No announcement yet.

Ask FORMULA D Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any buttonwillow events at all???????? sorry im lazy and dont like to drive far
    At this time we have not looked at Buttonwillow as an option

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D
      Are you serious? The events are very expensive passions to say the least. I still steal ketchup packets from McDonalds if that helps
      I steal the Taco Bell Wild Sause... I have the money, I steal it anyways... I also steal the sporks from there too... I just love stealing the sporks...

I wave a V with my hands and tell them "Live long and prosper." I do this all with Spock's accent...

Matt.

Comment

I would ask if you guys are going to hold any events in Hawaii but I already know the answer is no because of two reasons, 1. traveling costs, and 2. our track sucks. So my question is, if more sponsors get involved (to front traveling costs), and when our new track is built (2 years?), would you guys ever consider holding an event in Hawaii?

Comment

SCCA and Formula D

Is Formula D still sanctioned by SCCA?

I'm just curious because the fliers don't mention SCCAs name anymore. I'm a big fan boy of SCCA also as they breed good race events. I love Formula D also... I just thought the partnership was awesome...

Matt.

Comment

What are the chances of Formula D hosting an event in Las Vegas at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway's road course? It's a great course, I've watched a lot of classic dogfights happen there (at least, in my eyes), and it proposes an exciting track for both driver and spectator. The only issue there would be the seating, which I'm sure could be arranged better with the speedway officials. Let me know if you're interested in contact numbers for the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
              D1 wants to remain the "World Drift Championship".When D1 first launched,that's what it was reffered to.Only one league can be on the top,and that's how they want to keep it.They want everything else to be a step below that.Also,they're not releasing their top 16,because that would take away from that league being the top league if its top drivers competed elsewhere.They really don't want to risk anything that may degrade,damage,or ruin their status.

Then why won't they allow their top 16 drivers to judge? That would seem to honor D1, would it not?

Comment

1. are you holding eney events in the midatlantic are va, dc,md?

2. what about partnering with d1 so that d1 is on top and fd will be the jumping point for americans (i read somthing about a d2 as a jumpimg off point in japan) then you will have a formula 3000 to f1, or bush to nextel type thing. other wise you may get a problem similer to american open wheel racing.

unless your goal is to be the top dog witch abarently is d1s goal

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                  Then why won't they allow their top 16 drivers to judge? That would seem to honor D1, would it not?
                  Then it would associate D1 with another league,one which they would consider lower.They're already creating a lower league called D2,that's the only lower league they'll want to associate themselves with.Making D2 the step below D1,then everything else comes below D2.

Comment

I would ask if you guys are going to hold any events in Hawaii but I already know the answer is no because of two reasons, 1. traveling costs, and 2. our track sucks. So my question is, if more sponsors get involved (to front traveling costs), and when our new track is built (2 years?), would you guys ever consider holding an event in Hawaii?
                    Yes we will go anywhere there are competitors and tracks and fans that will support drifting.

Is Formula D still sanctioned by SCCA?
                    Yes they still sanction the events. They have doen a great job this year. Most skeptics realized that right after the first events

What are the chances of Formula D hosting an event in Las Vegas at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway's road course? It's a great course, I've watched a lot of classic dogfights happen there (at least, in my eyes), and it proposes an exciting track for both driver and spectator. The only issue there would be the seating, which I'm sure could be arranged better with the speedway officials. Let me know if you're interested in contact numbers for the track.
                    Interestinggly enough drifting content in Vegas could become mpre prevalent in the near future. As far as LVMS see the answer to the first question. Yes

Many of you know potential reasons why, but this is probably not the place to go on record about this. Feint has a good answer for now.

1. are you holding eney events in the midatlantic are va, dc,md?
                    Yes we have looked in this region. Right now we are leaning more towards the Tri-State area.

2. what about partnering with d1 so that d1 is on top and fd will be the jumping point for americans (i read somthing about a d2 as a jumpimg off point in japan) then you will have a formula 3000 to f1, or bush to nextel type thing. other wise you may get a problem similer to american open wheel racing.
                    Right after D1 2003 we asked them if they wanted to do this and they said no. At this point in the game they had not made plans or alerted us of any other future D1 events. We told them we wanted to make sure there was continuing drift content for 2004 and asked them if they wanted to partner. The made it clear they did not want that. We are very familar with the issues OWRS and IRL face and we have relationships with both sides. We can only do and make changes for what we do. We cannot make anyone else do anything. We are not trying to label FD as a 2nd tier series or trying to beat out anyone. We are only going to do what we have planned from the beginning and that is to have as many great drifting events as we can in as many places in North America as possible. We will continue to develop American drivers as much as we possibly can and if we decide to open up the competition to other D1 drivers down the road some time they will be as welcome as anyone else that rides with us

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D

Right after D1 2003 we asked them if they wanted to do this and they said no. At this point in the game they had not made plans or alerted us of any other future D1 events. We told them we wanted to make sure there was continuing drift content for 2004 and asked them if they wanted to partner. The made it clear they did not want that. We are very familar with the issues OWRS and IRL face and we have relationships with both sides. We can only do and make changes for what we do. We cannot make anyone else do anything. We are not trying to label FD as a 2nd tier series or trying to beat out anyone. We are only going to do what we have planned from the beginning and that is to have as many great drifting events as we can in as many places in North America as possible. We will continue to develop American drivers as much as we possibly can and if we decide to open up the competition to other D1 drivers down the road some time they will be as welcome as anyone else that rides with us
                      So you're saying that FD is a "sudo" competition/exhibition. Like a pre-seasoned race? It's not exactly the pinnacle of drifting in the USA.

Comment

Is FD planning on making any canadian events?

Comment

So you're saying that FD is a "sudo" competition/exhibition. Like a pre-seasoned race? It's not exactly the pinnacle of drifting in the USA.

No not at all. I'm not sure how I implied that. Our series is the only North American drifting championship right now. We wanted to do that to separate ourselves from D1. We knew they would only be having one main event per year and of course their content focuses on the Japanese drivers. Our intent was to develop the American drivers here and give them as much opportunity as we possibly could. The drivers in FD are the top drivers in the US. There is no arguing that. When you come to an FD event you will see the best drivers America has to offer in my opinion. From the level of skill we have been seeing many of these guys will be on par with D1 drivers very soon and some already are. Dont base or make any conclusions on USA drifting talent by what you may have seen at Drivers Search. If you went to Sonoma or have seen any of the crazy battles this year you would defintely agree.

Outside of that to continue to strengthen the "Championship" side of it we will increase the pot, brand make it clear that winning this event has major value. To this point the drivers ahve been treating it like that. No one has driven half *Censored**Censored**Censored* in these events. Guys like Alex consistently go balls out and kill it.

Comment

Is FD planning on making any canadian events?
                            We would like to but have not planned that for '05. Demo's, maybe but not comps just yet

Comment

Do you know what Mopar will do w/ Samuel next year since he cant use the viper?

Comment

Do you know what Mopar will do w/ Samuel next year since he cant use the viper?
                                Nope I do not but I am sure there will be news shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X