Comment

haha

BFK FOR LIFE FOR EVER AHHHHHHH! ! ! ! !

Comment

Forum Members

Please stop arguing on this forum.

Comment

lol

u guys are funny in here. i dun bash one car over another. if you have a 500 dollar car, or a 60,000 super sessy drift machine, it is all about the driver and that is that in my opinion. drifting is a driver's sport. long live drift*sideways is best

optionboy

Comment

YES!!!

thankyou option boy... thats what ive been trying to tell them...

Comment

Re: tight...

Originally posted by Dori Star
                  isnt tha mazda cosmo the mx6 here... ?
                  no, we never got the cosmos, like any other great cars that we never get. cosmos had 3 rotor rotary, and f/r.

for me, it was in like 88 or 89 when i lived on the Rock(Okinawa).

Comment

sorry for the sour note, but I need to vent-- my blunt and honest *opinion*

i've been aware of it since around '97 and only started really getting interested in it around the turn of the century.

IMHO drifting is the new rice. Done properly it's cool...but very few people are even remotely good at it, yet everyone wants to emulate it. People say street racing is *Censored**Censored**Censored*? And people get killed? Canyon related accidents have soared exponentially in the last couple years..i'm scared to see where it's headed. In the last 4 months there have been close to 50 accidents at X location. This has caused numerous road closures, as well as unwanted attention from the authorities because DOT is fed up with shelling out tons of money to pay people to replace busted guard rails.

Ive been canyon running longer than I have been into drifting...and canyon running has nothing to do with drifting. I don't really like this misconception being thrown around that canyon running and drifting go hand in hand. I can't even count the amount of times i've heard of young kids going up the canyon thinking they could drive and wind up wasting their (or parent bought) machine and crying about it later. Ironically, everyone goes up to the canyon talking about drift, yet the majority of the accidents are from understeer.

drifting takes a lot of time, practice, and money. Crashing can and will happen and you'll wreck more than one car learning...

Comment

i live in pomona....

cant say ive seen you for being so popular.....

Comment

For those of us in Az, we use to do high speed desert highway runs... Pretty fun. Had to use all three lanes on the two lane highway to keep the car going... Yeah, it was nuts...

I completely agree that the folks talking about mountain runs in the same token as drifting doesn't really understand it. There's more grip skills used in mountain runs than drift, and even in the turns where drifting can be used, it's not the big lurid long drawn out slides, nor the wide angle tail out full counterlocked drift... Stuff like that gets you killed...

More often than not, drifts are used becuase the road traction are pretty lousy on those mountain roads, and in order to make the corners, some of the minor tricks must be used. There are more slight 4 wheel slides, than true drift...

Now, in WRC, you will see those guys drift, because they have firm instructions on the upcoming course, but they still don't get the car to the extreme angles as seen in circuit drifting because they still want to see the road first before they commit full counter locked into a corner.

Comment

back in 96 or 97 i use to hang out at a shop called online here in san diego. one day it started to rain, the owner looked at me and asked me if i knew what a drift was. when i told him no he had a funny lookin grin on his face. he told me to get inside one of the customers cars so he could show me. we pulled out into the back parking lot then he told me to put my seat belt on. to make a long story short, i have never been soooooooo scared in my life!!! we came so close to hitting multiple poles and those parking curb things i almost pooped in my pants! yet i loved every minute of it. after that i was hooked.

Comment

Sadly, i became a car freak after i saw the fast and the furious. it was the darkest time in my life of cars. soon i became aware of the two sides of the import world, the rice side and the non honda side. Since i didnt (and still dont) have money to dump into a car to make it a dragster, i looked into other things i could do. i was watchin the speed channel and the WRC Rally came on and i was hooked on it. i was up all night lookin at the cars and then i found a Initial D site. I bought the DVD and found out about drifting. Im from Mississippi so there aint any drift show that come out here so it was the best i could do. I am now 15 and a permint , i did my first accutal drift 3 months ago in my uncles 240sx. I still do not have my own car but always hope to stay sideways

̑؍
                            Attached Files

Comment

I first got into the car scene by my older brother who brought an import tuner home and I looked at it and I thought some of the cars were dam cool (i know it's sad). Then my brother started telling me how lame those cars were and he showed me some cars from Japan that were real quality. I got into the drift scene by (none other) my brother. He showed me one clip and I was hooked. Every day when I got back from school I would go on my comp. and look for drift cars, drift vids, drift techniques, the whole works. I'm still not very knowledgeable about drifting and stuff but I'm still workin on that. Hey, it's not bad for a 14 year old I'm way ahead of my brother when he was this age.

Comment

That's actually pretty cool. For a 14-year-old, you seem to know what you're talking about. At least you don't make crazy assumptions and things. By the time you reach my age, 19, you'll probably be a really good driver.

As for me, I started canyon-running a few years ago with people who had s13s, s14s, rx7s, and corollas..... shortly after, I got into drift. That's basically it. So far, I'm the only one who hasn't been involved in a bad crash.

Comment

Working...
                                X