No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Long Beach 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J-Rod, I need you to step up your game or get Joe Rogan to do the Color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
      I would say that Gushi had 2 better runs overall. The big emphasis in the drivers meeting was on going from wall-to-wall under the bridge and right under the judges stand. Odi had a great lead run, but he was very shallow off of all 3 walls (wall before the bridge after the first turn, wall in front of santa, and wall in front of the judges) on his chase run and very shallow on his angle especially in front of the judges and grandstand 18. Gushi was much closer to the walls on his chase run than Odi was when chasing, and Odi took too long to catch up to Gushi despite running shallow line and shallow angle. Seems pretty clear to me.

PS - I do think that Odi drove his heart out all weekend, and he had some amazing runs! I have no stake in either driver (neither is on my fantasy team, HA!) but I think Gushi won this one pretty clearly.
      Form what I saw during Odi's lead run, Odi was deeper into the wall in front of Santa and it even got the crowd and JRod to react from it. Ken was a foot away. I felt Odi had more angle while maintaining speed through the rest of the run just keeping a little closer to the clipping points than Ken. Ken did keep super close to him. I think they both were doing an excellent job, but Odi's driving was more exciting to watch. BUT in the end it is what it is. Judges saw something different. I do know that deing there does give a very different POV than watching online in close battles. I felt the calls on Dai and Daigo were fair, but others here strongly disagree. I guess each of us can tend to see something different.

Overall the event was awesome both days. BIG props to all the rookie drivers persevering through what was sure to an eye opening experience for all of them.

Comment

The judges have the same replays we do. There is a problem when two judges are lock step in consistently making the wrong decisions when top sponser drivers are concerned while the rookie judge was spot on or just wanted a OMT.

How is this not a point deduction but a tire drop is? This goes well past skimming the wall. If there was sheet metal back there like a real mustang He would end up with a wrecked car.
        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
          How is this not a point deduction but a tire drop is? This goes well past skimming the wall. If there was sheet metal back there like a real mustang He would end up with a wrecked car.
          Dropping a tire in the dirt is considered going "off course" and off course is always bad no matter what track they are at. With walls you technically can't go off course. Also being able to tap the wall but still maintain drift has always been smiled upon in drifting.

Judges never fault someone for hitting a wall, they fault them for what happens afterward..

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
            Dropping a tire in the dirt is considered going "off course" and off course is always bad no matter what track they are at. With walls you technically can't go off course. Also being able to tap the wall but still maintain drift has always been smiled upon in drifting.

Judges never fault someone for hitting a wall, they fault them for what happens afterward..
            A better analogy is when drivers get deductions for punting cones or cliping point signs like the last hairpin turn.

Comment

i didn't like how the hot pit was so far from the grid. If anything went wrong you couldn;t go back and you were stuck with out tools or fuel.

Also, I don't like how there isn't an announcement for drivers to get ready or atleast a set schedule. robbie missed a qualifying run because he was "late to the line" where for other drivers they waited for them to come to the line. Its kinda biased
              Last edited by vvtisupra; 04-09-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                A better analogy is when drivers get deductions for punting cones or cliping point signs like the last hairpin turn.
                True that probably is better.

Either way though, that type of thing is more closely scruitinized during qualifying runs.

As far as I understand at least, when it comes to tandem the lead car can tap, hit, or brush against anything they want as long as they don't lose drift, brake check, or go off course and it is still the follow car's job to stick to the lead through all that.

Comment

This year Formula Drift Long Beach might have been the best yet! Here is my video coverage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avJR8_T6eOg

Comment

Streaming

When the F**K is FormulaD going to start streaming in HD? My Iphone with the Justin.tv app streams almost as good

Comment

Working...
                    X