(MAGAZINE SUGGESTIONS) FORMULA DRIFT Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
    I beleave stations like MLB Network or any other sport network have the same issue, I mean its great every sport has their own channel to talk just about that sport but when it comes to interviews u prob see the same player get interviewed on every other sport channel. So i would guess if another magazine or internet site does an interview on the same person FD wants to interview, even though theyll prob ask the same question, I dont think it will cause a problem. If I dont make sence let me know lol
    I think the difference is the potential audience size. There's millions of baseball fans, and each one consumes different outlets. There's only a few hundred thousand drifting fans in the US, and they are very limited in the media outlets they consume. Small audience + limited media outlets = greater potential for overlap.

There's also 30 teams, each team has 20-30 players and plays 162 games of 9 innings each. That's a lot of players / games / innings. FD has 7 events, with 40 or so drivers, and only 32 tandem matchups per round (many of which end in a spin / crash / mechanical DNF, which makes them less interesting to talk about). That's a much much narrower pool of content to discuss.

Comment

Or maybe qualifying runs, they're not shown on TV and its really hard to explain them without video.
      Exactly what the live stream is for

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
        If they do posters what I think is for the first poster it should be the 2010 champ and every poster after that should be the winner of each round.
        So if you take this year, Forsberg was defending Champ, and JR / Dai / Tanner won 6 of 7 events, so that's your 4 posters.

If you go back to 2009, you have Tanner as defending '08 champ, and Tuerck / Forsberg / Foust / Dmac accounted for 6/7 round wins. That means Forsberg / Foust would have 4 of 8 posters in the 2 years.

If you go back to '08, Foust was defending champion, and Foust / Millen / Forsberg accounted for 5/7 wins. That means that JR / Foust / Forsberg account for 8 of 12 posters in 3 years.

..... which was exactly my point. These 3 drivers ALREADY get the most media coverage, and under your rule, they continue to get the most prestigious placement in the magazine. I'm not saying these guys don't deserve it, I'm just showing that this doesn't help bring up the mid-level guys who are currently finishing consistently in top 16 and occasionally top 8, but otherwise not getting as much media coverage - Mordaunt, Powers, Ng, Aasbo, JTP, Maeng, Verdier, Nishida, O'Sullivan, T McQ, Grunewald, etc.

The person who would buy or subscribe the FD magazine is already plenty familiar with JR / Forsberg / Foust, they might not be as familiar with the other drivers.

Comment

what i think , write ups love to read them

i'm thinking , maybe write ups of :

* readers rides
          *small events
          *clubs and demos
          *how to's
          *write ups on products.

i am from the midwest , i am close to DRIFT INDY .and MIDWEST DRIFT UNION, these are the decent groups , and cuircuts as i am talkign about for the club write ups, and demos, but we actually compete for a fd liscense and a shot at irwindale at the end , as the same as others,. i liek to see whats out there , what kind of meets and cuircuts are otu there and how much drifting has grown, make it a magazine were , everyone is intrested and wants to stay tuned for more, i am a big fan of FD and a driver also , but i look for stuff everywere i can manage about drifting if i dont know i look to internet to find the source , some of the things i haev searched which websites and adds from these , telling how much ecu re flashes are ,tire sales, coilover points, and certain selected parts.

*ecu settings.
          *tunings and engine products
          *roll cages and structures.
          *key points as of cambers and caster
          *dyno readings
          *shops.(tuning and sales)

these are things i look for cause as a driver i am looking for that every chance to modd up my car or make it faster to compete with other people , and it would be cool and exact to do so ,

Comment

Id like to see some grassroot event coverage, upcoming drivers, cool car coverage, a story about how Edgar is so cool and maybe a centerfold section if you know what I mean.

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing as chris2low. I like the idea of readers rides, coverage of small events, low-buck DIY tech articles. Something simillar to Car Craft, but aimed at grassroots drifters. Personaly, I'd also like to see little FD coverage in it. I don't read Car Craft for NHRA/NASCAR coverage, because there are other mags and the net for that if I feel the need to know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chris2low View Post
                i'm thinking , maybe write ups of :

* readers rides
                *small events
                *clubs and demos
                *how to's
                *write ups on products.
                *ecu settings.
                *tunings and engine products
                *roll cages and structures.
                *key points as of cambers and caster
                *dyno readings
                *shops.(tuning and sales)

Yo

Aren't there already about a million magazine, websites, and videos that already cover this type of stuff?

I want in depth analysis of the sport of drifting!

Comment

Yeah, this needs to be Formula Drift's version of National Dragster. It covers Regional, Sportsman, and Pro classes for the NHRA and news related to the NHRA only. I believe it even updates rule changes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                    So if you take this year, Forsberg was defending Champ, and JR / Dai / Tanner won 6 of 7 events, so that's your 4 posters.

If you go back to 2009, you have Tanner as defending '08 champ, and Tuerck / Forsberg / Foust / Dmac accounted for 6/7 round wins. That means Forsberg / Foust would have 4 of 8 posters in the 2 years.

If you go back to '08, Foust was defending champion, and Foust / Millen / Forsberg accounted for 5/7 wins. That means that JR / Foust / Forsberg account for 8 of 12 posters in 3 years.

..... which was exactly my point. These 3 drivers ALREADY get the most media coverage, and under your rule, they continue to get the most prestigious placement in the magazine. I'm not saying these guys don't deserve it, I'm just showing that this doesn't help bring up the mid-level guys who are currently finishing consistently in top 16 and occasionally top 8, but otherwise not getting as much media coverage - Mordaunt, Powers, Ng, Aasbo, JTP, Maeng, Verdier, Nishida, O'Sullivan, T McQ, Grunewald, etc.

The person who would buy or subscribe the FD magazine is already plenty familiar with JR / Forsberg / Foust, they might not be as familiar with the other drivers.
                    Great point you got there! Well, in that case another idea could be every poster having a rookie on it, with background info, car specs, sponsors exct.

Comment

Working...
                    X