Drifting Sucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting Sucks...

too many people are getting into drifting for the wrong reasons... and its pissin me off!!! we do not need some inexperienced drivers going down a mountain during busy traffic... or some dumb*ss speeding through a school zone during school hours.. taking innocent lives... thats why ive decided that the so cali drift kings are participating in events only!!! as should everyone else.. damn that movie 2f2f... just more problems for us... now were gonna be hunted down by tha popo's (even more than usuall)... one of my friends got pulled over 3 times on tha way home from hot import nights just for having a car that looks fast... hahah, neways... keep it sideways... legally... im out...
    yes
    18.56%
    no
    44.33%
    maybe
    4.12%
    keep it on tha dl...
    32.99%

true that josh i know you feel now the are going to make a moive just like fast and furious but it will die down life this weekend laterz

Comment

haha

hey man dont you remember when fast and furious came out ?
      how many stupid lil cars tried to race up on you like they were lineing up to rev. and show off their street glow lights lol!
      didnt you hear NOS sales went up like 40% after that dumb movie came out but know one cant deni they went and saw it right when it came out.
      p.s did anyone see the HATCHIROKU meet at life plaza it was tight!

Comment

After that movie came out all I could remember was getting pulled over every 5min...and everything was legal too!!

Comment

ahahahahaha!

yea i forgot about the a** hole cops that would pull you over just for looking fast hahahaha.

Comment

abel we should start a new car-thing like driving in reverse or something lol, or ralleying or jumping your car or seeing how slow you can go lol
            life friday k?
            peace

Comment

I just hope it dosnt turn into a FAD!! Sad to say, but I agree that alot of people will get into it for the wrong reasons. And alot of people will make the real drifters look bad by doing dumb things. I really hope nobody gets hurt. The learning curve for drifting is pretty high, so people will quickly find out if this is something they really want to do (after totalling their car, or hitting someone). Drifting on the streets is a bad thing but its probably going to happen anyway. Just like street racing ... people dont use their common sense.
              Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 06-25-2003, 10:08 PM.

Comment

drifting for wrong reasons.

true.
                drifting should only be done in a controlled area. people with lil or no drifting expeirence should go to some of the drift events they will most likely have a beginner area they had one at the drift showoff even teaching you how to drift.
                so be safe dont crash. . . . . .

/and try to keep up\

Comment

yes, though I strongly agree with controlled tracks and all, but were any of the tracks in initial D controlled. As for fast and the furious, yes that made everything lame, but sometimes its an advantage to show all those who try to race you, who the real master is (ex: a teen in an integra tried showing off to my dad, who was in an 89 civic, so they raced and my dad soked him..haha). Those who chose to race are responsible for their own lives and others as well. Be safe!

Comment

Drifting

I think people want to get into drifting b/c of the way it is presented in magazines and in videos. Most magazines covering drifting seem to be encouraging it. The problem is, in most parts of the country there are no legal places to drift. So drifters are going to take to the streets.

In the end, after the popularity comes and goes there will only be those who really want to be involved. Most of the import street racers I know are big nerds and thats cool 'cause (sadly!) I fit in. Pretty much drifting will be the same.

The biggest group of people I have ever had a conversation about imports with was at a honors/medical luncheon.

TF&TF did change things for the worse. b4 that movie, I would be like oh thats Rturos turbo del sol, oh thats Franks Type R, oh thats Diegos mx6, oh thats that dudes Supra TT. But then the whole freakin neighborhood was completely riced out. It didn't bother me, but it was wierd. Even after all of that the people that took this stuff to the next level were always the big nerds like myself. We simply made it our life and we lived that life to the fullest.

Comment

true dat...

and it is true... now that i think about it... everyone on my neighborhood cul-de-sac has somekind of bolt on on their cars...

Comment

i think people should think about drifting and the many things it'll do to you and your car...alot of people only want to get into it now cause it's the "in thing" or "it's cool"....they goin to be goin all over drifting on the streets causing accidents then it's goin to be blamed on drifting and all the old school drifters are goin to be busted, hunted down , not even safe to cross the street kine...all because some people think that it'll make them cool...but hopefully when they do try they'll stay on the tracks at leats untill they learn how to control it...but i figure some of the guys that think its goin to make them cool will crash their cars, end up having to pay alot to get it fixed then relieze that they really don't want to be drifters....if you wanna be a drifter because you think the sport is fun and you understand the consiquences (sp?) and your not doin it for attention and not doin it cause you think it'll make you cool then all the power to you....

Comment

Re: Drifting Sucks...

Originally posted by Dori Star
                          too many people are getting into drifting for the wrong reasons... and its pissin me off!!! we do not need some inexperienced drivers going down a mountain during busy traffic... or some dumb*ss speeding through a school zone during school hours.. taking innocent lives... thats why ive decided that the so cali drift kings are participating in events only!!! as should everyone else.. damn that movie 2f2f... just more problems for us... now were gonna be hunted down by tha popo's (even more than usuall)... one of my friends got pulled over 3 times on tha way home from hot import nights just for having a car that looks fast... hahah, neways... keep it sideways... legally... im out...
                          I argee totally, I have been in drifting for about 3 years... and the interest has changed alot like to many ricers

Comment

lol

Comment

hahah, relax

its just a name, im not saying that im the best driver/drifter in tha world.. ive had some crash time... haha, i just thought of tha name, and it stuck.. better than some of tha name's that car crews are thinking up.. example: "team leathal" "team ballistik" "team no limit" wtf? haha neways, id hope that i would become one of the best drifters in tha world, but for now, to myself.. im a drift king...
                              Last edited by Dori Star; 06-26-2003, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X