No announcement yet.

SAMUEL HUBINETTE; Viper in 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a different production based car; unlike the all tube chasis race car used last year.

Mopar had the crossfire drift car but that probably didn't test well. i'm all for seeing different cars out at Formula D.

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
      this is a different production based car; unlike the all tube chasis race car used last year.
      For the 5 millionth time:

THE COMP COUPE IS NOT A TUBE FRAME CAR.

God dammit. Why is that so hard for you people to understand?

Comment

And why are so many people dissapointed he's not changing his car? What car is different from last year? Rhys has the GTO, Alex has the S2000, etc. , etc. ,etc.

Comment

I want to see Sam go up ugainst sum of the Japanese D1 drivers. I bet he can beat the **** out ofthem. HAHAHA Oh that would be great. I want to see Keiichi's face the day an American beats the Japanese drivers in their own competition. HAHAHAHA. ooook im done now.

Comment

He has already

Comment

i cant read japanese so what does that mean... looks like a profile page or sumthin

Comment

Originally posted by young gun
                the 2004 wasnt realy a viper, notice they refer to it as the competition coupe, its about as much of a viper as a nascar is what ever thay are based off of, this thread is full of nonsense. the viper again, no kidding, who is suprised. its their most competitive platforme, who would have thought they would actually use it, hmmmm......anyone with half a mind about them, they will be alot less dominating with an actual street car...

Predection............D/A Falken is gonna hand it to him
                Bad exaggeration. The Viper CC is very production-based. Yes, it's a tube chassis, but so is the street Viper. Comparing it to the current NASCAR cars is ridiculous.

Comment

O I guess I wasnt specific enough. Yeah I was there a little over a year ago when he competed in the D1. But I mean with his new "well practiced" skills and his Viper. Hehehehe. I was also there when he drove along side of Team Orange (Fontana D1 Drivers Search, Aug. 14th 2004) with his Viper, in which case he did a FANTASTIC job, but he was demo driving for fun, not actually competing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggorri
                    For the 5 millionth time:

THE COMP COUPE IS NOT A TUBE FRAME CAR.

God dammit. Why is that so hard for you people to understand?

Yeah you guys, It's semi tube frame. lol

Comment

its a tube frame car. all vipers have a tube frame, its part of being a dodge viper, its a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                        its a tube frame car. all vipers have a tube frame, its part of being a dodge viper, its a fact.
                        Who votes we start a "Ask Mopar" sticky thread? That way you can hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. There is nothing "normal" about any Viper, and with the current Formula D rules, the sky is the limit in the amount of work they can do, so my guess is that this "street car" will be more trick then the Competition Coupe ever was.

www.vipercompetitioncoupe.com
                        Chassis Construction-Backbone tubular steel space frame with separate cowl structure

If I am not mistaken the "street car" is the same chassis contruction, only without all the carbon fiber body panels, maybe somebody WHO KNOWS more about this topic can correct me if I'm wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                          Well guess what, it's not a fact. The standard Viper SRT-10 Frame and the Viper CC frame is not a tubular frame. It is a boxed aluminum frame that is found on every second generation Viper. Now, before you start in about how a boxed aluminum frame is "tubular", guess what? So is the frame on the GTO, except it's steel. Corvettes? Same thing. Tubular frames are typically defined as frames made from (are you ready for this?) round tubes, except in the drifting world, where apparently anything that has one round tube in plain view must mean the entire chassis is tubed framed. Guess what? That's not what a tube framed chassis is. Tube frame chassis cars are built from the ground up using either tubular steel or tubular chromoly. If you want a tube frame chassis, look at Pro-Stock drag cars. Your definaition of a "tubular frame" is way off.

Originally posted by ALI
                          If I am not mistaken the "street car" is the same chassis contruction, only without all the carbon fiber body panels, maybe somebody WHO KNOWS more about this topic can correct me if I'm wrong?
                          Besides the welded in cage, the jungle gym of cross bracing in the engine bay, the lexan windows, the lack of interior, the missing catalytic convertors, the fuel cell, the slightly different bodies, the different engine management, and the provision that the CC can never be legally driven on public roads, yes the SRT-10 coupe and the Comp Coupe are fairly close to being the same car and they share the same boxed aluminum frame.

Comment

Congrats to Sam for getting back in to the thick of things. Best of luck this year in the Formula D series!!

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggorri
                              Well guess what, it's not a fact. The standard Viper SRT-10 Frame and the Viper CC frame is not a tubular frame. It is a boxed aluminum frame that is found on every second generation Viper. Now, before you start in about how a boxed aluminum frame is "tubular", guess what? So is the frame on the GTO, except it's steel. Corvettes? Same thing. Tubular frames are typically defined as frames made from (are you ready for this?) round tubes, except in the drifting world, where apparently anything that has one round tube in plain view must mean the entire chassis is tubed framed. Guess what? That's not what a tube framed chassis is. Tube frame chassis cars are built from the ground up using either tubular steel or tubular chromoly. If you want a tube frame chassis, look at Pro-Stock drag cars. Your definaition of a "tubular frame" is way off.

Besides the welded in cage, the jungle gym of cross bracing in the engine bay, the lexan windows, the lack of interior, the missing catalytic convertors, the fuel cell, the slightly different bodies, the different engine management, and the provision that the CC can never be legally driven on public roads, yes the SRT-10 coupe and the Comp Coupe are fairly close to being the same car and they share the same boxed aluminum frame.

Hence is why the corvette and viper are classified as semi tube frame chassis rather than full unibody

Comment

Originally posted by ALI
                                and with the current Formula D rules, the sky is the limit in the amount of work they can do,

Exactly....

Comment

Working...
                                X