350Z Good drifter??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350Z Good drifter??

I know a lot of nissans are good drifters and Ive seen turbo kits for the new z and was wondering how well it would drift. I also saw a Z that was i think hks's showcar somewhere and it looked like if it was going to be driven it would be a drifter. Just a thought that occured to me so I decided to ivestigate.
    Last edited by nitroboy24; 07-29-2003, 12:56 AM.

Any car can drift.

Comment

umm it has something in the computer to keep it from drifting too well. but u can use momentum to drift it. but thats about it. idunno i was watching the best motoring dvd vol 6. thats what keiichi said

Comment

does "abs" have something to do with it?

Comment

I believe one of the US d1gp entrants won qualifications at the D1 Driver's search by driving a rental 350z... yes.. totally stock, and he made it in.

Of course, he was a good driver. I heard it was a guy who used to do ice racing in Finland or some European place like that. So... it all depends on your skills. 350z is a good car too. One of RSR's new drift cars is a 350z

Comment

nah it wasnt the abs. it was some kind of traction control thing.

i know the rsr 350 couldnt have that stuff in it. :P

and about the finland driver thing... that sounds cool

Comment

the good things about most newer cars....most of the stuff in them is electronically controlled

the good thing about electronic controlled stuff....it can easily be controlled with more proper electronics.

basically any of that crap (traction control, awd's w/ elect. diff, yaw sensors) can be controlled with the right tools/toys!

Comment

Originally posted by JonnySlick
                the good things about most newer cars....most of the stuff in them is electronically controlled

the good thing about electronic controlled stuff....it can easily be controlled with more proper electronics.

basically any of that crap (traction control, awd's w/ elect. diff, yaw sensors) can be controlled with the right tools/toys!

yeah. i met this guy with a wrx sti and he showed me how the differential stuff works. i think its uber cool. :P

Comment

VDC

I drift my 350z everday I have tire with no metal showing. It gets alot of understeer for an FR. The e brake dosn't lock the rear tires very well, but then again it's all up to the driver. I can drift this thing pretty well but I'd feel more cofortalble drifting a car thats not worth 30 grand. It feels heavy when you try to whip the car around, but look at homeboy from hawaii drifting a camaro, thats got to be a little harder, but it will make him a better drifter. Any car can drift, I though FF could'nt drift untill a redheaded canadian took me for a ride in a VW golf gti, he almost put the car into a house but it was a four wheel slide from corner entrance to about 100 feet past the exit. Now he did run the car into a tree that very same night. When you decide to get a car don't get what someone else wants, do your reasearch, and get what you want.
                  Attached Files

Comment

VDC

The electronics can be turned off with the push of a button.

The ABS can be dissconected via fuse box, like on any car with abs.

Comment

wouldent the 350 be too expensive to do this with? and could a HICAS fuse be pulled to turn it off for nissans

Comment

Im not sure the differences between the U.S. versions and the JDM ones but they drift alright out of the box. The suspension is a little funky in the back but there are companys doing the coilovers insted if the seperate shock/spring. Thats how I did it when I did Veilsides. They are building one now. For drift only twin turbs and a fer other goodies to get that fat lady to sing. Also Kumakubo is building one for his new drift car.

Here is the Veilside one.
                        Attached Files

Comment

good drifter or not i think its the price that sets most people back from drifting it. wouldnt mind driving around in one tho. really nice car

Comment

true

Yes i do get a little scared when I get sideways in a 30,000 dollar car, definately slows the learning curve

Comment

the RSR 350 is not as tuned as you would think. It has there exhaust, springs, lsd, and brake pads, thats about it.

Some of the people in D1 are starting to move towards the 350.

RSR
                              Motorex
                              JIC
                              Tein

they all have 350's. Remebert the first USAD1? There were atleast 3 competing.

Comment

Working...
                              X