No announcement yet.

350Z or RX-8??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hadnt heard that about AEBS, guess that throws one option out of the equation, i like the idea of twin turbos, but like you pointed out, the weight is discouraging, theres an aps TT and PE TT showing up at the next drift day so ill at least give the PE a shot.

[QUOTE=Topics II][QUOTE=SidewayzRacer]
    Originally posted by Topics II
    First off, just say no to prochargers... they are the number 1 (no joke) killer of vq's to date. I know first hand.

The greddy twin kit is very good and also affordable. little on the heavy side because of the cast manifolds, 2 turbos, and 2 wastegates... but it is overall a great kit.

I know the prochargers are a no go. But i dont know how well the other supercharger kits are performing with the vq.

tinos been running his stillen stage 3 forever on his silver and now his red car, practically since he bought both cars and they never blew the motor.

i just dont like stillen

Comment

Stillen doesnt make a procharger do they? I thought they only did supercharger's. I could be wrong, ive been looking at procharging mine. I havent heard of that many problems with the ATI procharger. But then again i only know 2 people with them and they are daily's, not a specific racing application. That could be the difference.

But this may persuade me to wait and look into turbo's now......

Comment

Ive driven a Greddy Twin Turbo'd 350Z and it was plenty fast, I have yet to drive a supercharged Z, but I think I would probably go with the Greddy TT kit.

Comment

Originally posted by RED350z
          Stillen doesnt make a procharger do they? I thought they only did supercharger's. I could be wrong, ive been looking at procharging mine. I havent heard of that many problems with the ATI procharger. But then again i only know 2 people with them and they are daily's, not a specific racing application. That could be the difference.

But this may persuade me to wait and look into turbo's now......

procharger is a brand of supercharger, its a centrifugal type
          stillen uses a roots type supercharger.

ATI came out early in the 350Zs life so alot of people jumped on it, it blew alot of peoples motors, and they got screwed.

Comment

What mod's would you do to the Z first?? Is the stock Viscous LSD going to be able to put up with all of the abuse?

All Z drivers, please insert opinions of best mods and in what order you recommend them(ie. what exhaust is the best, best suspention, ect.) here...........

Comment

cusco RS is a nice upgrade if you already have a V-LSD.

i picked up the base model and put a nismo LSD in since the open diff of the base model requires no axle stub ends. (the nismo includes these)

settings seem to be personal opinion, but i have 2 way at 6#% lock, ill go for the highest %lock with the next lsd though.

alot of people also buy a finned differential cover when they change the LSD, go for it, cant hurt anything.

I use Zeal coilovers but alot of people drift the Z on the stock suspension or just springs. i knew id want customization in the future and they were the only company i know of at the time willing to revalve and setup for a coilover in the rear. i run stock exhaust with test pipes, exhaust alone isnt gonna make a difference while drifting. eventually you are going to want alot more power though, cross the line when you get there.

Chris could answer this question with alot more experience behind it, i just know what myself and people around me do.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
                the n/a 350z in d1 has been in the last two option videos, but hasn't qualified yet, or even gotten through the first corner really, so you don't get to see how well it drifts, or the power it puts out. option video kinda creates characters out of the drifters, and just covers a small handful of them. in that way, they better entertain their viewers, but you miss alot of whats going on with all the different drivers there.

yeah like were is miki?

Comment

if i was to find a z in my driveway lol i would get a 2way, good coilovers, and a koyo. thats about it. not sure if they tend to over heat but its just a good insurance i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                    yeah like were is miki?

No kidding!

Comment

does anyone have any more useful info on the rx8?? seems to me this thread is 350z biased

Comment

Alex Pfeiffer Drifting a RX-8 (Play Video; Starts at 2:05)
                        http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105313

Comment

last time i read ( and this was from like a couple months back) miki said hes still gettin used to the z33, he said its a really good car but alot havier than his TS s15 and he also said it has alot more power but its harder becasue it has alot of peak power but not the kinda power he wants like he had in his s15 if that makes any sense. but i dunno bout now...

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                            does anyone have any more useful info on the rx8?? seems to me this thread is 350z biased

just shows why the 350z is the best choice

rx8 is like a rear wheel drive rsx type S

Comment

dont be so narrow minded fellas, try other cars! just because the 350z is easy doesnt mean its your only option. BE UNIQUE.

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                                dont be so narrow minded fellas, try other cars! just because the 350z is easy doesnt mean its your only option. BE UNIQUE.

he gave us this criteria:
                                He is going to be drifting the car at Drift days and other events when possible as well as daily driving the car. What car is going to be more reliable, drift better and which one would you all pick/not pick and why??

350z

besdies its not that were sheep, its that the rx8 is dissapointing, at least to me, i was hoping for something along the lines fo the FD and got a rwd rsx instead

Comment

Working...
                                X