Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that sir I can completely agree with.

Thanks, ill take your advice and have a pill.
    Last edited by DaGOATRollaGTS; 07-08-2004, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGOATRollaGTS

As for Ms Day. God bless you for liking cars. Many a guy searches long and hard for a woman like you. Wana learn to drift, that makes you a million times better. Much like Craig no one can blame you for doing your job.

It does seem however that people are missing the point. This thread is specifically about feedback on the show, and it was asked for. Your specifically asking people to tell you whats good AS WELL AS whats wrong with your show. Dont get your panties in a bunch when you start hearing it.

Put Day in a sweatshirt and some baggy jeans with a few greas spots and some mechanics gloves. Hair in a pony tail. Let her get some seat time, start the show off with her getting assed out in an 86 or S13 or FC who cares, let her pull up to a camera and get out to start the show. If the womans got the skills bring her on.

Anyone could appreciate that. And if it's any consolation to those who can't stand this idea of "the dumb blonde hosting" , Courtney will be doing on going performance installs on her project Eclipse with OverBoost.com starting next month. Episode 3 of Redline-TV will also feature her driving an R33 Skyline.

Comment

• I saw this one coming from a mile away,actually,make that a lightyear.
        Last edited by Feint; 07-08-2004, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• I guess I'm not in any place to comment since I can't see the show, but it sounds really bad.
          Courtney Day is taking "drift lessons?" Whoopty *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in' *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. It's not like learning to play piano. It's like my boy Tsukuda says, "There are two types of people when it comes to learning to drift. Those who *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up and run to their "sempai" and ask them what they should do and how. Then there are the ones who will become good at it. This type of person *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s up and then analyzes their run. What did I do wrong? How can I solve the problem? Then they go out again and start over."
          I'm not some badmofo "drifta~" and I don't want to see anyone like that 'cause that's NOT what it's about.

Comment

• Loving this debate...

The coolest part of all of this is it shows how much everyone cares.

As for internal strife, yes, I was conflicted about several things.

I was not a fan of showcasing Courtney getting out of an airbagged Eclipse...not my idea, it was done without our knowledge. The production company erred.

Alex Pfeiffer was HIGHLY favored by the production company; sponsors (including MagnaFlow) felt he was too "unknown" to relate to the mainstream audience and you MUSt acknowledge that it is customary to use a host who is as VISUALLY appealing, articulate and able to carry a show on their own...we love Alex, but he simply did not fit that bill...in fact, few do. For awhile, we talked about doing strictly voiceovers, with no host, but we wanted a face. We still believe that Courtney is a CAR person, albeit not a drifter, but she ACTUALLY works on her own car. Some may disagree here, but for now, she's our girl.

As for the show itself, The ORIGINAL idea was to take the Battle video concept raw, using top tuner cars here in the US, like the Sparco Evo 8, then showcase the stock stats vs. the after stats and briefly cover the parts that got us there. To a small degree, episode one covered that. It'll get better in upcoming episodes.

An opportunity arose to feature JGTC and the sponsors agreed that this was vital. We teased you with it in episode 1, it'll go more in depth in episode 2.

Episode Two: Covers you drifters in your home environment, at Drift Day 15. We talk to Alex and others who are just learning and really explpain just how hard it is.
            We profile three teams, including an RX7 team, last year's champ Ueo and his AE86 car and touch upon the controversy of the GTO entry.
            There's a brief feature on showing what it takes to do a magazine cover car shoot, covering the Sparco Evo 8 in detail.
            There's more JGTC coverage.
            The final segment takes us back to the track to get some performance evaluations of a Supercharged S2000 track car and a street/show/race widebody 800hp Supra.

Trust me: as the season progresses, you'll see aggressive coverage of your favorite drifters, drift cars and top tuner cars tested at the track.

I hope we do you proud. Keep the ideas flowing.

Comment

• ... just noticed this right now... but does it seem like everyone is taking this too seriously? its just a tv show. not like tv has an effect on what people do with their lives? (lol)

if its a good show we'll watch and it'll stay on the air, if it sucks, it sucks and we wont watch. no need for people to get a hernia over it other than the investors who spent hundreds of thousands hoping the show is a success.

in the end i remember hearing from successful entrepreneurs that "if you're just doing it for the money, you wont last".

Comment

• All things aside I believe you should get your hands on the orange Gymkhana S2000, and I believe it would be great to do a Corolla GTS, or 240 buildup on on the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by EightSevenZero
                  but does it seem like everyone is taking this too seriously? its just a tv show. not like tv has an effect on what people do with their lives? (lol)
                  that's not true

Comment

• Haha yes not true indeed.

You know how mutch people get paid packaging things for viewer consumption. Oh yeah, heard of commercials?

EH! Sounds like the show is all over the place. Not good. Based on most stuff I view from japan they focus on no more than two three segments, 4 at best and its decent coverage too.

Maybe some of the things discussed here should have been the things in the first eppisode. Such as Courtneys project. Like I said car girls are the hottest thing. What, you turn a wrench and know how to drive? I would be floored. Now I wana see this thing. And I hate all of the import oriented shows.

IM interested in seeing Ueo...you know this guy is on his 6th 86 I think. Hes been building them for a very long time now, hes got it down to a science. I wana be that guy.

And Just cause you dont know Alex doesnt mean that everyone in the drifting community thats been around for a few years doesnt. Guess someone missed on that one.

Actually I tell you what I like to see. Ive grown to like the SuperTuner cars doing the hot laps on Tskuba circuit. It was also just published in the latest superstreet and Sport Compact Car, the Time Attacks. Sick fast cars are just where its at.

And sure we care. WE LOVE YOU MAN!

Comment

• Re: Loving this debate...

Originally posted by craiglieberman

Alex Pfeiffer was HIGHLY favored by the production company; sponsors (including MagnaFlow) felt he was too "unknown" to relate to the mainstream audience and you MUSt acknowledge that it is customary to use a host who is as VISUALLY appealing, articulate and able to carry a show on their own...we love Alex, but he simply did not fit that bill...in fact, few do.
                      I think this is where you missed your mark. According to your promo video this show is "for drifters by drifters." This is the part where you really lose my attention. Initially, there was really no need to explain what drifting. We already know what drifting. It kind makes us, your target viewers(supposedly), feel like we're being talked down to. Who cares if the mainstream audience can't relate to Alex Pfeiffer? For drifters by drifters, right?

And as for Ms. Day, she is very beautiful, and as far as I can tell she has good intentions. But most people probably wouldn't be impressed with her Eclipse. The only airbags most enthusiasts want to see on a car are Praxxis air suspension. I saw a comment earlier about her doing an overview of her car with oVerboost.com. You didn't need to drag them into this. oVerboost.com can burn in internet hell.

I think a good American show at the moment that's covering imports would probably be Sports Car Revolution. Although the hosts may be old guys(bleh), they mainly focus on the technical aspect of the cars. In fact, one of the things I'm most impressed with thus far is their RSX project car. Last time I saw they were installing a Mugen Sport Exhaust and were testing it on a road course. The car isn't exactly the most appealing. In fact, it's a very un-sporty maroon. But they know what's neccessary for performance. I think maybe that show could give you a lot of pointers on what you need to do. But hey, it's only my opinion. Who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by CourtneyDayFan
                        Anyone could appreciate that. And if it's any consolation to those who can't stand this idea of "the dumb blonde hosting" , Courtney will be doing on going performance installs on her project Eclipse with OverBoost.com starting next month. Episode 3 of Redline-TV will also feature her driving an R33 Skyline.
                        Well has she ever been in a car where performance driving is the idea? hope she doesn't expect the R33 to drive like her eclipse

Comment

• The point is, whatever problems you have with the show dont take out on the girl. Shes just doing a job she was hired and told to do! You dont insult her personally. Shes a real person with feelings same as you guys. She went in, they paid her to do her best and now your insulting her? if you dont think a model should be on the show thats fine but watch your tounge. its very easy insult someone over the net, but you have to understand thats a real person reading your comments. If you met the lovely young lady in person would you say such hateful things only to watch the hurt well up in her eyes?

Besides insulting women in general is in poor taste. Act like the gentlemen i tell people dirfters are.

Comment

• yeah i guess we all gotta respect Ms.Day...if she is the only girl Redline got then they should give her the script earlier so that she can study long and she sound for real...i know shes a real car girl thats great in fact there's drifter girls here....u all remember "Drift Pretty"....for me and most straight(or non-straight...whatever) car guys thats not just great THATS HOT!!!but there a difference between a hot chick with no knowledge of how a piston works and a hot girl thats knows rotarys from pistons...

now for MR.CRAIG your job is sounds great but remember the things you will and can determine if your should be praised or on a hit list..and what you do to drifting can label drifters as a no good rebel or a real down to earth a car person that knows right from wrong.....

it sounds to me that Redline Tv is heading the wrong way....so Ueo starring in the next episode sound interest but it better show him in action like that one dvd (forgot whats it called starts with a "H")where it show him doing touge(toe-*Censored**Censored**Censored*) in the very exact AE he used and won back at D1. I want that DVD!!

Maybe you guys at Redline Tv should more info on drifting..i suggest you guys buy a copy of "DRIFT BIBLE"(the Drift King is in there if you know who he is) and "DRIFT SOCIETY"(Kazama showing so moves and the NIGHTWALKERS...go Lorin!) both dvds are sold here..could somebody post a link...i'm tired from all this type.......one last thing :

BEWARE OF TOUGE!!! I BELIEVE REDLINE TV AND OTHERS TV VIEWERS AREN'T READY FOR IT. SO DON'T TRY SHOWING IT ON TV!!!!

Comment

• BEWARE OF TOUGE!!! I BELIEVE REDLINE TV AND OTHERS TV VIEWERS AREN'T READY FOR IT. SO DON'T TRY SHOWING IT ON TV!!!!

this is what im affraid of. That's why on my previous suggestion. Redline TV should try to do a little community service. Show where the new drifters can go for legal sanction race ( tel #, locations, events, drift day practices).

The word "TOUGE" This is what really worries me.

Comment

• I missed the show, but these references might help.

1) D1 Grand Prix Announcers
                                -Toshi from APEXi and Terence from Lateral G Racing, who are both involved with a professional drifting team, announced to a diverse audience during the D1 Grand Prix.
                                http://drifting.com/d1_5.jpg (2003 D1 Grand Prix Crowd Shot)

2) Monster Garage
                                -Behind-the-scene documentation of tuners at work is interesting.
                                http://www.drifting.com/APEX_FD_p_12.jpg
                                http://www.drifting.com/APEX_FD_p_19.jpg
                                (APEXi D1 U.S.A. FD)

3)Best Motoring Video
                                -Even Best Motoring used a host dressed as a cat in Fuji Fast, but there was a balance.

4) Option Video
                                -Content from Japan will please enthusiasts.

5) Orange County Choppers
                                -Shop coverage and father & son drama is amusing.

6) The Man Show
                                - Trampolines and silent Juggies boost rating; Just Kidding.

This may sound silly but you can combine most of these elements by having professional drifters with umbrella girls on each shoulder interview tuners in the U.S. and Japan while they build cars at their shops.

Comment

Working...
                                X