No announcement yet.

Wheres everybody from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yeah..my friend has an FC..i think its just a GX-L or whatever one of those all motor versions are, and its always broken...so is his FD...but than again..hes crashed it twice so thats prob why his FD's all messed up..but still......rotary problems, so yeah. Probably a 180 is what i will end up importing

Comment

Hey man, don't be trashing the rotary. It's all the dumba** people out there that can't tune for crap and just start throwing things on there, turn the boost up and think they're good to go. It's people like that that give rotaries a bad name. On the other hand though, I guess that can be said for any car, but rotaries are more touchy when it comes to modding and tuning.

[RANT MODE OFF]

There are few people that I know that have had their engines last over 200K miles on the original motor (of course those were NA, I mean what can you expect from a turbo motor? It's a performance engine for crying out loud.) Hell, my motor should have blown around 40K miles ago, but it's still kickin'.

If you're just going to use the car for drifting, then yeah a 180SX would be better. But if you want to do any type of competitive racing, I would suggest the RX-7 not because I own one, but seriously tell me which car you see more in racing: the RX-7 or the 180SX. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying rotaries are really reliable, because they are not, but if you take care of it it should last a good amount of time. Also, don't think that I dislike the 180SX, I like them a lot. I would have probably gotten one if all I wanted to do is drift, but that's not my sole intention. I wanted a good all around car (that I could afford).

Fastback180: The AV isn't that bad, there are LOTS of long and wide open roads that you can have some fun on that cops never roam ( not that I condone any illegal behavior............hehehe). And like I said before, there are 2 pretty convenient race tracks out here. I do hate the long drive to L.A. though.

Boy am I in a pissy mood today!!

Comment

Name is Rudy

Drive a 2000 Daewoo Lanos... under the hood is a different story.........

Working toward getting a R32 GT-R in Blue Mica.... Beautiful.

other than that.... the touge life is the only life baby !

Well Keep it Sideways and Drive Safe.

Comment

Name is Shan (pronounced Shawn), im from Toronto, CAN. Im pretty much open minded to everything...foods, music, sports, wutevers hype. (Guess u could say im cultured, haha, since im of mixed nationality and have been outside North America alot )

As for rides...well, cant really hate on anything, since i have owned/driven various makes and models and each one has it ups and downs! Im more into tuned cars rather than show. Be it a sickass JDM Silvia by Signal, tweeked M3 by Renntech or crazy Vette Z06 done by Lingenfelter!

Got into drifting via Initial D haha jokes! OK ok...ill admit, Initial D helped my craving along. I have alsays 'practiced' since I learned of it some years ago in Japan, and hoped it would become of interest here. Otehrwise im still doing 1/4 mile and just started circuit racing here. Glad i have a RWD now so i can get more into drifting, but teh scene is nothing here yet..expcet for a few of us who know of it and start a club. My ride is a 3.8L turbo Fiero GT with full done suspension, brakes, exhuast, ecu work, rims, tires and some interior work NOW i juss have to gt da damn thign RUNNIGN RIGHT!

Comment

Hey guys...

My name is Darren and I just discovered the site a few minutes ago. I'm from Portland, OR, up in the usually-rainy (great for drifting) Pacific Northwest. Of course, lately the weather has been perfect for riding my R6, so I can't complain.

I have an 86 AE86 hatch that has seen better days and an 89 240SX hatch that is about to be sold.

Glad to meetcha...

Darren

Comment

welcome to drifting.com darren

Comment

Hi guys just registered here.

Um.. heres the stats.

Loc-Southern Cali
                Car-(Actually I'm looking for a car right now, so no car yet)
                Likes- RX-7, Sil-Eighties, and 240s
                Food-Sushi and Mash Patatoes
                Drink-SObes and Orange Sodas
                Music-Techno, trance, drum n bass, classic rock, alternative, french rap

Yea...thats about it. Oh and so you know, I'm a girlie.

Comment

welcome...

welcome to drifting.com forum, im josh, hit me up if you need nething...

Comment

where in southern cali u at?...im in the AV..maybe once I finally get my car, everyone on here could make some touge runs together

Comment

yup...

just hit me up... ill run too... after i get my 180 that is...

Comment

Actually I live in Corona (Near Riverside), boyfriend in Mira Loma. Is AV Apple Valley?? I don't know much around there, my boyfriend might though. We're always looking for new places to go without worries of the fuzzy wuzzy.

I'm all up for making runs, for when I do get a car. Which if my bank gives me my money, end of this week.

We go up to Mt. Wilson for runs (Up 210 and 2 Angeles Crest), its like an hour away away but worth it. Its a really awesome course, just some of those turns with the drops...yeesh. Enough to wet your panties lol. We mostly push uphill, downhill his brakes start to fade.

I video tape our runs, so it would help if we had bucket seats and harnesses...what I'd do for a harness. So I'm planning to make a website and put all the footage on it, including pictures of the cars and drivers. Take some pictures of the best turns high speed and hair pins. Just need to think of a name for it.

So yea...maybe we can make a list or something and start doing runs together, sounds pretty tight.

Oh yea...guys check out my other tread about helping me find my first car.
                        Last edited by Wickdmarz; 06-03-2003, 07:05 AM.

Comment

My name is Ernie...
                          I am in SoCal. I am from Washington State, but I went to Japan soon after I joined the military. I then came back here and am stationed in Camp Pendleton California as of July 2002. I am getting out shortly so I can compete full on in the D1 driver search and hopefully make it to D1, hehehe. I live near Sam of www.jspec.com in Diamond Bar on the weekends.

car: I am usually driving a dark blue 240 hatchback with a white S15 front end.

Music: I usually like The Offspring when going sideways....Metallica, 3 doors down, blink 182....

Food/drink: Peruvian, Mexican, sweet tea....

I like: all Japanese drift format type cars, rx7, laurels, cefiros, S13,14,15 and R32,33,34 Nissan Crew (w/RB26), big Toyota sedans, big Nissan Sedans, AE86(first Japanese car) No preference when it comes to looks...only handling probably would have to go with the S13 coupe since I am most comfortable in it. Thats all for now, talk more later, Ernie

Comment

Ernie, do you speak Japanese?

Comment

Sorry, but very little...I was there for 3 years, but only learned what I needed regarding cars and a little with the girls. I can get by, but I would not say I am fluent in Japanese, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie Fixmer I live near Sam of www.jspec.com in Diamond Bar on the weekends.

car: I am usually driving a dark blue 240 hatchback with a white S15 front end.
                                were you at diamond plaza last week?
                                dark blue 240 hatchback with a white S15 front end... that sounds familiar.... hit us up this weekend... friday actually, around 7:30... towards tha back of arcade infinity... hehe, and tell jspec sam i said whuddup....

Comment

Working...
                                X