is it wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by TruenoCoupe
          I got into drifting cause of Initial D. Is it wrong?
          No i don't think its wrong, what i was trying to say (but didn't) was that something like F&F or Initial D first introduced that sport/hobby just like some it was Option video/magazine.

It's not about the introduction of the sport/hobby its what you make of it.

And an added side note you will have the "Posers" but that's not determined by when they got into the sport/hobby but rather how much heart and soul they put into it.

Just my $0.02

Comment

dont mess with initial d

i was introduced into drifting from rally cars. i learned about the street application from my friend kenshiro gushi (maybe uve heard of him). then initial d came into my life and i love it. the thing that pisses me off is the know-it-alls that play that game that swear that they can drift even tho its just a game.

i play that game but when i get into my car i realize its just a game and that my car has the same limitations as it did before. thats the important part when ur learning. u have to know ur limitations.

and as for introductions and spirit, thats totally right. each person gets introduced into drifting a different way but if ur really a drifter and not a poser (the difference is clearly visible) then it makes no difference where ur beginnings were. im proud to watch initial d and play the game. cuz i know thats where my spirit stemmed from and i cant change that.

popularity of drifting is a double edged sword. the more recognition, the more parts. but with more parts, comes more expensive cars (and parts) as well as increased awareness of the 5-0. just something to keep in mind for those that only see half the story.

Comment

Working...
            X