Go Back   DRIFTING.com > General Forum > General Chat (DRIFTING Discussion/News and SITE Updates)
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where can I learn how to drift?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 AM   #26
soultron

Send a message via AIM to soultron
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoo View Post
lern how to drift! OMG! I hope they have collage courses soon.. Turn on your Xbox kids ... lol if you even ask a question like that on a site that basicly says look at our events with events info.. you should punch your self in the face hard..
Hmm...
that doesn't seem like a good way to get people to come out to Project Aspec events to me...
soultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #27
Soldat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
wow, resurrecting an old thread...

www.driftday.com offers a 'drift 101' class which is VERY helpful in learning the basics of car control and drifting.

Bob Bondurant still has a school, as far as I know, out in AZ.
Bondurant dropped their Drift program, I looked into it a few months ago.

That's the basic flaw with owning a fleet of GTO drift cars and a 60 acre facility. Most of the people that were interested couldn't afford it.
Soldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #28
jwoo

Send a message via AIM to jwoo Send a message via Yahoo to jwoo
Hey,

Best way to learn to drift honestly is just do it. Don't be scared to ask other drivers at events questions and Drift Days are good. (Dont use the internet to ask how to drift, this place is just to make fun of every thing and look at boobies)

If your in Midwest my events speedrift are good. because we have driver imput classes.

Sorry if i was harsh before just get this question alot then never any drivers its getting old the level of posers that bother drivers.

So if your real about it "JUST DRIFT". Go to events, get a driver to ride with you. Go to events that are open up for learning. Like drivers meets are open ended for people to ask questions stuff like that.

If you ask drivers and there jerks to ya just ask some one else and keep trying.

thats my best advice.

Take it slow too, incase you don't under stand basics you don't wana push ya self to crash.

Last edited by jwoo; 02-21-2008 at 12:55 PM.
jwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #29
jwoo

if you do things right pace , learn from higher up drivers. you will learn fast as have fun. fun whats it about anyhow.

This advice is for other noobies that read this too.

1. Go to events

2. Go to events

3. ask questions

4. Learn

5. watch and learn

6. Drive..

or you can be like me when i started watch some option videos , piss off SCCA events then hit the streets then crash a few times... its very costly!

wish i had this stuff around when i started , You learn more at events then any were else.. and still go to SCCA events and piss them off its fun.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #30
jwoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultron View Post
Hmm...
that doesn't seem like a good way to get people to come out to Project Aspec events to me...

You kidding me.. Same cars out every year.. not alot.. then you go to MI car meets and there is 100 new drift cars (hardparkers) lol... never will be alot of people at my events thats why i sold of Drift Battle.. now i just run small events for my friends and others who are down.. its fun times but im sick of the bull C-hit kids.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #31
quick_blaze

Remember that perhaps the most important rule for a beginner who is using the "parking lot at night" strategy, is to pick a parking lot that doesn't have too many islands.
quick_blaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best place to learn how to drift, how to drift, learn how to drift, where can i learn how to drift

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: