CALLING ALL CARS > MOVIE OPENING THIS FRIDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALLING ALL CARS > MOVIE OPENING THIS FRIDAY

Like movies about street racing? Like the D1 Grand Prix? Like to get free ****?

THEN READ THIS...

That's right there's a movie opening and import party out in front of Mann's Chinese Theatre in LA off of Hollywood and Highland.

Basically, Quattronoza, AKA http://www.streetsoflegend.com is finally being realeased after 3 years of tense waiting. I was involved in the production and got to see the director's cut at Sundance in Utah, and it was the ****, couldn't believe I was part of that movie.

Well you can all see for yourself and maybe even pick up some press, they want a ton of cars out there and they're getting the major papers like the Times to come out and cover that ****.

I want everyone who can and has a car they're proud of to come out between 1 and 4:00, we're gonna all see the 7:30 showing and there's gonna be mad giveaways , as well as some of the Japanese D1 cars on display, they want a ruckus and I figure we can bring them a riot!

Me and some of the other racers involved in the movie want to set a rally point to head out to the showing, if you want to roll hit me up at 714.623.4663 and we'll set a location so we can mob in style!

PEACE

-Ali
    check out the website http://www.streetsoflegend.com
    or D1GP.com for more info. If anyone asks, tell em Ali told ya.

hey i saw this movie back when it was here during sundance, i would've taken my car then if i had it

Comment

I like the trailer and I hope it goes national. Problem is, I see a car slide in the trailer but theres no RWD cars in the picture gallery section on the main page.

Comment

This movie looks like it has nothing to do with drifting. Looks like yesterday's bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by tip
          This movie looks like it has nothing to do with drifting. Looks like yesterday's bandwagon.
          made about 3 years ago yeah thats right

Comment

***lame***

Comment

trailer looks wankster

Comment

My take on it

This movie was actually completed BEFORE Fast & Furious was released.

It was an independent, small budget affair produced by a couple of rising stars.

The concept was pretty good for the time, although I'm sure it feels dated now. The production values were also pretty good.

In today's tuner culture, I'm sure may appear as a late comer or a bit dated, but it is really a testament to how Hollywood rejects authenticity in favor of big box office potential. This film was never set up for large scale distribution and hence never went on to the stardom it should've. I'm glad to see it was recognized at the Sundance film festival.

I'm afraid this is a project that never got it's fair shake in the limelight, thanks to Hollywood. Instead of distributing this film greedy studios chose to pursue other "winner" car movies, i.e. 2F2F, Dukes of Hazzard, Herbie and some of the other horrific other movies we've had to endure (who here is waiting to gag on the remake of "Bullitt"?)

It's worth watching if you get the chance, but you have to walk into pretending you're back in 1999 to put it in its' proper perspective.

Comment

Working...
                X