X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Computer System

EDIT: No longer for sale.

Check out www.DRIFTBASIC.com
    Last edited by JC; 03-07-2006, 08:32 AM.

Are you selling it as a whole system? or can you part it out? If so, I am interested in the lcd screen. Thanks

Comment

I want to sell it as one system.

Screen... $400 (Comes with everything, new in box)

Comment

Oooh, it looks to be one of the nice screens from the price of it. My set up is complete, just debating on either using a 7.2 touchscreen, or a cheapie 5 in I got for free. What brand is the screen btw?

Comment

Originally posted by lostsol
          Oooh, it looks to be one of the nice screens from the price of it. My set up is complete, just debating on either using a 7.2 touchscreen, or a cheapie 5 in I got for free. What brand is the screen btw?
          The screen is buy Newision which are a big manufacturer of LCD screens in Europe (I actually ordered this screen from a British company).

Believe me, you will notice a difference between 7in and a 5in LCD.

Comment

Yeah, I know its a big difference. My bro has the 7in screen. He paid like almost $500! though. I got a 5in screen for free. Debating if I want to spend that extra dough. I am using windows media center OS, ordering my remote soon.

Comment

Buy
              Last edited by JC; 12-05-2004, 11:19 AM.

Comment

$625

Thats as low as Ill go for anyone interested, otherwise Im going to just keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by One Drift
                  $625

Thats as low as Ill go for anyone interested, otherwise Im going to just keep it.
                  wait so you make them or you jus thave one for sale ? i think that is cool as hell and id buy one (im rice what can i say) but i wouldnt be ready to buy untill liike summer

Comment

Ya, I made this system to see if people would buy more in the future. I build computers in my spare time, so I can make more and I know many venders that supply high quality parts. KIT

Comment

Few questions here: Wat kinda cases can you use on this? On top of that wat kinda of navi system do you install? Is it possible that this pc can be hooked up to the internet? I wouldnt know it can but Im not that pc savy when you have cars/computers together as a dash unit. I just wanna know how this computer work like using gauges and all that stuff, thats all, btw can have something like wireless keyboard mouse capabilities? Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by godigy Few questions here: Wat kinda cases can you use on this? On top of that wat kinda of navi system do you install? Is it possible that this pc can be hooked up to the internet? I wouldnt know it can but Im not that pc savy when you have cars/computers together as a dash unit. I just wanna know how this computer work like using gauges and all that stuff, thats all, btw can have something like wireless keyboard mouse capabilities? Thanks man!
                        You can use any computer case or even something like a small form factor case. I made one for it out of metal. The pc can be hooked up to the internet via WIFI or Bluetooth. You can display gages, but you need software and sensors or whatever. You can use wireless keyboard and mouse easily.

"A 7 inch touchscreen LCD
                        400 WATT power inverter
                        Extension cables (if you want to run the system from the trunk)
                        Super thin LCD remote AND Navi-remote (Used for many functions and as a mouse, but you can use the touchscreen or a wireless mouse instead or both or all)
                        And the brains: DB1 computer system
                        (Intel 1Ghz processor (under clocked for overheat protection), 320MB of RAM, 40GB Hard Drive, 250 Watt PSU, DVD/CD-RW drive, and a TV tuner/Radio card."

The processor is a Pentium Celeron. XP is legal version. I can install something else though.

Comment

how did you reinforce the the HDD? do you have the link for the comp where u bought the screen

Comment

Working...
                          X