No announcement yet.

imma stay a subbie girl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should pick up the HyperRev Impreza book. Even if some of the parts are harder to get, it still has examples of just about anything on the market, and the best pics of aero kits you can find. They should have it at Asuhiya or Kinokuniya books. I'm going there tomorrow, so I'll make sure to look while I'm there. so you won't have to possibly make a pointless trip. If they don't have it, there are several online sources. I'd imagine that Chas might carry some of the books, too?

BTW, what chassis code is an 00-01? Is it a GC8, or is that older?

Comment

Originally posted by Senshi Tenshi
      no for a 2.5 rs coupe..00 or 01
      Gotta get this one

more info here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...readid=434290&

search www.nasioc.com there's plenty of info and pictures of aeroparts from different manufacturers. Some you can search for are STi, Prodrive, Prova, C-West, Cuscso, Syms, Do-Luck, Chargespeed, MRO, Greddy, and Orciari.

P.S the do-luck kit has wide body fenders also, too bad the front bumper is ugly

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou

the 93-01 is generally referred to as the GC8, even though what we got in the US during those years were the GC (sedan) or GM (coupe). The 8 refers to the engine, EJ20.

Comment

Re: imma stay a subbie girl...

Originally posted by Senshi Tenshi
          after thinkin bout it for a looong time..i decided imma get another subbie. my last subbie i only had for a lil while til all that stuff happened..so basically i didnt get to do anythin to it..well imma get another 2.5 rs coupe soon..01 or 00 whatever i find first..well i need suggestions from ya guys. its AWD and imma keep it that way..but im gonna make it a dori subbie..so help me out w/some suggestions on every mod you can think of. (i asked some guy friends and they couldnt come up w/any serious replies..so here i turn to you wonderful peepz..SERIOUS MODS NOW!! dont lemme down! hehe)

**oh and for aerokits..what are some subbie favs of you guys?
          Hello lady, I'm Spec.

Listen, for Subbies, I have evreything, I mean EVERYTHING you need. From bushings to turbos.
          For shocks, quality vs price, I recommend KYB AGX ajustable shocks. Sway bars will be a must to get the car stifefr and tower bars too. As for body kits, it all depends on your taste. I can get you a really (REALLY NICE IMO) Zerosports body kit but it's really expensive. But depending on your budget, Bomex makes a cool one to for not so much. I have also IHI Zerosports turbos for your liking, you can choose from 3 different kits. I also have intercoolers, wheels, plugs, ignition components, coils....name it! My friend has a 2.5RS 2000 and let me tell ya, it's a speed machine. I love those cars.
          If you planning on get a 2.5RS I suggest you go with a 2 door, they are rare but so much better looking.

Ask me anything you need to know, I'll help ya out for sure.

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou
            Yep, hyperev.

The code is GC8, the 02-03 are GDA.

Coiloverkid was selling his, you shoud look into that lucy.

Comment

My bad, no dccd. But those tend to oversteer anyway for awd dont they. Shouldnt be too hard to drift. And as for aeros. I wouldnt do it. I like the way they look stock. With the right suspension you are going to have an aggressive stance and that would prob be enough. I have never seen a kit for that year that I liked as much as factory. But hey its your car. BTW nice sig.

Comment

Since you're wanting to get an GDB Imprezza 2.5 RS it raises thought of budget. Maybe you are on a strict budge, maybe not. You have to remember that after you learn to drift you'll be looking to do more advanced drifts which require more power.. The extra power would be easily achieved with an early WRX. You can find them used for decent prices.

To answer your question about the 2.5RS if you get one, I would try to get the car in the best working condition first.. Upgrade your suspension then your brakes and tires then you'll be set. When you get good with that set up you'll be ready for more power and you can always boost it if you want to dish out some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by nightracer
                  Since you're wanting to get an GDB Imprezza 2.5 RS it raises thought of budget. Maybe you are on a strict budge, maybe not. You have to remember that after you learn to drift you'll be looking to do more advanced drifts which require more power.. The extra power would be easily achieved with an early WRX. You can find them used for decent prices.
                  Don't forget, she's not learning as much as you might be implying here, she already had one and drifted in it before. I'd also suspect that's why the choice is a 2.5 instead of a WRX, because it makes sense to use a car you have more experience and gradually upgrade it, instead of getting something with distinctly different characteristics all at once.

Comment

sorry it took me so long to post this subbie girl. GL with the new car.
                    http://www.cobbtuning.com/main.html

Comment

hey i have a quick question...

is the impreza front-drive biased, or rear-drive???

i'm guessing its fronts cuz my friend's Rex hella understeers

get a HUGEa$$ swaybar in the rear to get the bum out

Comment

I guess that from your stating "I want to keep it AWD" and "real mods" you are implying that someone told you to disconnect the front axles. Heard that one before.

Comment

dayyyum!! thanks a lot guys!! much love to all of you! thanks

where are you all located? if in cali..where in cali? i might just have to meet up w/some of you sometime. . . *hmm*

and yup, they said disconnect the front axles..but i think naw

Comment

Ohoho.

Comment

Woo hoo! Another Scooby owner! I can't risk running my show scooby into a curb so I'll leave the drifting to a wide open lot (if I can even get my wrx to drift) and leave the rest to be the s13 in my near future! Just a couple more bonus checks, I think.

2003 Aspen White Scooby WRX
                              Blitz B/O
                              C-west Bodykit
                              APR Carbon Wing
                              (soon) 17" Buddy Club Rims
                              (soon) Carbon Hood with STI scoop
                              (soon) IHI VF30 turbo upgrade

Kevin
                              Store Manager
                              Jasper Performance
                              www.jasperperformance.com

Comment