Help? :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help? :/

Hey guys. I recently decided to start drifting and need a little guidance.

So here it is. I will have a budjet of about 8 to 9 grand to spend coming in november.

BUT: I will have to use this money to spend on both my Daily Driver AND drifter.

SO: I what I plan on doing is dropping 5 or 6 into a car including upgrades and the actual car, and then saving the rest for a newer car down the road.

I am thinking something along the lines of a 1995 Mazda RX-5 (Miata)

What do you guys think? (Not a 240.) :P

miata perfect car, i sugest going for 94 and up, cuz stronger rear end and bigger motor. 2.5k for 1.8 version then spend around extra 1000 for coilovers and sway bars. Another note bolt on turbo kits for our miata start at 1400 the begi s kit

Comment

OK, the Miata is the MX-5. Just for future reference.

And why not use your daily as your drift car? The only problem you'll run in to with the Miata is the lack of space for tyres, I've no idea how it is in the US but over here a lot of people take their own wheels and tyres to drift days to save buying them. Miata's can fit maybe four if you're not taking a passenger. Two if you are. If that's no problem then they are very good beginner cars, just weld a stock open diff and have fun. No need to buy coilovers or turbos when you've just started, they will make drifting easier but they will also make you lazier. Learn, decide if it's for you and then upgrade the car.

Comment

Working...
      X